Young K [Inverted Skies]

Day6 Drabbles

He lies on the bed with his head propped up on a pillow, flipping through a thick stack of binded notes, highlighter cap between his lips as he lines a sentence in neon green. You watch him quietly, not wanting to disturb his concentration and yet wanting him to take a break at the same time. He has been studying from the moment he got back from the studio, sparing just enough time to shower and eat.

You know studies and work are important to him, but you just wish he would stop and let himself breathe for a moment. You lean your head on his chest, looking up at his face from that angle and smile to yourself, liking the way the little lamp on the bedside table cast an orange glow on his features, leaving shadows on the other side of his face.

Your gaze falls back down  to his neck and you absent mindedly let your fingers dance along his collarbones. His concentration doesn't falter, eyes still glued to the business management slides he is diligently studying. He’s used to these little random quirks you have... Almost.

You lean forward and place two precise kisses on the little moles on his neck and this time the highlighter cap drops from his lips as he chuckles, the act sending vibrations through you with yourself nestled against him like this.

“What are you doing?” he asks, smile wide and eyes twinkling and watching you even as he sets his notes down on the bedside table.

"Just appreciating the inverted view of the night sky that's painted on your skin," you answer, making the both of you cringe slightly before you burst out laughing. You gingerly touch the two dots.

“The sky’s a little empty, though - it only has two stars,” you joke.

He shakes his head in amusement before his slender fingers - the fingers of a bassist guitarist - wrap around yours. And as they do, he brings your hand to his lips, planting a kiss on each of your fingertips, one at a time. You smile up at him with your cheek rested on his chest.

"What are you doing?" you echo his earlier question.

“Just appreciating the fingers," he pauses, interlocking your phalanges and softly rubbing the back of your hand with his thumb, "the hand," another pause as he kisses the top of your head, "the woman who never fails to ease a smile out of me no matter how exhausting a day I've had."


A/N: honestly i didn't plan for this to be this long. I just wanted it to be like 2 paras long and then it ended up- like this- #proofimtrash anw tell me what yall think and do gv requests, next one up will be dowoonie!