twentynine

And then came you
Please log in to read the full chapter

twentynine

Yeoreum had split feelings the moment college started and nevertheless, she found herself in the embrace of her friend.

Eunhui hugged her tight, almost crushing her bones and Yeoreum would have been thankful for the bone crushing hug, but Eunhui somehow grew stronger after her time in Daegu that Yeoreum literally felt her bone was crushing. 

"Gosh, you are crushing me!"

And Eunhui just laughed, letting her Bob styled haircut flowed prettily when she threw her head backwards at Yeoreum's whined voice.

"I miss you!"

"I can see that." Yeoreum remarked back and Eunhui snorted.

"I can sense your sass getting worse."

"Ha.Ha." Yeoreum puffed her cheeks and just packed on her belongings while Eunhui went rolling on her friend's bed and smiled happily. 

"Did you have fun with your boyfriend?" 

Yeoreum couldn't help the smile on her lips and Eunhui make another teasing voice at seeing that, poking the girl's cheek and Yeoreum went chuckling at that. 

"Ah...my friend is growing up so fast..." Eunhui wiped her nonexistent tears and fanned her own face, being dramatic.

"It seems just yesterday you whined at me about this Jongin guy and now you're his girlfriend..."

Yeoreum was laughing at that, somehow got her heart tickled in a way when that fact was being mentioned. 

She still remembered the way her hatred was boiling towards Jongin for the first time, before she succumbed to a tiny pity on him, before wanting him to just be happy again. 

And along those time, she still couldn't believe that she actually caught feelings for him. 

"I know right..."

Eunhui just snorted, staring at her friend's dreamy eyes and light chuckle. "Show me his picture, again. I want to see him."

"But I sent you numerous pictures of him already." Yeoreum tried to argue, wanting the friend to remember the pictures that she had sent to her - taking Jongin's picture in secrets before sending it to Eunhui since she wanted to see him so much. 

To which she would always rated how handsome he looked in every occasion and have Yeoreum possessively argued how Jongin was hers. 

Nevertheless, Yeoreum still had her phone out and Eunhui went snorting at her acts, seeing how she was excited on showing Jongin once again.

 

 

Jongin went blinking, fingers playing with the pendant that Yeoreum had gave him as he tried to focus on the surrounding.

He saw a flash of white the moment he opened his eyes in the morning and when he closed his eyes and went opened it back again, his surroundings went blurry - as if someone just took his glasses and he couldn't see s because of it. 

But still, there was a wide on his smile and he went chuckling with a tinge of proud in his chest, loving his achievements - because he wasn't seeing pitch black anymore.

Even when he closed his eyes and opened it right back, the surrounding was still the same and he clasped his fingers tightly, kissing on the pendant along the way because he was giddy with his feelings. 

"Just a bit more..." he said to no one.

Although, he was hoping that Yeoreum was there by him to hear that. 

 

 

Yeoreum went smiling at Mrs.Kim's text and her eyes went heavy - weirdly wanted to let out her tears.

Jongin showed improvement yesterday - he can see the surroundings from his view - clear, and not in some kind of flash of glimpse, or in a shadow - but clear. 

Despite the sights were still blurry, it was a great achievement and Yeoreum wanted to hug Jongin out of pure joy, wanting to tell him how proud she was and wanted to tell him how everything is going so well because he did such a brave job. 

And she was smiling throughout texting with Jongin's mother and ended up wiping her own small tears when she noticed how her heart was heavy with her own feelings. 

She pushed down her phone to wait for another reply from Mrs.Kim and focused on her class for a while, though - the moment her phone vibrated, she quickly took it and opened the text immediately. 

 

 

"How's this?"

Jongin felt his vision went clearer a bit as he looked through the cold prescription glasses and had his eyes squinted a bit at trying to adjust to the lights. 

"It's blinding..."

The doctor hummed at that, pulling the prescription glasses and adjust on the power. 

Ever since Jongin came to have a clearer vision, the trip to the doctor's office became more frequent and he would end up doing more examination and have a few tries for the prescription glasses that the doctor had promised to give him - and Jongin was thankful for it brcause he couldn't help but to felt dizzy at the blurry images in his sights that he went closing his eyes in agony in every damn time. 

The glasses were supposed to make it better for him to see. 

"Why is it so blinding? I don't remembered the world to be so blinding before..." Jongin asked, looking down so the bright lights wouldn't affecting his dizziness once again. 

