fifteen

And then came you
Please log in to read the full chapter

fifteen

Yeoreum doesn’t notice it at first.

But that doesn’t mean that she didn’t feel it.

She knew that she was starting to get every comfortable with the thoughts of Jongin and also with the presence of him. Just the way being with him put her in a place that she didn’t quite put her finger on but she didn’t want to complain because it felt right – it felt like it was supposed to happen like that, like – it was perfect.

So perfect that she was getting scared from it – knowing full well that she had never experience something like that towards anyone. Maybe it was because they have been leveling up in their relations as they are becoming friends. But still…she couldn’t shake the feeling from it.

Every day, the thought of having the see him again makes her heart feel at ease, knowing that she can and will see him when she walked into the apartment and seeing his moody self during breakfast and his hidden smile as she commented on something and sometimes the slight touches that they make unintentionally.

And that, just those single things make it perfect – because it was Jongin and she felt full.

And, to know that he always counted on her. Always needing her, always wanting her – makes Yeoreum felt a bit special because knowing that he was depending on her so much rather than other people – Jongin choose her.

She liked to help people, knowing that it makes her happy – but sometimes, helping people because they don’t make you feel appreciated enough but with Jongin – weirdly, even though he didn’t say it – just looking through his actions towards her after she was there for him makes her melt and feel special.

 

 

“You’re late.”

Yeoreum had to roll her eyes when she closed the door and found Jongin sitting on the kitchen counter, already waiting for her.

True, she was late – probably the first time she had ever been that late. But, she kinda has a good reason for it and Jongin didn’t really need to mention it.

“Well, I’m sorry sir. The traffic was pain in the .” She rolled her eyes but nevertheless smiled when she saw the scoff from the boy and he tapped his nails on the kitchen counter.

“Then don’t bother going home. Just stay in my house.”

Yeoreum had to glance at the boy to make sure that he was kidding around because the tone that he was using suggested that he was asking her to consider the idea and truthfully, she didn’t want that although her heart was somehow skipping by the idea.

“And then what? Having you molesting me?” she faked a gasp and the boy just grunted in response.

“I didn’t molest you. There is nothing for me anyway.”

She was offended, gasping louder. “You take that back!”

Jongin snorted.

“Just so you know, I’m probably the cutest girl you have ever known…” she brewed the coffee before opened the cabinet in the kitchen, taking out the things that she needed for the breakfast. She thought on making pancakes. “…I have the prettiest face and the glamorous body and you obviously missed your chance to…”

She suddenly stopped talking, frowning. “Why do I sound like I want you to consider on molesting me?”

Jongin laughed, shaking his head in amusement and she glanced over to make sure she caught the way his eyes shaped perfectly when he was laughing and the wrinkles in his face was evident enough to make him more beautiful that he already are.

The way he sound with his deep voice and breathy laugh just make her stopped and unknowingly, she laughed too.

Because he looked and sounds ridiculous yet – it was perfect.

“Why are you laughing?”

Jongin stopped laughing, shaking his head a few times as he tried to let his laughter down. “Why are you laughing?”

“Hey, I ask you first!”

“I ask you second.”

“Jerk.” She rolled her eyes. Again, Jongin chuckled and she bit out a smile.

“You seemed like in a good mood.” She commented and Jongin smiled, humming a bit before he lowered his head down and hid it in his arms that were rested on the counter.

She didn’t know why the boy was such in a good mood compare to usual. Probably because the weather was great and didn’t rain last night so he was not that anxious like always.

She liked him being like that instead of being so anxious all the time because that laughter of his just bring flutters in her heart without her knowing.

“Because you’re here now…”

Yeoreum heard that, and continued doing the breakfast, pretending that she didn’t hear it and didn’t feel any flutter in her chest at that while doing a not so good job at maintaining her wide smile along the way.

 

 

After the breakfast had ended, like usual – both of them were staying in the living room, with Yeoreum had finished cleaning the house and doing laundry and Jongin patiently waiting for Donghae to come for his lesson.

The two were silent like usual, with Jongin busy reading and Yeoreum watching him rather than watching the drama on the television and the boy knew that she was watching him like usual and the smile on his lips was just begging the come out and just painted his look, but he fought it and pretended that he didn’t even flattered a bit by her attention on him.

He had expected that she would be bored, but then – Jongin could hear a slight movement from her and the burning stare from her didn’t waver and he somehow grew shy for some reason, knowing that she was still focusing on him.

“Okay, what do you want?” he sighed.

“Nothing. Just continued reading...” she replied rather fast and Jongin sighed again, knowing that she won’t stop looking at him.

“I could…but I kinda distracted by knowing that you’re me with your eyes.”

Yeoreum rolled her eyes at that, but didn’t make any comments to correct it. “I thought you would be used with me watching you read after all this time…”

“I couldn’t. I don’t really like it when people look at me while I’m doing something. Just…why would you even stare at me?”

“Apart from you being handsome? –” Yeoreum didn’t mind the slight blush on his cheeks. “ – I think maybe because I kept on wondering if the book is that good that you didn’t even bother anything else.”

“Are you for real? You’re wondering that?”

“Yeah…you kept on reading the same book again and again…was it that good?”

Jongin shrugged. “I guess…I think I have mention it before, I couldn’t really do anything to entertain me…so this is the only thing that could keep me entertain.”

“Donghae makes sure to bring me a new book whenever I need one and also, this is kind of like an exercise for me to keep up with reading braille and stuff…”

Yeoreum hummed, nodding along before she scooted closer, having her full attention on the boy. “What does the book tell?”

“Why do you want to know?”

“I was curious…”

“Why would you curious about what I’m doing?”

“Why can’t I be?”

Jongin blinked at the question. “Because…it’s weird…why would anyone want to know about what I’m doing?”

Yeoreum softened and she tugged the boy’s ear, making him grunt lowly and she softly smiled. “Stupid. Why you say it like that? I would love to know about you.”

“But I’m blind.”

“So?”

“So? I’m not worth your time to know about…”

She hissed at that, frowning at his low and slow mumbles, exposing a bit of his insecurities and she cupped his face, forcing him to turn and face her. Jongin had the biggest frown on his face as he dropped his book and latched both of his palms on hers.

“What are you doing – ”

“Listen, you’re worth someone else’s time. So what if you’re blind? I still want to know about you because you’re worth it, you jerk. Don’t say those s.”

Jongin gripped her fingers tight with his and looked forward, batting his lashes as the words sink in. “Do you say that because you took a pity on me?”

“ing hell?”

He let out a small smile, linking their fingers together and Yeoreum had to stop her breathing because his hands were so warm on hers and just so perfect when their fingers linked together. And her eyes were feeling hazy when she looked at how soft his hair dropped naturally, covering his forehead and how the lashes sometimes caught with his soft hair from time to time and she couldn’t help but to smile in awe and becoming soft for him.

“You’re beautiful, know that?”

He chortled

Please log in to read the full chapter