Jae [It's too Early for This]

Day6 Drabbles

“Honey... It's 9am on a Sunday, why are you doing this to me?” your husband complains in a clearly tired voice, eyes only half open as he frowns at you, not bothering to hide his disdain.

You laugh, and his brow furrows further. "You hate mornings just as much as I do! Where the heck are you bringing me?" despite his words, Jae's hand never leaves yours as you pull him along, still not breathing a word of your intended destination. He follows behind you, albeit begrudgingly, before sighing and taking a few strides so he's walking alongside you instead.

You pipe up immediately, grinning up at him and he can't help but let out an amused scoff at your expression. He squishes your cheeks with his free hand, "what's my wife so excited about so early on a weekend, hm?"

Puffing your cheeks to force him to release you, you skip over to the bench and he freezes in realisation at where you are - in the middle of the park near your place. "No," the borderline horror in his voice makes you roll your eyes. He looks at you to confirm his suspicions, and when you pull out a shoe bag from your backpack his eyes widen.

He groans with unconcealed annoyance, plopping down onto the bench, sprawling his long limbs off of them ungracefully. He tucks his hands into the pockets of his sweatshirt and turns to you sharply. "No way. I am not going for a run in the middle of winter. You're crazy. I love you, but you're crazy."

Instead of saying anything in reply, you set the shoe bag on the ground next to him and place your hands on his knees, pulling to a stand and giving him a quick peck on the lips. He blinks in surprise, you never being much of a fan of public displays of affection, let alone be the one initiating it.

Jae squints hard at you, still keeping his stance serious. "If you think that's going to bait me-" you cut him short with yet another peck, this one a little longer. You watch as his features strain at his effort to fight back a goofy grin at your actions. It's really unlike you to act cute and affectionate in public like this, and it's really getting to him. But...

“No.” he repeats sternly, slouching further into the bench. You shrug nonchalantly at his adamance. "Fine, then. No more kisses for today~" you calmly state as you turn away from him to begin your stretches. He sputters, immediately straightening up in his seat.

"What?! That's not fair!"

Placing your hands on your hips, you pivot to face him again. "Is too. 'cause one: it's literally almost spring; it's only 16 degrees out so stop being such a crybaby about it - it's the perfect weather for a run! And two - I'm only doing this because a certain someone said his new year's resolution was to gain some healthy weight and exercise more.

“There goes my plans of getting waffles for breakfast later. Ah, and I was thinking of making your favourite grilled mackerel for lunch too,” you drop your shoulders with a sigh, as though the situation was out of your hands.

“Guess all of that's out the window,” you tease, resuming your stretches. You bend down to touch your toes and turn to look at your husband's scandalised expression. “Right, did I mention no kisses?”

The childish whine you get as a reply makes you snicker, but you don't bother to spare him another glance while you continue warming up. “Babe, it's the beginning of March. You know I gave up on my new year's resolutions long ago."

“Yes Jaebear, you tried your best. But also, you gave up on the 3rd of January.”

“Don't patronize me. And the nerve, you're even guilt tripping me with food??! How dare! The audacity!”

Sometimes, you forget you married a drama queen. But Jae's always there to remind you. Every. Single. Day.

“All I'm saying is I'm still getting waffles but it'll be a table for one cos guess who deserves a good, hearty breakfast after working out? Not you, oo~”

Jaehyung goes silent, and you finish up with your warm ups before you turn to him quizzically - it was unlike him to stay quiet for long stretches if he was in a whiny mood. Lo and behold, there he was, strapping on the new running shoes you got him. You can't help but smirk as you hop over, pulling him to his feet.

He deflates slightly before standing straight and puffing his chest out. “Hah! Can I call myself a man if I deny myself my lady's kisses for the mere sake of not wanting to break a sweat? For shame!”

You swat his arm when you notice a few people who are jogging by turn their heads in your direction at his loudness. “Shut up, I know you were baited by the food. You don't even give me enough kisses as it is.”

“Excuse me?! I was not! And I always give you kisses!”

“It's true! You love food more than me and it shows,” you fold your arms and jut your chin up, confident about your argument.

“False. Okay, maybe the mackerel did tempt me but only because you cook it so well! So please cook it for me, my memeface queen, my love, my sunshine, my beautiful, amazing, wonderful genius of a wife!" this is a habit of his - over complimenting you (yet annoying you at the same time) whenever he asks for a favour.

“Getting back to my point, though - I only hold back on the kisses 'cause you always seem so tired from work lately whenever you're home and you don't like PDA much either-”

“People change,” you state simply. “And me being tired is no excuse, mister!”

Your loving husband can't help but laugh, wrapping his arms around your hips and turning you to face him. “So what I'm hearing is... You want more kisses?”

You nod.

“All the time?”

You nod again. He pulls you closer, inching his face towards yours with a playful, lopsided smile adorning his features. “Even now?” he whispers as his nose brushes against yours.

You blush hard and squish his face, pulling away harshly. “We're in the middle of a park!” you proclaim in disbelief. He bursts out laughing, covering his mouth with the back of his hand. “'People change,' my ! You're still allergic to PDA as alway-”

You tiptoe to kiss him full on the mouth, successfully shutting him up. His hands hover just an inch away from your waist but you step back before he can react. “Pecks are fine, I guess,” you say with a mischievous glint in your eyes before you sprint off down the path.

“YAH!” your stupefied husband calls after you. He shakes his head, chuckling as he picks your bag up and slips it over his shoulder. He'd have to find a locker nearby to put it in later. “My legs are longer! I'll catch up in no time!”

You turn, sticking your tongue out at him in the distance. “I'd like to see you try - eat my dust, slow poke!”

Jae rolls his eyes, knowing you'll run out of energy soon anyway but begins a slow jog in your direction. He can hear you laughing up ahead as you try to keep up your speed and can't help it when his lips curve into a small smile.

Well, if this was what his Sunday mornings were going to be like from now on, maybe they wouldn't be so bad after all.