"It is normal, Jongin. It's like going out from your dark room and went to the bright living room. The blinding was too much because you have grown to the darkness."

"It's okay, the glasses will help you with it. It will help with the blurriness and the blinding flashes...it will probably be ready in a few days..."

"Maybe I can patch your eyes in the meantime so you wouldn't be too overwhelmed by it?"

Jongin grew mum at it, thinking for a while before he nodded - agreeing with it. 

"Patching my eyes wouldn't effect anything, right?"

The doctor just chuckled at that, pushing the prescription glasses that he was working on and focused on Jongin. 

"Of course not. Don't worry, your sights gonna be just fine..."

 

 

"Did you see him? Is he alright? Is he fine? Is he doing good?"

Chanyeol groaned when Yeoreum went gripping his arm back and forth, urging towards him the moment he stepped out from his bike. 

"Damn, Yeoreum...need to let me breathe for a while." he muttered, just letting her followed him like a lost puppy - supposedly, it was him that should be following her, since it was his first time coming to the cafe at her campus, but well...

"Chanyeol, I'm worried..."

"There's nothing to worry about..." he assured. 

But still, she was not convinced and just blinked cutely at him, trying to get some information and Chanyeol just huffed.

"He's fine, gonna get some prescription glasses soon. He gonna have his perfect sights back in a few days."

He squeezed Yeoreum on the cheeks and beamed happily. "Don't worry."

She just slapped his hands away. "I couldn't help it. When I called his mother to talk to him, aunty was busy with work..."

"And when she was available, I was busy with my assignments and studies..."

She was whining at that point.

Jongin was right in a way - saying that she would be busy in the first month when college started. 

Because she was still trying to juggle between classes, and the assignments while trying to make sure that she was alive and not dying because of depression. 

Chanyeol just tsked at her, shaking his head pitifully as he stared longer. "Look at that, poor girl...is she missing her boyfriend...?"

He was cooing, babying Yeoreum in a way to and she kicked his shin in return and Chanyeol went grunting at that. 

"You - "

She just mocked a laugh and yelped when he went chasing her after to which caught another attention from someone. 

Eunhui went frowning. "Who...?" she stared at Yeoreum. 

And Yeoreum kicked Chanyeol away from her before skipping towards her friend. "Remember the boy that I told you about?"

Eunhui make a sound of acknowledgement, remembering that Yeoreum once told her about it, during their calls and texts. 

"Your boyfriend's friend?"

"Is that gonna be my title from nowadays? Your boyfriend's friend?" 

Yeoreum stuck out her tongue in return and Chanyeol went scowling before looking at Eunhui and he loved the way she stared at him silently, with the curious eyes and frowns.

"I'm Chanyeol."

"Eunhui." she coolly nodded back at the tall guy before she pointed towards the cafe, already full with students that wanted to hang out. 

"Let's get you to Minseok."

And Yeoreum just watched as the two went talking, mostly Chanyeol went on and on while Eunhui just listened because she was never too opened at a new person unlike Chanyeol loves making friends. 

She just followed the two into the cafe and glanced around, seeing a few campus couple inside and she grew missing on Jongin once again. 

 

 

Jongin went chuckling, pressing the phone against his ear and there was a dreamy sigh escaping his lips at hearing Yeoreum's soft mutterings, saying how she wanted to see him so much. 

And his heart was aching - missing her too. 

That Chanyeol was grimacing loudly when Jongin went whining into the phone, admitting that he wanted her to be with him too. 

Yeoreum was laughing when she heard Chanyeol's voice at the line. 

"Should I come?" 

Jongin chuckled. "You're busy."

"Just a moment. I will come and give you a kiss and I'll go."

He laughed at that, shaking his head in amusement. "But I'll want more than just a kiss..."

"ert..."

He wanted to hear that so bad - even though it wasn't something to be proud of.

He wanted to hear the usual words that she always said - missing it. 

"This ert is your boyfriend." 

Chanyeol make a puking sound and Jongin just snorted when he heard his friend went grimacing louder to their lovey-dovey moments. 

"Is that Chanyeol's grimacing?"

"Yeah."

"Tell him to it up."

Jongin just laughed at that before Yeoreum went asking about his day and he gladly shared it with her, telling every concerns that he have to which she just calmly

Please log in to read the full chapter