세븐틴: The Mystery of the Phantom Thief

Behind the Scenes: Standby

세븐틴: Date with an Angel part 3: The Mystery of the Phantom Thief

 

Seungkwan was singing on the top of his voice early in the morning to wake everybody up. He sang freely and carelessly, dancing in every available space inside their room. He was so active that morning; as a result, he made everyone annoyed by it. Unfortunately, his hyungs hit the back of his head whenever they pass beside him, but the young, jolly boy would not let anyone ruin his beautiful day.

 

Finally, it was his turn to show Jeonghan his everlasting love. It came to his mind that the other boys probably did something romantic or serious while spending time alone with their gorgeous hyung, so the Seventeen’s ‘jester’ wanted to do something different. His goal was to make him laugh and chill.

 

          Once he entered the room, he spotted the sleeping beauty on his deepest dreams. Jeonghan was the only one who did not wake up through Seungkwan’s siren-like alarm. As soon as he got close to his bed, he jumped into Jeonghan’s side and leaned his body against his hyung to give him a warm embrace. He sang pleasantly compared to what he did before, while waiting for his pretty hyung to open his endearing eyes. At first, his hyung wasn’t reacting at all and he felt terrified by it; nevertheless, he managed to calm himself and continue singing beautifully, like serenading a princess in a deep sleep.  

 

          There are times that Jeonghan won’t able to wake up faster than before because it’s a part of his recovery stage; however, the members never seemed to get used to that situation because they all developed a fear, thinking of one time, Jeonghan would sleep forever.

 

          Seungkwan patiently waited for Jeonghan to wake up and cuddled him, placing his head on Jeonghan’s chest to feel his heartbeat to assure that he’s just fine.

 

Jeonghan:

(Greeted him good morning as soon as he found out that Seungkwan was lying on his chest.)

Good morning Seungkwanie~

 

Seungkwan:

Good morning, pretty boy!

Aigoo~ hyung, I miss your long hair.

 

Jeonghan:

Really? But it’s hard to handle.

(Pouted his lips but chuckled afterwards.)

Let me wash my face first.

 

          He stood up but stumbled on the floor as he lost his balance. The young man beside him quickly aided him.

 

Seungkwan:

Be careful, hyung.

(Displayed a worried face.)

 

Jeonghan:

Omo~ I got a little dizzy.

(Closed his eyes and remained seated for a while.)

 

Seungkwan:

Will I call them?

 

Jeonghan:

Just sing for me.

(He smiled while his eyes were closed.)

 

Seungkwan:

Can you see me?

 

Jeonghan:

(He opened his eyes.)

You’re blurred.

 

Seungkwan:

(He got a shaky voice, but fought himself not to break in front of Jeonghan.)

What should I do?

 

Jeonghan:

Help me get up.

(He calmly asked for Seungkwan’s help.)

 

          Seungkwan helped him stand up and unexpectedly received an embrace from Jeonghan. The young boy sniffed the pleasant blossoming scent of Jeonghan’s hair and fell for it.

 

Jeonghan:

(Measuring Seungkwan’s petit body by his arms.)

You’re getting ier these days. I miss the chubby Seungkwanie~

( with a compliment.)

I’m okay now.

(Acting cute in front of Seungkwan.)

 

          Seungkwan displayed an annoyed face like what he did before if he wasn’t amused by the aegyo thing.

 

It turned out that everything was okay and seemed pretty normal as Seungkwan made Jeonghan’s morning full of laughter once again. The Jeju-boy prepared a refreshing hand-squeezed orange juice with love for his beloved hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

(enjoyed drinking the juice served to him.)

 

Seungkwan:

Enjoy!

 

          He pulled his angel to a couch in their living room to have a little chat while waiting for their breakfast prepared by Chef Mingyu.

 

Seungkwan:

Hyung, tell me what the others did when you were alone?

 

Jeonghan:

It’s kinda serious. hmmm… how do I say this?

(Thinking of proper words to describe it.)

 

Seungkwan:

(Smirked and gave him an irritating grin.)

Romantic!

Right? Right!

(His expression was so sure.)

