Jae [I'm Home]

Day6 Drabbles

Era: Days Gone By

Genre: fluff~ kinda NC16? 👀 

Context: "Tadaima" and "okaeri" are Japanese greetings meaning "I'm home" and "welcome home" respectively


"Tadaima," called a soft voice from the door, causing you to stir from your light sleep on the couch. You had been waiting up for the owner of that voice (it had been two whole weeks since you last saw each other in person, so you didn't want to be asleep when he got home), but somehow drifted off to dreamland while binge watching Brooklyn 99 - it had been a long day, though, so you weren't surprised.

You were just glad that you woke up at the sound instead of being too deep in sleep (as you usually were). You rubbed your heavy eyelids and stood, humming in response to his greeting as you walked over to the kitchen sink to wash your face and rinse your mouth, only to feel a pair of arms wrapping themselves around your waist.

You fought back a smile as you felt a soft pillowy sensation on your nape, trailing along whatever exposed skin was in reach. "Tadaima," he repeated, and you hummed again, reaching up to brush his hair back. You could feel him frown a little against your skin, and you knew exactly why.

He pecked your ear, then leaned over to brush his lips against your cheek before moving down to your neck again, on the skin there softly, vying for your full attention. You turn around this time, sprinkling a little water from your still wet hands on his face.

"Hey!" he furrowed his brows and leaned his forehead on yours, the pout still set deep in his features, even as he arched his head to kiss you softly.

"Ta. Dai. Ma." he reiterated, each syllable interspersed with a peck to your lips, the last one deeper than the first two. You giggled, reaching up to cup his face and nuzzle his nose, tilting your head to kiss him back as his hands moved down to give your hips a small squeeze.

"Okaeri~" you finally answered as you pulled away, and his frown immediately eclipsed into a wide grin. The grin quickly disappeared though, because the next second his lips were on yours again, and even though he pulled away to scowl at you sternly when you kept smiling into the kiss - making it hard for him to kiss you properly - you knew he was just as happy as you were (even if he was a teeny bit annoyed at you for teasing him earlier).

Though neither of you were even remotely Japanese, you had first bonded together over watching anime, which was when he came to know about how you found the Japanese greeting adorable. So when you had been dating for a while, and he'd begun coming over to stay whenever he could, it just became a thing between you two. And you never left each other unreplied, unless either of you were mad at the other, or asleep.

Thus, when you didn't reply him right away, he got scared for a second, but seeing how you were still reciprocating to his touch, he figured you were just teasing him and kept at it till he got a response out of you. Jaehyung picked you up and settled you onto the kitchen counter as you slid your hands along his shoulders and up through his hair, never breaking the kiss until your hands twirled around something.

You pulled back with furrowed brows, tugging softly on the fibre-like material, squinting at the object between your fingers once your eyes opened. What you found was a long, braided lock of hair on the right of his scalp. Was that a- "Park Jaehyung, did you seriously get a Jedi hair braid?"

Jae smiled cheekily as he watched you play with the string of hair. "Do you like it? Look-" he took the extension from you and held it up along his upper lip, “my moustache says hello.”

You stared at him incredulously but the happy little smirk he had on eventually got to you and a breath of a laugh escaped through your nostrils. “You're such a dork,” you complained, but the curve to your lips betrayed your concealed amusement.

“But you love this dork anyway~” he sang while picking you back up, holding you close as you wrapped your lower limbs around him to better secure yourself.

“Why didn't your stylist remove the extension before you came home, though?” you asked, brushing his dark locks away from his eyes as he walked over to the living room.

It was the day of their music video shoot for Days Gone By, and the following few days were the last free ones they had before all the promotions began, so he promised to stay over. But you didn't expect him to show up like this; 80’s hairstyle getup and all.

“They were going to, but I told them not to. I said I was too lazy and wanted to get home early today. But I also wanted to show my beautiful girlfriend how good I looked with my Jedi tail.”

You rolled your eyes as he lowered himself onto the couch, rubbing your waist gently as he stared up at you lovingly, holding you in place so you couldn't get off his lap. “Say it.” he demanded, and you feigned ignorance as you leaned down to peck his forehead.

"Say what~?"

“Say I look good with the rat tail.”

“I'm sorry but my momma didn't raise a liar.”

"Which is exactly why you'll say it," he raised a brow expectantly, and you sighed, conceding.

“You know you look good in anything, babe. And you know how much I love it when you have darker hair, but this...!” you held the tail up, staring at it with a grimace before dropping it down and moving closer in his lap, wrapping your arms around his neck loosely.

“Fine, I give up. You look good. You always do. And it kinda suits you, I'll admit.”

The coy smirk that took over his features made you roll your eyes yet again. “Plus, I can do this if you annoy me-” you yanked on the braid and he yelped, reaching one hand up to rub the sore area.

“Babe, that hurt!” he pouted at you and you laughed, giving him an Eskimo kiss before pecking his pout.

“Sorry~” you grinned, brushing your lips against his again. That was all it took to make him pull you in once more and claim your upper lip ardently, hands rubbing up and down your back.

You raked your fingers through his hair and tugged on his new accessory, earning a deep groan that rumbled in his chest - you could feel it from beneath your other hand that was pressed flat against his upper torso.

He pulled away for air and looked at you with dark, lidded eyes, then playfully nipped your bottom lip. "Well, if you tug on it like that every time we make out now, I guess I should just tell my stylist to leave it in all the time."


 

A/N: a is whipped. Also I'm here to share a little present with yall - https://twitter.com/wonpilates/status/1077206417629540353?s=19. You're welcome. P.S., requests are open ~