twelve

And then came you
Please log in to read the full chapter

twelve

Yeoreum went to organize the stuff later, placing the stuff outside the bags before mentally prepared to where she was supposed to put it. She wondered if there were specifics places of where the things should be placed, or she could just put everything at anywhere she wanted.

Just when she  was placing the things inside the cupboard, a soft padding sound of Jongin make her turned around, staring at him who was waddling his way from the room.

He had changed to the clothes that he had wear early in the morning and although he looked dashing in that, Yeoreum couldn’t shake the handsome image of him dressing up during their shopping earlier.

“I’m in the kitchen.” She had said, wondering why she even informed such thing to him but to her surprise, Jongin decided to come to the kitchen, gazing at the kitchen counter for a while before searching for the seat.

“I thought you are going to stay in bed.”

“Are you kicking me out from my own kitchen?” Jongin remarked back and she rolled her eyes.

“I’m just saying, jeez.”

“Anyway, do your mom organized things in specifics places or just throw everything randomly?” she glanced up.

“You can just put everything where you want. My mom doesn’t care.”

“Really?” she was confused by that. “My mom would freak out if I did that. She’s like the neat freak you know, always organized.”

“And you don’t?”

“I follow my father’s steps.” She said, giving a forced smile although she knew that he couldn’t see it and began organizing, placing the things to where she found suitable to be placed at.

Yeoreum didn’t really mind Jongin being in the kitchen – really. Even when he didn’t even help her out or talks, she didn’t mind. But there was this bugging feeling inside her that just screamed something – why would Jongin be with her all of a sudden? He must wanted something.

And so, she stared at the boy, noticing that he had his lips shut tight and fingers tapped on the counter.

“As much as I like you being outside your room, I couldn’t help but to feel like you wanted something.”

His lips tugged into a knowing smirk and he stopped tapping on the counter, eyes darting into the empty spot, but he had his attention on her only.

“I want coffee.”

She scowled. “I thought you don’t want to drink it.”

“Because I want to drink it at home.” He replied and Yeoreum just scoffed at that, but nonetheless took out the coffee that had been bought and went to the coffee machine. Before starting the machine, she had glanced around, looking for a mug or anything for the coffee.

“Do you have like a mug or something for the coffee?”

“There’re glass in there, use it.”

“No, I mean something with a holder with it. It will be easy for you to use instead of those cups that didn’t have anything to hold on to.”

Jongin was touched by the slight thought that she had shown, but he shook that away and huffed.

“I don’t think I have one.”

No. She knew he had it. She had seen it by accident one day, though not really recalling where she had seen it.

She didn’t mind him and continued doing what she was doing. She opened the cupboard everywhere, searching for anything that would be suitable for the hot drink. And when she opened the lower cupboard, she managed to find one – a white mug.

“Oh look, I found it.”

She didn’t comment about how the cup was just left unused in the lower cupboard. And how it only has one and not come in pair or something.

“I have it?”

“Yeah, it’s a creative one at that. It says wake the up.” She said and went to wash the mug after.

Hearing that, Jongin seemed to be enlightened. “Chanyeol gave me that.”

“And you never used it?”

“Actually, I kinda forgot where I put it. So, yeah…”

Yeoreum nodded, placing the mug under the waited coffee machine. “Well, it’s going to be your favorite mug from now on, because whenever you’re having your coffee, I will be using it.”

Jongin half – heartedly hummed at that and sighed when he could smell the delicious aroma of his coffee. Just a moment later, he could feel a slight touch on the back of his hand, sliding. Yeoreum’s voice came after.

“It’s hot. Careful.”

He calculated his moves, fingers gazing around the mug and when he found the holder, he gripped it tight.  He slowly brought the drink to his lips, blowing and hoped that it won’t be too hard for his tongue. When he took a sip, it was hot, but he took another one and he began relaxed to the warmth, sighing in delight when the wanted drink was in his hold.

“You know, you shouldn’t have been drinking too much coffee.” She had said and Jongin snorted.

“Do I ask for your opinion, no I don’t think so. So, just hush, okay?”

She rolled her eyes at that. “I’m just saying. Jeez. It’s because you seemed so addicted with it.”

Jongin took another sip. “I’m not addicted.”

“Yeah, sure you are not.”

“It’s just that I haven’t had coffee since forever and I really really need it. Okay?”

“Am I stating anything? No, right?”

He could just feel her sarcastic tone and sighed.

“Anyway, are you going to keep sitting here?”

 

 

Jongin didn’t sit at the kitchen counter after that, he went to the couch. Yeoreum was still surprised that he went to sit there instead of going to his room, but she didn’t say anything and just took the boy’s book when he had requested before she took a seat beside him on the edge of the couch, opening the channel on the television.

They spend time together just like that again, on the couch – Jongin was reading and Yeoreum watching the drama.

But, she had watched it for a moment only before her attention turned to the boy who was just flipping the page of his book. He seemed so focus on it, eyes bored onto nothing as his fingers grazed on the page.

Yeoreum think Jongin looks handsome like that. Focusing. Doing his own thing and didn’t mind anyone else.

She didn’t even noticed that she already had her body fully turned to the boy, focusing only on him and didn’t even mind to the drama that was on the channel. She had her knees hugged tight to her chest as she looked at him, head lolled to the side of the couch.

“I can feel you’re staring at me. Again.” Jongin suddenly said and she smirked amusedly.

“It’s because I am.”

“I’m surprised you have the tendency to admit.”

She snickered inwardly at that, but still didn’t tear her eyes off the boy until he spoke up again.

“I can still feel you’re staring at me.”

“You’re so handsome for me to tear my gaze away.” She had blurted out loud and was expected to be receiving a cocky remarks but Jongin seemed embarrassed by that instead.

The tip of his ears were red and he swallowed hard, eyes fluttered a moment and she could see his face were red down to his neck.

That, of course drew an amused Yeoreum to life because she didn’t know the boy was capable on being embarrassed.

He tried to shake the topic away and cleared his throat, but oh she wasn’t going to let go off him just like that.

“Are you blushing?”

“I’m not!”

“Oh my god! You so did.” She squealed, laughing to herself.

“Shut up!”

She laughed again, noticing that he was blushing even more.

“Aww, is our handsome boy right here embarrassed? And here I thought that you’re so high and mighty, with all that threatening to jump on me and stuff. But you’re just a shy little boy.”

“Oh my god, shut up!”

Another cackle because he was already red at that point and Yeoreum seemed to have the time of her life watching that.  Gosh, what happened to t

Please log in to read the full chapter