Sungjin [Sweaty Palms and Skinship Allergies]

Day6 Drabbles

“Jaehyungie was playing games last night so I decided to join him just to try it out, but now I’m so sleepy,” your boyfriend complains, a long yawn following his lament as though to further affirm the truth to his words.

“Oh? It’s Jaehyungie now, not Jae-ssi?” you tease, hooking your arm into his sneakily as you walk towards your favourite waffles place for supper, but he doesn’t pay it much mind. “It’s good to know you’re feeling close enough to your bandmates now to finally refer to them affectionately, babe.”

“Hey, I’ve always liked them, I just-”

“I know, I know,” you stop Sungjin short. “It just takes you a while to completely warm up to someone, I get it.”

He smiles, loving how you understand him without him even having to utter a word. You reach down to hold his hand, but he pulls it away hastily, making you frown. He presses his palm to his jeans a couple times before taking your hand again, not wanting to leave you hanging for too long.

“I told you I don’t care about the sweaty palms, right? You don’t need to keep pulling away every single time,” you mumble, leaning your head on him as you walk.

“But it’s all sticky-” he fusses, giving your hand a little squeeze. “I’m sorry, it’s kind of a reflex by now.”

“Mm.” you muse, the dissent at his excuse coming off a little stronger than you intend.

“Yah,” Sungjin uses his index finger to tilt your chin and make you face him, “what’s the matter?”

You keep quiet, worrying at your inner lip “It’s nothing, I just-” you shake your head, trying to gather the right words. “I mean, I get that you have a bit of a complex regarding your sweaty palms… And I know you aren’t the biggest fan of skinship. But when you avoid me like this I can’t help but feel it’s because it’s… Me.”

Sungjin stops walking, and the action yanks you back since you had continued walking with your hands connected. You turn to find a completely perplexed expression on his face, so you take a step back, turning to face him.

Brows creased, he takes both your hands, interlacing his fingers with your own. (And even after all the time you’ve been together, the action still makes your heart skip a beat). “Why would you ever think that?” he asks, staring into your eyes.

You can see that along with his confusion, there’s a tinge of hurt there in the mix. And you hate that you’re the reason his sparkling dark brown orbs look so dejected. But you can’t hide it anymore, since this has been weighing on you for so long. Your shoulders droop and you turn your eyes away from his, unable to hold his piercing gaze.

“Well, we’ve been dating for almost a year, now. But you still shy away or react awkwardly when I try to be more affectionate with you,” you start, studying Sungjin’s face to gauge his thoughts, but all you get is that he wants you to continue, knowing you have more to say.

“At times I even get jealous of how comfortable you are around Jaebummie. And I know that’s ridiculous because you two have been close since forever, but… It’s been a year, and you’ve only ever held my hand and occasionally hug me-” you raise a hand to tell him to hold that thought, “-not that I don’t thoroughly enjoy it, though,” you give his hands a little squeeze to prove your point.

“It’s just that sometimes I wonder why. Is it because I’m not attractive enough? Look at me! It’s been a whole year and my boyfriend doesn’t even wanna ki-”

You words die in your throat because the next second Sungjin’s hand is supporting your nape as his lips slam onto yours, devouring your surprised gasp. You have to grip onto his arm to stabilise yourself because all of the sudden, your legs are jelly and the only thing you can do is kiss him back just as fervently. It takes a few seconds before he finds some composure and slows, pulling away to gently peck you and brush his lips against yours.

“And how on earth did you ever get that idea?” He looks at you, tongue darting out to wet his lips.

You can’t speak for a good amount of time, mouth agape as you blink, completely nonplussed. Had that really just happened? In the middle of the street, no less? (It was a good thing it was late so there weren’t many passers-by around). The inner side of your bottom lip throbs and you it, the taste of copper making you realise that it’s bleeding a bit. It was real, then.

“I-” you attempt to draw your voice out after you remember how to stand on your own two feet, loosening your clutch on his arm. “I just assumed, because all this time… Ah! Remember that time last month when I went over for your band practice? I wore a dark red lip tint and all hoping to get a response out of you but you didn’t even make a move when the boys went out to get lunch…”

Sungjin shakes his head, cradling your reddened cheeks in his warm hands as a huff of a laugh passes through his lips. “I just wasn’t sure if you were really sending me a signal - I didn’t want to rush into it if you weren’t ready,” he explains, a soft smirk decorating his features as he continues, “and that day, I didn’t make a move not because I didn’t want to kiss you, baby.”

He leans down, giving you the softest kiss you’ve ever had the fortune of receiving. “I was just scared I wouldn’t know when to stop.”


A/N: omg I actually wrote this ages ago, I just forgot to post it on AFF icb. Hope yall liked this one <3 i'm a lil proud of it huhu