세븐틴: Unexpected Guests

Behind the Scenes: Standby

세븐틴: Unexpected Guests

 

          The other members were waiting home for Jun and Jeonghan to come back. As soon as they heard the doorbell rang, they got excited. Mingyu was the one who opened the door and got disappointed when he saw someone familiar but wasn’t expected.

 

Jackson:

Hi!

(He greeted him coolly.)

 

Mingyu:

Hi.

(He seemed bewildered.)

 

Jackson:

Jeong-HONEY!~

(He shouted in a high-pitched voice.)

 

JB:

(He stepped in right after Jackson.)

I apologize for his behaviour and for our unexpected visit.

 

Seungcheol:

Who’s there? Is it Jeonghan and Jun?

 

Jackson:

Hannie is not here?

 

Dino:

Oh boy.

(Thought that they could be in trouble again.)

 

Jackson:

We’re here to visit.

(He smiled while entering the door without the permission of anybody.)

 

JB:

(He sighed.)

I really apologize.

 

Seungcheol:

(He welcomed the both of them warmly.)

Come in.

 

Jackson:

Where’s my honey?

 

Joshua:

Honey?

 

Hoshi:

He’s referring to Hannie hyung.

 

JB:

I am terribly sorry to disturb you.

(Apologized to everybody.)

 

Seungcheol:

It’s okay. Good to see you! They just buy something outside but they’ll be back soon.

 

          The doorbell rang once again. Mingyu opened it and he was expecting that they were already Jeonghan and Jun, only to find out that it was Minhyuk of Monsta X.

 

Minhyuk:

Hey!

 

Mingyu:

Hi.

 

Minhyuk:

Sorry, I just want to see you guys. Just passing by.

 

Mingyu:

(He knew that Minhyuk really loves Jeonghan and it was not the first time he visited them alone.)

You on a vacation, hyung?

 

Minhyuk:

Nope, just passing by. Where’s Jeonghan?

 

Mingyu.

(He was talking at the back of his mind.)

This hyung, really! He said he wants to visit us but his only intention is Jeonghan hyung. Tsk!

 

Minhyuk:

Can I come in?

 

Mingyu:

Jackson and JB hyung are also here.

 

Minhyuk:

(He frowned thinking that he wouldn’t have a private time with Jeonghan.)

Tsk!

 

Joshua:

Is it Jun and Jeonghan?

 

Minhyuk:

(He greeted Joshua gently.)

Hi!

 

Joshua:

(He was surprised as there visitor kept on coming.)

Oh. Hi!

 

Seungcheol:

(He was bewildered of the unexpected guests; on the top of that, they were in their dorm for one reason and that reason was to see Jeonghan.)

What’s up?

(He acted awkwardly.)

 

Minhyuk, who was seriously waiting for Jeonghan, spacing out somewhere while strolling around Seventeen’s living room.

 

 

DK:

(Tried to brighten up their confused minds.)

Guys, how about a drink? Coffee or Tea?

 

Seungkwan:

(He got some drinks from their refrigerator.)

Here.

(Offered something for their guests.)

Just choose what you want to drink.

 

Jackson:

How nice of you. Thank you.

 

          The two missing members finally arrived and they noticed loud sound inside their house. Jeonghan asked Jun to put him down, that he could handle himself already. They rang the doorbell but then they were distracted by their guests. Dino opened the door.

 

Jun:

What’s happening?

 

Dino:

Jackson, JB, and Minhyuk hyung are here.

 

Jeonghan:

Why?

 

Dino:

(Sighed.)

They were looking for you.

 

Jeonghan:

Why?

(Totally confused wearing a pouty lips while thinking of a reason.)

 

Dino:

I don’t know.

 

          When the two came and Jeonghan was already visible in Jackson’s eyes, he ran fast to embrace him while saying Jeonghan’s nickname for him.

 

Jackson:

(He was shouting.)

Yeobooooooooooo~

 

          He thought that Jeonghan was the one in his arms but Jun shielded his body to save Jeonghan from Jackson. An automatic defence mechanism Jun has to protect his loved ones. In a while, Jackson felt it weird and he opened his eyes and saw a different person.

 

Jackson:

(He was surprised and pushed him away.)

Its’ not you what I desire for.

 

          Seventeen members liked what Jun did but they couldn’t prevent Minhyuk from stealing the angel. Minhyuk caught an angel in his arms and gently smiled at him while Jeonghan was mesmerized of what was happening around him.

 

Minhyuk:

How are you?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m fine, thank you. What brings you here?

 

Minhyuk:

I would like to check on you.

 

DK and Wonwoo was just beside them, staring.

 

DK:

Hyung, talk to Minhyuk hyung and I’ll get Jeonghan hyung from him.

(Seokmin carefully planned Jeonghan’s escape.)