 

Jeonghan:

I guess so.

You might be right.

(Agreed since he couldn’t find any word to describe it properly, then, smiled back at his dear Seungkwan.)

 

Seungkwan:

I knew it!

Ei~ those kids couldn’t think of anything unique!

(Waving his head from side to side.)

Kids these days. Tsk! Tsk!

Hyung?

(Taught of intriguing his pretty hyung.)

You know?

 

Jeonghan:

No, not yet. What is it?

 

Seungkwan:

I’ll tell you something intriguing.

 

Jeonghan:

Reveal it. I’m thrilled!

 

Seungkwan:

Listen carefully…

(Leaned closer to Jeonghan and gave him a weird squint to emphasize that what he’s going to reveal was really unimaginable.)

Did you know that…

… everybody’s in love with you?

 

Jeonghan:

(Smirked.)

I know, my Seungkwanie~

(Pinched the cheeks of their variety master.)

 

          Seungkwan was completely shocked on what he just did. He was annoyed by his action because it reminded him of his chubbiness; nevertheless, he was more surprised when Jeonghan admitted that he knew they were madly in love with him.

 

Seungkwan:

Woah, Deabak!~ You never fail to surprise me, hyung. You’re full of confidence!

(Sighed.)

How the hell did you notice?

 

Jeonghan:

It’s obvious, baby boy.

(Chuckled.)

What should I do with you, guys? You need to search for your wives. Tsk! Tsk!

I cannot accommodate all of you.

(He teased Seungkwan with full of self-esteem while showing his fake worried face.)

 

Seungkwan:

(In shocked.)

Wow!

Wow~

(Clapped his hands to praise Jeonghan’s sarcasm skills partnered with a cold, blank daze.)

 

Jeonghan:

How about you Seungkwanie? Are you in love with me?

(Tried to seduce him and observed if it would work on him.)

 

Seungkwan:

(Sighed.)

Hyung, when I told you, everybody. It means I am one of them.

Ah~ really, hyung! Tsk! Tsk!

(Found a great yet innocent fire back)

 

          Jeonghan was a bit stunned with that revelation and changed the topic because he had nothing to fire back against him.

 

Jeonghan:

So Seungkwan ah, what qualities do you like about me?

Well, except my face. That’s obvious!

(He boasted it to him and laughed.)

 

Seungkwan:

You really want a fight?

(Challenging him because he was over reacting about his beauty again.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Giggled at any word he says.)

C’mon, Seungkwanie~

 

Seungkwan:

I like it when you smile at me.

 

Jeonghan:

Really?

 

Seungkwan:

(Knew that Jeonghan had something to say again to praise himself.)

Hyung! Let me do the complement for you, please!

Please!

(Pleading with his two hands to save Jeonghan from embarrassment because he always praise himself in front of other people.)

 

          Jeonghan laughed so hard and pinched Seungkwan’s irresistible fluffly cheeks; though, he lose weight already.

 

They enjoyed the company of each other, and their conversation was not that awkward or weird at all. He felt very light and relaxed compared to his other dates; still, he really appreciate their efforts of making him happy. In fact, what he liked the most in their dates was the moment they spent their time alone and had the opportunity to know them better. He spent almost half day on each, enough to discover something new on them too.

 

Seungkwan:

(Became serious all of a sudden.)

I don’t want to be serious or what but..

Hyung, I just want you to know that I love you so much and I’m always here for you.

That’s all.

(He ended abruptly.)

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you. I love you too.

 

Seungkwan:

Don’t tell me you tell it to everyone?

 

Jeonghan:

Of course!

 

          They laughed.

 

Seungkwan:

As expected of you, hyung! You know how to melt ones heart badly. I bet their hearts are bleeding right now.

 

Jeonghan:

You’re right!

(Agreed with his baby boy completely.)

 

Seungkwan:

Oh my Gash! I’m dying.

(They laughed all the time.)

 

Jeonghan:

But don’t tell anyone that you are my ideal date!

(He revealed.)

You keep me smiling all the time. I think, you’re perfect!

(Winked at him.)

 

Seungkwan:

(He melted by those words.)

