Dowoon [Puppy Eyes 1/2]

Day6 Drabbles

He sat crouched in front of the metal cage as he waited for the staff member to come with the key. His eyes turned soft as he pressed a palm against the metal bars, a paw coming up to press against it. He played with the border collie for a little while when he heard a whine from the next cubical; a white terrier pouted at him.

He sighed as he scooted slightly to the left in his squatted position, tilting his head to stare at the little guy. One of his eyes were missing, the eyelids sealed shut. Dowoon wasn't too sure what happened that led to that - an infection? An abusive past owner? A random accident? But it wasn't the first time he noticed this lil buddy.

He had been visiting the animal shelter for about two weeks, and finally decided to take home the collie that had a little limp due to a fracture in her left limb.

"She was found abandoned in an alleyway. The person who found her said that some kids used to throw rocks at her, hence the fracture," the shelter's staff had told him.

His heart ached when he heard the stories of all the strays and abandoned animals that now resided at the tiny adoption centre, but he couldn't possibly bring them all home - even if he wanted to. He reached a few fingers in and let the terrier sniff his scent. The corner of his lip lifted slightly as he scratched it's cheek.

"I can't take you home, stop looking at me like that," he frowned at the white furball who just whined in reply and nuzzled his face against Dowoon's fingers. The staff member finally arrived with the key to the border collie's cage just as Dowoon's shoulders slumped in defeat.

"I'm sorry, but could you get me another key too?"


A/N: request from samasbananas! i miiight make this a 2-part. I wanted this one to just be our puppy maknae and the lil doggies heh.