 

Wonwoo:

Is it possible? Look at him.

He’s like a sloth on a branch.

 

          Minhyuk was embracing Jeonghan like he was owning him. He kept him and did not care about other people’s reaction. Jackson, on the other hand, was fighting Minhyuk by words; however, Minhyuk just ignored him.

 

Seungcheol:

Hannie! Where are you?

(He intentionally called him.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He shouted from afar.)

Why?

 

Seungcheol:

(Tried to act cutely and pitiful since he was desperate to call Jeonghan by his side.)

Do you have the medicine? I feel dizzy.

 

          Jeonghan excused himself from Minhyuk to go to Seungcheol.

 

Minhyuk:

Sure. Gotta go.

(He smiled blissfully.)

Good to see you. I’ll make time to see you again.

 

Jeonghan:

(He was confused but kept his posture.)

Okay, sure.

 

Minhyuk:

Here.

(Handing over some cute stuffs from their concert abroad.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Looked what was inside and found some interesting stuffs like cell phone case, socks, and other small items.)

Thank you. I’ll use all of this.

 

Minhyuk:

(Had a serious yet gentle face admiring Jeonghan’s beautiful face before leaving.)

I’m glad you liked it. I’ll go now.

 

          Jeonghan took him to the door while their three babies followed them. Minhyuk was saying his goodbye but then, they still a short conversation about something that the boys couldn’t hear from a far. Suddenly, Minhyuk held Jeonghan’s face close to him and touch his lips onto Jeonghan’s cheeks, just above his lips. Seungkwan, Vernon, and Dino were so surprised that they got stocked in their position. Jackson had a glance of what Minhyuk did. He was frustrated and rushed through the door to fight him but unfortunately, Minhyuk already left.

 

Jackson:

Jeonghan!

 

Jeonghan was flustered and couldn’t say a word.

 

Jackson:

Maybe you should avoid that man because I’m here.

(He was so furious.)

 

          Meanwhile DK and Hoshi find out that the three were still in the state of surprise. They asked them why but the three couldn’t speak as they assumed that Minhyuk kissed him to the lips.

 

Mingyu:

Oi! What’s the matter? Did you guys turn into a statue?

 

Hoshi:

Spill it!

(He was so frantic to know what happened.)

 

Jackson:

He stole something from him that belongs to me.

 

DK:

What was that?

 

JB:

(JB, who had seen everything because he was just near the window, prevented Jackson from creating a false statement to everyone; though, he was also surprised about that bold move.)

Nothing. He’s just over reacting. That’s all.

 

Jackson:

Minhyuk K-

 

JB:

(Shut Jackson’s mouth by covering it up.)

Excuse us, we are leaving. I apologize for our intrusion. Rest well.

 

Jackson:

What do you think you are doing?

 

JB:

Let’s go home. They need to rest.

(He dragged him out of the door.)

 

Jackson:

But they kissed!

(He was whispering but said it loudly.)

 

JB:

They didn’t. It’s just in his cheeks. C’mon! Stop being like this. Aren’t you embarrassed?

 

          Jackson ran to Jeonghan to kiss him. Unfortunately, JB smacked his hand on his friend’s lips. While Jeonghan was still gasping into the situation in their house. It was so chaotic and he couldn’t absorb everything. Mingyu and Hoshi rescued him from Jackson.

 

Jackson:

(He was dragged out of the house by JB.)

Yeobo! Jeong- honey! I’ll be back.

(Pleaded JB to release him and promised him to talk to Jeonghan in peace.)

Promise.

(He became serious all of a sudden.)

I just want to talk to him.

(He went to Joshua and gave him herbal tea leaves.)

This will make him better. Take good care of him. He’s working hard for all of you. He may seem so playful sometimes but he cares for you a lot. I envy you for having him in your group. By the way, it’s not just for him. It’s for all of you. Let’s stay healthy. Fighting~!

(He smiled but Joshua knew he was serious.)

 

Joshua:

I got it. Thanks, man!

 

Jackson:

(He suddenly became funny again.)

But why do you have such an adorable face? Don’t get me wrong but I like Jeonghan more. Don’t be offended.

(He ended it with a wink.)

 

Joshua:

I get it.

(He was smiling because he thought he was getting crazier after a while.)

 

Jackson:

(He became serious again and greeted everyone goodbye.)

Bye! I’ll see you again.

 

Hoshi:

Make sure you wanna see all of us, hyung.

(He .)

 

Jackson:

I’ll try my best.

(He cracked a joke to make them laugh.)

Honey? (nickname of Jeonghan)

Make sure you rest well. We’ll be leaving.

 

Jeonghan:

Bye. Take care.

 

Jackson:

(His face became serious and did not do anything weird this time.)

See you soonest.