I bet you also told them that.

 

Jeonghan:

Nope. It was only for my marshmallow.

 

Seungkwan:

Ah hyung! Why am I the only one who has a food nickname?

(Complaint about it.)

 

Jeonghan:

Because you’re someone who’s special.

 

Seungkwan:

And how is that so?

 

Jeonghan:

You’re my comfort…

(Thinking of a word next to it.)

 

Seungkwan:

(He chuckled so hard.)

What? Food?

(He was the one who continued it for Jeonghan because he was thinking so hard on what to say next.)

Am I a food now?

(Sighed in disbelief.)

 

          They giggled together that they could hardly talk.

 

Jeonghan:

(He was catching his breath.)

I-I guess so.

 

Seungkwan:

This hyung, really!

Ei~ Stress!

(Placed his hands at the back of his neck, gesturing someone being attacked by hypertension.)

 

Jeonghan:

I’m sorry but I love you so much, Seungkwan.

I envy you.

(Honest with him.)

I adore you so much and it made Soon Young jealous.

(Inserted Hoshi out of the blue.)

 

Seungkwan:

Alright then!

Let me summarize all of it.

(Gulped as he prepared his voice to speak for his conclusion about the marshmallow issue.)

I am a marshmallow who can talk, sing, dance, and can make everyone jealous.

 

Jeonghan:

You’re absolutely right!

(He exclaimed.)

 

 

Later on, after the laughter, Jeonghan looked at him passionately and displayed his affectionate smile. He held Seungkwan’s hands tenderly and talked to him seriously for a moment.

 

Jeonghan:

I know it’s also hard for you to maintain a jolly personality just to make us happy; even if, you are also in pain.

You know, it gives me courage and strength every time you cheer us.

I hope you will not change.

You’re an amazing person and I admire you because of that…

And you know that you are my only Seungkwanie~

(Pulled his dongsaeng’s hand close to his lips and kissed it out of admiration.)

 

Seungkwan:

What are you doing?

(Startled with the respect he got from Jeonghan’s kiss.)

Don’t do that!

(He became shy.)

I’ll grow with everyone (Seventeen), hyung.

(Whispered in a low voice.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Lighten up the mood again.)

You’re the most cheerful and courageous marshmallow I’ve ever met.

 

Seungkwan:

Did you met a talking marshmallow like me before, hyung?

(He ironically asked.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Laughed)

No. You’re the one and only and I am sure that if there’s any…

You’re the prettiest!

 

          Seungkwan displayed an annoyed face; nevertheless, it was all for fun and they enjoyed it.

 

It was almost time for the scheduled follow-up check-up of Jeonghan. He was preparing when he saw Jun passing by and called him.

 

Jeonghan:

Jun!

 

Jun:

Yes, hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

Are you available today?

 

Jun:

Yup. Got no schedule at all.

 

Jeonghan:

Can you accompany me to the hospital?

 

Jun:

Sure! I’ve been waiting for my turn since morning.

(He smiled handsomely.)

 

Jeonghan:

Aigoo~ Our Jun is outstandingly handsome today!

 

Jun:

I know.

(He laughed because he was embarrassed of himself.)

Maybe because no one is here but me.

(Humbled himself and shyly smiled at Jeonghan.)

 

Jeonghan:

No. You’re handsome and everybody knows that!

Cheer up, our Junhui! You have your own charms.

(Got his pouch.)

Let’s go!

 

          They went to the hospital to have Jeonghan’s check-up done. Jun invited him for a late lunch since Jeonghan’s check-up took long. He planned to eat at the nearest Chinese restaurant so that Jeonghan could enjoy sipping a hot soup. On the way out of the hospital, they saw Seolhyun from AOA. Jeonghan knew that she was the one who got injured from what had happen last time. He excused himself from Jun to talk to Seolhyun.

 

Jeonghan:

Seolhyun-ssi.

(Approached her gently.)

 

Seolhyun:

(She was surprised.)

Ah, hi!

(Shyly greeted Jeonghan.)

 

Jeonghan:

Hi.

