two

And then came you
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

two

Taking care of someone shouldn’t be that hard – Yeoreum tried to make herself feel better although it changed nothing at the moment. She was confused, or more like – freaking out since the mother of the son was nowhere in the house and she had no idea what to do.

Insisting that everything is going to be okay, she breathe out heavily and forced a smile. She trudged to the kitchen, where she quickly took a quick look at the list of what the mother had specified her to do.

She made a face, looking at the list that was rather long.

Since it was near lunch, she opened the fridge. Looking inside the fridge was nothing like what she had expected – it was rather blank, only a few side dishes, water bottles, juices and some vitamins. Seeing that, Yeoreum frowned, thinking about how odd it was for a family to have nothing inside the fridge, but it wasn’t her job to nose around so she just shrugged.

She took out the box of beef and radish stew for the lunch – like how Mrs. Kim had taught her beforehand. It was separated from the other food, placed at the top of the rack and was labeled lunch with the name of the son – Jongin. Next to the box of lunch, was the dinner, also being labeled and named.

She then took some side dishes that the mom had listed and the eggroll that was beside the beef stew. The entire lunch menu had been informed by Mrs. Kim beforehand and Yeoreum just diligently followed the orders, not before being amused by how detail the mother was.

Slowly, she begin heating the lunch.

 

 

Earlier in the morning, Mrs. Kim had told Yeoreum to eat the lunch since she had made more for her and that her son wouldn’t finish eating it alone. Yeoreum had pondered for a while, before telling herself that she would eat after she had finish giving the lunch to Jongin.

Jongin.

She wondered how the boy was, actually.

He seemed rude from what she had seen earlier, but she wondered if that’s really him. But then again, she was being nosy.

She put the bowl of warm rice on the tray, where the other food was placed. She put it nicely like how Mrs. Kim had taught her too – placing it on clockwise so that the son wouldn’t have the trouble on feeding himself.

Mrs. Kim told her that the arrangement was always the same.

The stew is always at the bottom – six o’clock, and the rice always to the left of the soup – seven o’ clock.  Spoon and chopsticks next to the soup, with the chopsticks on the outside. The rest of the dishes would be on the nine, ten, 11, 12 and so on while the glass of water would be placed at four o’clock.

 

 

A deep breath was shaky when she let it out. She swallowed hard, praying to herself that the lunch would be very easy to do. The knock on the door came out soft as Yeoreum balanced the tray on her palm. Seconds passed and she just gave out a flat face when nothing came from the boy inside and so she opened the door slightly, peeking inside with her head popped from outside.

Again, her breath stuck at how beautiful the boy was.

He was still in the same position the last time she saw him, but this time he has his eyes closed as he leaned against the headboard, legs tucked under the blanket with both arms draped on his lap.

Yes, he is beautiful.

Thinking that she looked like a complete idiot by standing there and do nothing, she opened the door wider, allowing herself to get in. Unknowingly, she started to get nervous, palms sweating and throat dry.

The door was closed and that certainly made the boy shook, body tensed, head shot up and eyes wide.

It was quiet.

She didn’t know where her confidence came from, but there she was, taking steps even closer to the boy and his ears perked up at the shuffling sound.

“Umm…” she swallowed hard.

His eyebrows frowned and at that moment – Yeoreum knew that she was ed.

“Who the hell are you?!”

Her feet couldn’t help but shuffled backwards at the sudden outbursts. She was scared for a moment. He looked mad, and not to mention, his deep and honeyed voice that boomed at her was really making her doubt her decision on staying there, it sounded nice, but she wasn’t in the exactly right moment to appreciate it.

“I – I’m your new help…?” she wondered if that somehow sounds more like a question instead of an answer. But technically, she wasn’t a helper, but the boy didn’t need to know that and besides, it would be too complicated to actually explain how she even wants to babysit him.

Somehow, the boy was silent after hearing her answer and Yeoreum grew scared. Did she somehow offend him? Why is he silent all of a sudden?

