One

And then came you
Please log in to read the full chapter

one

Yeoreum thought that she was the stupidest person alive in the world and maybe the easiest person to ask for help. She didn’t know whether to be glad or not about that newly found fact.

She should have known that no matter how she strong she declined the sweet suggestions that her mother had stated, she won’t win, just because it is her mother that we are talking about and the elder had the smartest mouth and the trickiest brain game. Yeoreum always become the victim of her mother.

And so, there she was – standing in the elevator, holding a peach cake that her mother had made the day before as she waited for her level. She waited patiently.

To be honest, Yeoreum was kinda surprised when her mother gave the address to her friend’s house – directing her to an apartment complex. Considering that her mother’s friend is the owner of a billion dollar company, it baffled her how they considered on staying at an apartment rather than a mansion or a pent house. And to add on, it’s pretty close to her house – only takes about 45 minutes if you ride a bus.

When the elevator stopped at the level, Yeoreum quickly got out, eyes wandering as to where the house located at and sighed in relief when she found it.

She wondered what her mother’s friend would think about her. She had never met the woman before, but the way her mother told her, Mrs. Kim is very nice.

What if Mrs. Kim didn’t like her?

Yeoreum looked at her choice of clothing – she just wore a simple checkered shirt under her cream color button up sweater and with skinny jeans that hugged her legs. She just hoped that her choice of clothing wouldn’t give bad first impressions.

She didn’t really know how to dress appropriately for the rich people, so she just sticks on wearing simple clothes. Her mother said it was fine and said that her friend is not someone who judge someone based on the way they dressed. But still…

Yeoreum didn’t really know the woman.

What would she look like?

Would she be looking like the typical rich lady from the drama that will eventually hate her? Or maybe she would be looking miserable as since well – she did have lots of problems on her shoulders at the moment.

She rang the bell and it didn’t take seconds for the door to open, much to her surprise, and revealed a woman that looked like she was in her mid-forties. And what surprise Yeoreum even more was that the woman looked nothing like what she had thought.

The woman was dressed neat with white turtleneck sweater that fit right on her body, complimenting on the curves of her body. Yeoreum didn’t even know that someone in her mid-forties would still have curves like that.

Not to mention, the woman was so strikingly beautiful that it made her speechless in front of the door, gaping like a fish that needed air. It was silence for a while, the woman just looked at her and suddenly anxiety washed through her.

Oh my god! What if I’m at the wrong house?

Her eyes were wide, thinking about that and it didn’t help that she was still gaping like a fish. Yeoreum know that she must have looked stupid because the woman suddenly chuckled, giving out one of the most beautiful smile that she had ever seen.

Wow, dramatic much.

“Yeoreum…right?”

Relief sigh escaped her lips as she stared at the woman. She knows her name, which means that Yeoreum wasn’t at someone else’s apartment.

Yeoreum gave out a thin line, which she hoped that it resembled a smile and nodded hesitatingly. “Y – yes…”

The woman smiled again. “Well, come on in…I have been waiting for you.”

The girl walked into the apartment with careful strides and gawked at the interior design of the house. It was neat.

The living room wall was painted black, matte black and it was kinda scary and almost depressing if it wasn’t for the white furniture and decorations in the house. The lights from the ceiling and the wall shone brightly, lighting the house and it looks neat. It feels neat.

The kitchen was not that far from the living room, only taking about a couple of steps to go there. Although look depressing and , Yeoreum had to admit that it does look smart, she saluted Mrs. Kim taste on decorating the house.

Yeoreum didn’t even realized that the door was closed since she was busy gawking at the house, only to be snapped into the reality when Mrs. Kim suddenly soothed her arm, smiling warmly.

“I hope you’re okay. I’m sorry if this place is a bit small.”

Yeoreum didn’t know what part of the apartment is small. The living room itself is as big as her room. But nevertheless, she just smiled, following the elder.

 

 

Yeoreum was marveled at the sight of the kitchen. It was small, yet it feels spacious. With the utensils well organized and cleanly mopped. She was somehow jealous of it because she knows that her house’s kitchen wasn’t like that at all. Probably because she was too lazy to even bother to clean it up.

She was sitting at the kitchen island, staring at Mrs. Kim who was making the coffee for her. Yeoreum had insisted that she want to help, but the elder just shrug it off, saying that she should just watch first and sit down.

“I’m surprised that your mother hadn’t come.”

“Yeah, she had to open the restaurant early. She wanted to come, but kinda forget that she had work to do. That’s why she sent you the peach cake.”

Mrs. Kim just smiled at that, glancing at the peach cake that was sitting on the kitchen island.

“It’s a shame that I couldn’t see her. She seemed so eager to come h

Please log in to read the full chapter