Young K [In My Dreams]

Day6 Drabbles

rating: NC17. playlist: Be Lazy


You wake up, blinking the dryness out of your eyes. Brows knitted together, you squint, the hazy state your slumber had left you in leaving you disoriented. It takes you a few seconds to make sense of the mop of black hair before you.

Ah, right. Younghyun. Your husband. It all still feels a little unreal at times, the fact that you really claimed this man as yours. But there he is, right in front of your eyes. Last night, he was up writing songs and got tired, crawling into your bed while you were reading a book. And as always, he wrapped his arms around your waist and snuggled close, promising not to disturb you.

(But we all know he's a liar and soon enough your book was put away, abandoned and forgotten by your bed stand. Because Younghyun's neck kisses were getting too distracting for you to focus on anything else but him).

You huddle up against his sleeping figure, watching him quietly as you reach up to smooth out the wrinkle on his brow. He slowly relaxes at the feel of your touch and you let out a small puff of a laugh. You've always found the way he randomly frowns in his sleep adorably amusing.

Carefully, you pull his arm out from under your head, wondering how he slept with that weight the entire night before. He shifts around at the movement, scowling again and grumbling incoherently as a pout settles on his lips. You hold back another snicker and gently reach for his arm once he stops fidgeting.

You watch his face as you massage his likely sore biceps, trying your best not to wake him. But a few moments later his eyes flutter open, head tilting slightly to glance at you before giving you a sleepy smile. “Good morning, sunshine,” he whispers, leaning forward to press a kiss to your temple.

You giggle, pulling back to cup his cheek and peck his nose. “Morning, sleepy head. Did I wake you?” you ask, feeling guilty. He leans into your hand with a hum, shaking his head slightly. “No, I woke up ‘cause I missed your face.”

This makes you snort and pinch his cheek. He whines in protest but pulls you closer, nuzzling his face into your neck and breathing in your scent as he closes his eyes again. Hugging him back tightly, the two of you stay like that for a few moments before you lean back.

“Come on, we should get up now, babe,” you negotiate, knowing it's going to be a challenge to coax him out of the covers since it's his first weekend off in a long while. He shakes his head firmly even with his eyes still sealed, instantly drawing you back in and keeping you hostage in his arms.

You sigh, draping your arm around his waist. “You wanna sleep a lil more?” you ask as you brush his hair with your fingers. He nods wordlessly, pecking your collar bones since they're the closest thing in reach where his head is tucked away.

“Why are you so sleepy, you lil sloth~ you fell asleep before me last night.”

“Yeah, but I woke up and admired you for a while, so now I'm sleepy…”

“I- you woke up in the middle of the night? And just stared at me like a creep?” you jest, but hug him tighter, lifting his head a bit so you can peck him, “sleep more then, silly.”

He simply smirks in reply, tongue darting out to teasingly run along your lower lip when you peck him, eliciting a small surprised hum from you. You can feel him grin against your lips at your reaction, before he nuzzles back against your neck, tracing his lips against your skin. You can't hide the shiver that runs down your spine when he brushes against a sensitive spot.

“Don't do that, or I really won't let you sleep,” you scold as you push him away slightly, making him pout. He dives in to place a soft, open-mouthed kiss on your skin before pulling back. “Okay, okay. I'll stop. For now.”

The eye roll you give him makes him smile wide before he lets his eyelids shut again, arms still keeping you captive as he entangles your lower limbs. Nonono, this wasn't part of the deal.

“Yah, Kang Younghyun. I said you could go back to sleep, not keep me jailed. Release me, I have breakfast to make!”

He ignores you and snuggles closer. “Oh no, he's gone deaf. Time to call the ambulance,” you attempt to extract yourself again, but it's futile. “Brian…” you warn, and this time he opens his eyes.

You don't call him Brian very often because you know he likes it better when you call him Younghyun. So when you do call him by his English name, he knows you mean business. He blinks at you, just watching your expression that's somehow both stern yet loving at the same time. Then he sighs.

“But if you get up and go make breakfast instead of sleeping in with me, you won't be in my dreams-” he pleaded.

Now it's your turn to blink at him, and you eventually exhale as you come loose, conceding defeat. “My husband's a cheeseball. Fine, I guess it won't hurt to get another 30 minutes of shut eye.”

“Or 3 hours,” he whispers back, happily tucking you back in his arms, then pauses, turning so his back faces you instead. You catch on immediately, wrapping your arms around him to spoon him, “mmm that's what I'm talking about.”

You giggle, leaning your head against his back. “If you like being the little spoon so much why don't you do it more often, you big softy.”

“Because I enjoy being the big spoon more but I'm just soft sometimes okay?”

You still, narrowing your eyes even tho he can't see your face. “Sometimes? You've been nothing but soft from the moment you got up today, mister. What ya sayin?”

“I'm not soft! I'm hard!” a second passes in silence, “Okay, that came out wrong. But hey, it isn't entirely inaccurate at given times- ow!”

You innocently tuck your head into the crook of his neck and you cuddle him closer as though you didn't just pinch him in the waist (hard) for that joke.

“Sleep.” you command and he chuckles airily, taking one of your hands that's around his waist and bringing it to his lips to kiss each of your fingertips, then your knuckles. “With pleasure, my queen.”