“Get out.”

Okay, Yeoreum would be lying if she said that she wasn’t expecting that, but it still hurt somehow hearing it came from someone that she wanted to help.

“But – ”

“ – didn’t you hear what I just said?”

“I did.”

“Then?” he then snorted, “Please, don’t act dumb. Just get out.”

Yeoreum just wanted to retorted back, saying that she definitely not dumb and the only thing that’s dumb is her doing the job of taking care of him but she silenced herself.

“I came here to bring you lunch – ” she said, only to grit her teeth when the boy lowly chuckled, as if it was something so funny to him.

“I don’t care. Get out.” He snapped, leaning his head against the headboard as he closed his eyes.

She gawked. She squinted harshly at the boy, suddenly have the need to splash the hot soup on the boy’s face when she heard that, her blood boils hot just because of him. How could he even act like nobody was standing in front of him, holding lunch just for him?

Rude.

“I swear to god, if you don’t get out from my room, I’m going chase you out myself.”

Yeoreum really had to contain herself from just splashing the hot soup onto the boy’s pretty face. She wondered how the boy knew that she didn’t get out from his room, but figured that she doesn’t want to know much. “But it’s your lunch.” She managed to say.

“And your mother told me that your lunch – ”

“ – is important…bla bla bla.” He hissed, opening his eyes and even though she knew that he can’t see her, she still feel trapped under the gaze.

“But you know what, I don’t care. And if you’re smart enough, my mother doesn’t need to know about this. Now, get the hell out.”

‘ing rude.’ She mouthed, gripping the tray so hard that her veins popped. She didn’t even need to be told twice as she whirled around and walked out of the room.

 

 

If Jongin was her younger brother, Yeoreum would have slapped him on the head and just shoved the food into his mouth. But since Jongin was the son of the woman she had to work for, courtesy of her mother, she didn’t really have a choice but to just swallow every possible insult that she had.

She was at the kitchen, practically glaring dagger at the innocent lunch that the boy rejected. Now, she didn’t even know what she was supposed to do with the lunch. Mrs. Kim had specifically told her to make sure that her son be well feed in the lunch and she didn’t want any meal to be skipped. But seeing how the lunch was being untouched, she wondered what Mrs. Kim would say…

Should she keep it back into the fridge? Or should she leave it there on the kitchen counter?

Maybe throw it into the trash so that the mother won’t know a thing, but lying wasn’t really a good choice.

She groaned, burying herself into her arms she whined against the kitchen counter. “What should I do…”

Maybe she should eat it?

Yeoreum thought it was a bad idea, even though she was actually pretty starving. Mrs. Kim did gave her the permission the eat whatever she wanted in the house, but still…

She then shook the thoughts away and just opted on letting the lunch stay there, in case if the boy suddenly has the change of heart, in which she doubted and just continued on doing the house chores.

 

 

Other chores that she had to do were pretty much easy. She had to do the laundry – which had already been done by the mother early in the morning, wash the dishes – although they weren’t that many, and clean the house – although she didn’t have to, prepare lunch and dinner for the boy and just basically be there for him whenever he needed something.

It is a pretty easy job, minus the part where she had to take care of someone. And that someone is pretty much rude and hates her in some ways.

Having no chores left to do, she just sat on couch, flicking through the channel.

Mrs. Kim had told her to make herself comfortable in the house. The woman practically gave the permission for the girl to do whatever she wanted in the house, as long as she does her work and obviously, Yeoreum had no trouble on doing that.

The said woman had also told that her son wasn’t really fond on going outside from his room and just opted on staying inside in which Yeoreum thought was pretty much depressing as .

Wasn’t blind people are supposedly interact with outside world more often? So their sense would be heightened?

But again, she was being nosy.

But she was thankful though – after encountering the boy earlier, she doubted that she wanted to see his pretty

Please log in to read the full chapter