(He got a peck on Jeonghan’s cheek while everybody was looking.)

 

          Jeonghan couldn’t prevent anything that happened and all he could do was to get surprised every time. The other members felt agitated towards Jackson’s action and some got envious because it was so natural for him to convey his feelings to others. Jackson and JB went out of their house peacefully.

 

Jackson:

(He went crazy again as he turned his back to their door and shouted something forming a heart shape by his fingers.)

SarangHannie!

(Then for his finishing moves, he gestured giving a flying kiss to them or should we say it was only meant for Jeonghan.)

 

          JB gave him a spunk on his head because of his recklessness.

 

Meanwhile, in the house of Seventeen members, Mingyu grab a clean towel and wet it then whipped Jeonghan’s face.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung, you shouldn’t let them do it to you.

 

Wonwoo:

You can’t prevent them from doing it.

(Thought that it was unavoidable because of Jeonghan’s face and character.)

 

Mingyu:

(He was puzzled about Wonwoo’s words but he must admit that he too wanted to do it to him sometimes.)

What?

 

Wonwoo:

Nothing. Make sure you remove the germs thoroughly.

 

Mingyu:

Leave it to me!

(So focused on cleaning Jeonghan’s skin.)

 

Jeonghan:

This day is unbelievable. Daebaak!

 

Vernon:

It sure is.

(He couldn’t get over with the assumed kiss on the lips that he just witnessed a while ago and continued his blank gaze in the air.)

 

Seungcheol:

(He was relieved that they were gone because he’s gotten worse.)

I’ll rest for a while. Guys, make sure you sleep early.

 

It was obvious in Seungcheol’s face that he did not get any better. His whole face was red and his eyes looked frail.

 

Joshua:

Yeah, I think I need it too.

(He became so stressed after the commotion.)

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu, let’s prepare our dinner. I’ll help you. Coups needs to drink his medicine and he cannot drink it without eating.

 

Mingyu:

Okay.

 

          DK, Jeonghan, and Mingyu were in charge of the kitchen, while, the others were cleaning their house. After they had eaten, they assigned three people to clean the table and wash the dishes.

 

Everything ran smoothly after their dinner. Jeonghan and Joshua went to Cheol to give him his dinner and medicine and stayed beside him until he gets better; although, Joshua immediately fell asleep as he too needed a good rest. After a long chaotic day, it was a perfect time to rest. Everybody needed to condition their bodies for the next day’s performance.

 

          S.Coups was the one who first rested in their room while Jeonghan lay next to him to sleep. Joshua woke up shortly because he was bothered by his responsibility as one of the eldest. Shua took charge of putting the other members to sleep finding out that they were still playing in the living room. Jun and The8, on the other hand, were fixing the laundry because they would deliver it to the laundry shop before they go to their show. Jun was checking if he had something in his pockets. He found out that his handkerchief was still inside his pocket and took it out. The 8 was surprised of what he saw.

 

The 8:

Hyung, is that blood?

 

Jun:

(He forgot to tell them about this because when they arrived home earlier, there were a bunch of distractions in their humble home and tried his best to prevent any weird stuffs to happen.)

Yeah! I forgot.

 

The 8:

Is that yours?

 

Jun:

No, it’s hannie hyung’s. Call them! I need to tell them because I think he’s very ill.

 

The8 exhibited his puppy eyes to show sympathy over their eldest maknae because he knew that he’s doing a lot; provided that, he was the second eldest and knew that he was responsible whenever S.Coups can’t watch over them.

 

The8:

Poor hyung. I wish I can be more useful to him.

 

Jun:

That’s enough. All we need to do now is to take good care of him and of all of us.

 

          On the other hand, S.Coups opened his eyes knowing Jeonghan would stay beside him to take care of him. He observed him closely. He could tell that he was in a deep sleep already by his breath. Seungcheol won’t bother to hide his feelings for any of their members because he wanted them to feel that they were all important to him. He caressed the angel beside him by brushing his soft and shiny hair.

 

S.Coups:

(He’s talking at the back of his mind.)

You’ve worked so hard because of me. Sorry.

You seem so tired…

(Pausing with a sigh.)

Don’t worry, I’ll take good care of you from now on.

(Then he started to mumble.)

How could you attract people to much? Tsk! Bad boy!

(Sighed)

I’ll protect you.

(He smiled.)

 

          S.Coups covered him with blanket stealthy preventing him to wake up. He stood up and planned to have a meeting again with the other members since he knew that they were still up. Fortunately, they were all gathered in their kitchen and currently starting to discuss something. He was surprised of what he saw; nevertheless, he just joined to their conversation.

 

S.Coups:

What’s the agenda over here?

 

Jun:

Hyung.

 

Joshua:

We’re discussing something. We did not wake you up because you are sick.

