fourteen

And then came you
Please log in to read the full chapter

fourteen

Jongin doesn’t understand himself.

He doesn’t want to be blind, but he doesn’t seemed like he wanted to do anything fix it even when he had the chance too – all because he was too scared of the consequences and he think himself as a coward because of that, because he really is.

But, it was okay – because everyone can feel that. It’s normal – at least Yeoreum said that it was.

Jongin really doesn’t understand himself.

He didn’t found any comfort with the other helps that had ever come to the house, not once. He would always get so irritated at them for just doing simple tasks, cursing when they tried to speak those positive s and all and he would always threatening them to quit which they would always obeyed.

Until she came.

Truthfully, Yeoreum was just the pain in the like the other – oh, she thinks she’s so great with all that positive s and just really obeying his mother.

But despite that, she was easy – easy to make a deal with, easy to talk to, easy to understand him and weirdly, he found comfort in that.

It seemed like she just knew how to comfort him whenever she pushed his wrong buttons and how she would just hugged him so perfectly and just humming to those sounds that he didn’t know. Jongin didn’t know whether to be scared or not by that fact.

And to be said, she was the only person that bother to ask him about how he really feels – he didn’t know if she was being forced to ask that by his mother, but he sure feel special knowing that someone wanted to know such small things about him.

She also have the guts to even offered herself if he ever needed anything to share as if just willing to be there by his side whenever things happened.

And yeah, Jongin found himself feeling a tad special because of her small action.

But still, the way she makes her way to him was so easy that it scared him. He wondered why she even wanted to spend her time on someone like him – someone that is not that perfect.

“You’re not eating your food again.”

He heard her voice, all too husky and soft for his type – yet, he liked it. He liked the rough feeling that he get whenever he heard her voice – it sounded weirdly attractive for him.

“You said you wanted fried rice for your lunch and I already cook it for you, but why aren’t you eating?” she huffed.

“Do you know how hard I cook that for you?”

Jongin had sighed at her nagging. He prayed hard for her boyfriend for having to hear that. “You talk too much.”

And he poked on the food before slowly letting his spoon scoop it up, bringing it to his lips after.

“I’m just worried that you don’t eat. You didn’t eat that much lately…was my cooking that bad?”

“Not that.”

“Then? Was you really that tired because of earlier lesson with your teacher?”

He sighed, shaking his head again.

“Then?”

He was feeling irritated, because it doesn’t seemed like she would be stopping from asking any questions until she got her answers and knowing how eager she was, Jongin knew that she will do just that.

“It’s just…it keeps raining outside every day and I didn’t really have any appetite during this type of weather.”

Yeoreum had pressed her lips tight at that.

True, it had been raining nonstop since the past few days along with thunderstorms and she was afraid that it might flooded the whole city one day.

“Then, why do you keep coming outside if you don’t want to eat?”

Jongin went silent on that and Yeoreum cursed herself because she shouldn’t have asked that. She just crossed the line again, didn’t she?

“Because I want to…I need to hear your annoying voice.”

Okay, maybe she didn’t cross the line after all.

Jongin sighed. “And before you make your own assumptions, just so you know…I haven’t gotten a good night sleep in a while, so I need to hear your voice to make it easy for me to sleep…”

Yeoreum had softened at that of course, hearing his low mumbled that was hearable enough even though it was so soft and low.

“How about you take another bite and then you went to sleep in your room? I think you will be cold if you sleep outside, but don’t worry…I’ll leave the door open so you can hear my annoying voice.”

 

 

No. It wasn’t that easy.

And Jongin was starting to get panic because he could hear the soft dripping of rain outside, hitting the ground and hitting the window of his room and he didn’t hear anything to make sure that there was someone that could keep him accompany and just make sure that he was alright and not alone.

Even though he could hear Yeoreum’s voice faintly singing outside – from the parted door, he couldn’t help but to feel anxious again because it sounded so faint and he needed her to be near him. He needs her so much.

Worse, when the sudden thunderstorms suddenly strike, he had gasped – immediately awaken from his sleep.

“Yeoreum!”

The singing stopped and Jongin almost went panicked if it wasn’t for her running steps to his room and her –

“I’m here.”

Jongin didn’t know he had taken in such a deep breath and only let it out the moment he heard her voice. He pushed him

Please log in to read the full chapter