Jae [Macs?]

Day6 Drabbles

"Hey, you left yet?" the voice from your phone on loudspeaker crackles slightly.

"Yeah I'm just," - you run around your room, grabbing your purse and throwing the clothes you decided not to use in a pile on the corner of your bed - "grabbing a couple things. But I'll leave in just a bit!"

The person on the other line chuckles, knowing you're probably dashing around like a madwoman and misplacing everything as usual. "You're gonna be late if you're taking the bus," he reminds you, the amusement still blatantly obvious in the lilt of his tone.

"I'm not dumb. I'm really gonna be out in a sec. Okay I've got my wallet, my transportation card, charger... . Where's my phone? Where's my phoooOonee?"

“I'm- dear Lord. What the heck are you calling me with, young lady?"

Silence.

"Okay, I take that back. I am dumb."

You grab your phone and put it off speaker, clamping it between shoulder and ear. "I take it you're already on the way there, seeing how you're just rubbing the fact that I'm tardy in my face," you grumble as you leave your flat, heading down to the ground floor.

"Actually..."

You walk out, stopping in your tracks as a man leaning against a car looks up, the hand that was holding a phone to his ear dropping to his side as he smiles up at you.

"I came to pick you up, knowing that you'd be late,” he tugs his head back to the empty shotgun seat, “hop on in.”

You shake your head as you run down the few steps to the drop-off point in front of your flat that he was waiting at and give him a quick hug. “It's been forever, I've missed you. We all have.”

As you try to pull away from the hug, he wraps his arms around you instead, pulling you back and nuzzling his head in your hair. “Okaaayyy we can leave the sappy reunion hugs for later, Mr. Giraffe turned Koala. We're gonna be late!”

You pull away again as he loosens his arms but still keeps them encircled around you. “About that…” he begins, making you raise a brow as you look up at him, “agh, i can't take it. Imma cut the act. We're not late for anything. The fam were just playing along with me.”

Your quirked brow slowly turns into a confused furrow, just as you notice his eye twitch a little as it does when he's nervous. He puts his palms together and takes a breath as though preparing to say something before pointing them towards you.

“Listen, I know it's sudden.. But you know you're one of my favourite people in the world.  And I think you're hella cool. So would you go on a date with me? Like, right now?”

You blink up at him in slight disbelief at first. The casual, usually unflappable Jae is peeking at you with only one eye and the other squeezed shut with a look on his face that's a toss between nervous and hopeful, with a tinge of 'im-highkey-embarrassed-so-please-put-me-out-of-my-misery’.

The corner of your lip lifts just a little and you fold your arms as you tilt your chin up at him. “Well, that depends,” you start, earning a confused Jae, “are we getting McDonalds?”

You watch as his lips morph into the dorkiest grin ever and he picks you up, spinning you in a circle. “Hecky yes! We'll get maccas for lunch, then yo boi's got a reservation for dinner. We eatin good tonight, alright?”

His excitement rubs off on you and you can't help but beam, snickering a little. “I thought first dates were just Macs? Why so fancy shmancy, hmm?”

He rolls his eyes while opening the door to the passenger seat for you. “You're not just anybody, are you? If I didn't know you then sure-” he pauses once you're seated but you can tell he has more to say so you wait for him to close your door and come back around to get in the driver's seat, pulling on his seatbelt and starting the ignition before shamelessly holding his hand out to you.

You scoff playfully but take his hand anyway, and he smirks before lacing your fingers together. “If you still wanna be all scrutinizing - allow me to inform you, miss. That I'm taking you on two dates today. And we gon eat good on the second date.” He turns to look at you pointedly.

Poking his nose to get rid of the smug expression he has, you concede. “Fair. Now get going, I'm hungry. And I'm paying for macs. No arguments.”

He squeezes your hand while shaking his head as he pulls out of the driveway, still smiling goofily, unable to hide his elation. “Wouldn't dream of it.”


I've been having so many Jae feels lately, send help???? Boi got me swervin