 

S.Coups:

Can you tell me what’s happening?

 

Jun:

Earlier, when we bought the medicine and the other goods…

(He couldn’t figure out where to start.)

Okay!

(Gathered his thoughts.)

Earlier when we went outside to buy stuffs, he was just fine right? But he’s not the same Jeonghan hyung I knew. He sure can be serious sometimes but he doesn’t put up a weak face especially in front of us. I’ve been observing him since then. He asked me if we could drop by to a Chinese pharmacy to buy an ointment for dizziness. I went in but he insisted that he’d stay outside so I let him because I thought that it would just take me a minute to buy. While waiting, I checked on him because I know something wasn’t right, he looked so distressed. I went out as soon as I got the medicine. He was so pale when I saw him. He even asked me that he wanted to use the bathroom. He vomited and then his nose bled. I was completely out of my mind. Good thing the elders helped me and tried to somehow cure Jeonghan hyung’s unpleasant feeling.

 

S.Coups:

(He was terribly worried about what he said.)

What else happened? Why did you not call us?

 

Jun:

Hyung, I was thinking of rushing him to the hospital. That was the only thing that came into my mind.

 

S.Coups:

Why did you not rush him?

 

Jun:

He said he’s better when the elders pressed something into his palm and feet.

 

S.Coups:

(He was biting his lips when he heard that.)

It was my fault.

 

Jisoo:

Don’t say that. Don’t blame yourself. Let’s just think of something that would help us all.

 

          Mingyu and Hoshi were notable by their anxiousness. They both wanted to say what they know but something were holding them back. That was, if they tell them, Jeonghan hyung would probably get mad at them. Nevertheless, Mingyu was the first one who initiated the talk.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung, just don’t let him know that we all know.

(He nudged his elbow on Hoshi’s hip to ask for help.)

 

Hoshi:

Hyung, there was a time in the dorm while we were practicing with Monsta X and Got 7 sunbaenim…

(He paused for a while.)

 

Wonwoo:

Mingyu-ah, did you know?

 

Woozi:

What is it?

 

Hoshi:

Wonwoo-yah, you tell them. I’m not good at this.

 

Wonwoo:

He…

(Looking for his words.)

 After he almost lost consciousness, he rested for a while like something was very painful in his head then I discovered that he wasn’t able to see me that time.

 

Woozi:

See? As in blind for a moment!

 

          Wonwoo nodded his head as a reply.

 

Joshua:

How long did it lasts?

(Very concerned expression.)

 

          S.Coups and the others were so astounded that they couldn’t say a thing.

 

Wonwoo:

30 minutes, I think.

 

Mingyu:

Mine was almost an hour; though, I am not sure of that because he fell asleep.

 

Seungkwan:

Really!

(He accidentally shouted and was about to cry.)

 

Dino:

Hyung, shhh! He might wake up.

 

          They did not know what to do or react of what they just heard. They all felt sadness in the bottom of their hearts.

 

The 8:

He always say that he’s fine but…

(He pouted his lips as he blamed himself of not noticing how Jeonghan felt.)

 

DK:

There was also a time that he couldn’t breathe properly. Right The 8 and Jun hyung?

(He was confirming it.)

 

          Jun and The 8 confirmed it while Woozi was remembering something he was curious about the last time he was alone with Jeonghan.

 

Woozi:

I think he was distracted sometimes. He was occasionally spacing out somewhere like he was not hearing anything.

 

Joshua:

Right! I remember that we were about to cross the street last time. He continued walking; even though, the traffic light turned green already. I was really surprised when he did that.

 

          S.Coups felt bad because the other members noticed it but him. He was supposed to take good care of them but it seemed that Jeonghan was doing it alone. He did not notice everything because he had a lot of meetings and coordination to do. He thought he was doing his job well but it wasn’t enough.

 

Joshua:

Hey, listen. It’s not your fault.

(Noticing Cheol feeling bad as he kept quiet.)

 

S.Coups:

I never thought i…

 

Seungkwan:

(He couldn’t prevent his tears from falling down.)

I really feel sorry for him. I will do my best to manage my behaviour.

 

Dino:

Me too.

 

DK:

Yah! Don’t cry. We should be strong at a time like this.

(But he too couldn’t stop his tears from coming out.)

 

S.Coups:

(He tried his best to conceal his sorrow and tried to keep his tears from falling.)

Let’s love and take care of each other!

I’ll talk to him tomorrow but before that we have to rest now so nobody gets sick. Okay?

 

          Seungcheol was the only one who stayed awake and cried his heart out behind a concealed room. Blaming himself for his short comings. He planned to have a good talk tomorrow so Jeonghan won’t be worried. He gathered himself up and tried to have a good sleep so that he could feel better and get stronger to protect his beloved family.