Young K [Scents and Stolen Sweaters]

Day6 Drabbles

Pairing: Youngk x reader
Genre: Fluff
Word count: 711 (istg i was planning to make this shorter)
Requested?: Yes! by @daelicious-jongbulge​, for this prompt game

Prompt: would it be okay if I borrowed your sweater? It smells like you…

imageGif not mine

Younghyun stands by his closet, suitcase wide open on the floor and clothes strewn all over the bed you were lounging on. Looking up from your phone, you watch as he walks over to you and drops the bunch of outfits he’s finally settled on.

“Don’t forget to pack something warm,” you remind him, and he rolls his eyes as he digs his hand into the pile, pulling out his favourite leather jacket and pointing at the tan fur-lined coat hanging by the door.

“Stop being such a worrywart. I’ll just buy something there if I really need it.”

“Okay, but did you at least pack-”

“Yes, I have my heat tech inners, socks, and heat packs just in case.”

Younghyun’s smug little half-smirk at correctly predicting your questions calls for you to reach over to flick his forehead. So you do exactly that, and stick your tongue out at him. He simply chuckles at your actions before moving along with his packing.

You pull some of the clothes from his to-pack pile as you go back to your spot, helping him roll them up neatly for him to arrange in his suitcase. He snatches them back from you when he notices, playfully smacking your hands.

“It’s your off day! You’re supposed to be taking a break, not helping me pack!”

Huffing, you throw yourself onto your back, turning sharply to Younghyun. “I’m just bored! At least let me be a little useful-”

“You’re being wonderfully useful by using your day off to be here and spend time with me before I fly off, even if you’re just lying here and watching me pack.”

Younghyun stuffs another pair of jeans into his suitcase, before leaning down to peck your forehead when he notices you’re just staring at the ceiling. “Really, you don’t know how much I appreciate just having you here.”

You grunt in response, but the little tug at the corner of your lip gives you away. Flopping onto your stomach, you curiously pick at his reject pile and find one of his favourite hoodies - an oversized, baby pink one. He probably decided against it since it wasn’t exactly warm enough for the weather in Europe.

Yanking the sweater out of the pile, you hug it to your chest and lay your head on it, taking in the lingering scent of his detergent, aftershave and cologne all mingled in the fabric. You close your eyes, sighing softly at how rested you feel. A soft sensation on your nose makes you scrunch it. Grinning as you open your eyes, you find your man’s face right before yours.

The bed dips as he climbs onto the bed, deciding to abandon what little is left of his packing to lie with you. His arms come around you, warm, as they always are. Snuggling close, you lean on his chest and draw shapes on his chest with your index finger. The both of you stay quietly like that, his hand soothingly patting your hair down.

You break the silence after a moment, craning your neck so you can get a proper look at his face. “Listen, I know this is a weird thing to say, but would it be okay if I borrowed your sweater? It smells like you… I just think it’ll help me miss you a little less-”

“This coming from the woman who’s constantly telling me I stink and need to take more showers? Aw, is my babygirl really gonna miss me that much?” he immediately teases, and you regret even asking.

“Ugh, forget it,” you grumble, pushing him away and turning around.

Younghyun chuckles, his arms coming right back around you without a beat. “Of course you can borrow it. As though you haven’t already stolen like, two of my shirts and another one of my jackets-”

“I didn’t steal them, I’m just borrowing them,” you counter defensively. “But those don’t even smell like you anymore…”

“Yeah, ‘cause they’re practically already yours at this rate - I haven’t seen my ACDC shirt in like, 4 months.”

“I’m just making sure you’ll have clothes next time you stay over at my place!”

This of course, makes him smirk and lean in to press a kiss to your nape. “Is that an invitation?”