Dowoon [Puppy Eyes 2/2]

Day6 Drabbles

The sound of keys jiggling in the lock was heard and Dowoon freezed as he stared at the door. He doesn't know what takes over him as he picks up the terrier and runs to the bedroom, placing it there and trying to hush it while the 9 month old pup just tilted his head with his tongue dangling out. Dowoon closed the bedroom door just as you stepped into the house. Luna, the collie you had both adopted barked happily upon recognising you.

You squealed and kneeled down, dropping your bags on the floor as you hugged her and scratched under her chin, earning a happy bark in reply. “Did you just get home, princess?” you asked, before shifting your gaze to finally look at Dowoon and smile brightly.

He gulped as he smiled back. He hoped you wouldn't be too mad once you found the terrier in the room. You had both agreed on taking only Luna home after visiting the shelter a couple times and it felt like a strong bond had formed between you three. You just had to take her home. But this new addition would come as a surprise to you, and he wasn't too sure how you were going to take it.

You always kept saying that the both of you were both so busy and having to take care of a pet wasn't all fun and games; you'd both have to be responsible and care and love for your new family member. Or members, now. He just hoped he didn't make a grave mistake. But at least for now he'd have a little more time to think since you weren't headed for the bedroom yet-

Arf!

Spoke too soon. You looked up at Dowoon and raised an eyebrow. “Was that you-

Arf! Arf! Arf!

Your eyes fell to the door, questioning look on your face. Giving Luna one last scratch on the ear, you walked over to the door, Dowoon quickly moving to block you.

“What are you doing?”

“Ah, oh- it's nothing.”

Folding your arms, you stared at him. He was sweating bullets even as he grinned widely, trying to act like it was a joke but his nervousness and the clearly awkward lines around his neck gave him away.

You pushed him aside and he stepped away without much force, already resigning himself to his fate. Slowly and carefully, you opened the door and a white ball of fur immediately ran to your feet, stopped, paused, before looking up confused. Then he scuttled away to Dowoon, recognising his scent and trying to climb up his leg, jumping.

Dowoon bent down to pick him up just as Luna came and joined you three, watching curiously. Dowoon observed as you exhaled and closed the small distance between between you and him. His arms grew a little rigid as you reached out, gently the terrier’s fur and letting him sniff your palm to get used to your scent.

“What's… Her or his name?” you asked after a few moments of palpable silence.

“He doesn't have one yet, I thought we could name him together,” he explained abashedly and you relent, laughing a little as you kiss his cheek, sending a flush of relief through him.

You took the terrier into your arms and rocked it gently. Luna, feeling left out, whined softly as she rubbed against your leg. Laughing, you bent down and placed the terrier next to Luna, ruffling their thick fur lovingly.

“Let's call him Sagwa,” you said as you looked up at Dowoon who blinks back at you before crouching down to join you. “Because you,” - you tapped Sagwa’s nose - “are the apple of my eye. And you are both your appa’s apology, and the thing that he's wordlessly apologising for.”

Dowoon smiled. You knew whatever he was feeling even if he didn't say it. But there was one more thing you said that caught his attention.

“Appa? Well, if I'm the appa then does that make you the eomma?” he grinned cheekily as he let Luna lay half of her body on his lap.

“Who else would be their eomma, silly?” you nonchalantly countered.

He grinned from ear to ear. It was always the way he reacted to these little things that made you love him so much more.

“Luna eomma,” he called.

“Hmm?”

“Sagwa eomma.”

“Neh, Luna and Sagwa’s appa?”

He chuckled deeply, before gazing into your eyes so intensely you had to look away as a blush crept up your cheeks.

“Saranghae.”


*Sagwa in korean can mean apple, and it can also mean 'apology'. You know those words with the same sound but diff meaning kinda thing. Forgot what those were called.

A/N: lmao fam it happened again. I overshot too much lol but hope yall liked this! Requests jsy, otherwise next one will prbbly be Jae~