(Gave her a big bright smile)

I just want to apologize from what happened last time.

Are you okay now?

 

          Jun, somehow, saw how manly Jeonghan is. He thought that it was not the right moment to have Jeonghan’s time and attention. He observed from Jeonghan’s side and stayed quiet while they were having a conversation.

 

Seolhyun:

Yeah, I’m really good now. How about you? I heard you were bad back then.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m okay now. Thank you.

 

Seolhyun:

Good to hear that.

(Showed him a really adorable smile.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Caught by her cute smile.)

I would like to give you something but…

(Gave up thinking and asked her instead.)

Do you want something?

 

Seolhyun:

No, I’m fine.

 

Jeonghan:

But…  I caused you a lot of trouble.

 

Seolhyun:

Not at all. It was just a small one. No need to worry.

 

Jeonghan:

Then, can I buy you something to eat?

 

Seolhyun:

(She smiled sweetly.)

No need to do that.

 

Jeonghan:

I insist. Please.

 

Seolhyun:

Okay. It’s up to you. If that’s what makes you feel better.

 

Jeonghan:

Are you here for a check-up?

 

          They walked to a café inside the hospital while talking.

 

Seolhyun:

Nope. I planned to visit someone.

My friend.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh really?

 

          Jun remained silent and just followed them around. He did not want to interfere with their conversation. He was seated properly on a couch while looking around and patiently waiting for his time.

 

Seolhyun:

How about you?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m here for a follow-up check-up.

 

Seolhyun:

Oh~ I see. Get well soon.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

(Upon reaching the counter…)

What do you want?

 

Seolhyun:

mmm… maybe an iced Americano.

 

Jeonghan:

How about something to eat?

 

Seolhyun:

You worry too much.

I’m fine with any.

(Displayed a charming smile.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Smiled brightly.)

Yeah, maybe.

(He did not forget his Junhui who’s waiting for him.)

Jun ah, what do you want?

 

Jun:

Nothing. I’m alright.

 

Jeonghan:

Sorry Jun.

(Guilty that their date was delayed.)

 

Jun:

Don’t worry, I’m alright.

(He smiled faintly.)

 

Jeonghan:

Just give me a second.

 

Jun:

I understand.

 

Jeonghan:

(Suddenly whispered at Jun.)

She’s so pretty.

 

          Jun was totally speechless when he heard him say that. He couldn’t believe that he could say those words in front of any of them because his attention was always on them.

 

Jeonghan:

Jun!

(Waking him up from a nightmare.)

Everything alright?

 

Jun:

Uh-

Yeah.

 

Jeonghan:

What do you think?

 

Jun:

What?

 

Jeonghan:

She’s pretty, right?

(Whispering into Jun’s ears.)

 

Jun:

Sure, She is.

(Looked at him steadily.)

But you’re prettier.

(He smiled after he whispered on Jeonghan’s delicate ears.)

 

Jeonghan:

You’re being sneaky, my Junhui~

(Smirked.)

 

          When the drinks were served, there were three of them. Jeonghan knew what Jun liked and ordered it by himself. He distributed it amongst them and sat on the corner of the café.

 

Jeonghan:

Here. For the beautiful Seolhyun-ssi (Iced Americano) and for our cute Junhui (Mocha Frappe) & for me (Fresh squeezed juice).

(He smiled charmingly while distributing their drinks and cakes.)

 

Seolhyun:

Thank you. You’re beautiful as well.

(She returned back the compliment.)

 

Jeonghan:

No, I’m not.

(Strongly denied it.)

Enjoy your food.

 

          Jun agreed with Seolhyun at the back of his mind and stayed quiet again, focusing on his hyung’s gentle face. They stayed at the café for a couple of minutes to have a short talk. Seolhyun enjoyed their company but she needed to excuse herself from them because of her schedule.

 

Seolhyun:

Thank you for the treat, Jeonghan-ssi.

 

Jeonghan:

It’s fine. By the way, you can call me Jeonghan.

 

Seolhyun:

Same here.

Bye~

(Waved her beautiful hands to say goodbye.)

 

          They exchanged their gorgeous smile, while Jun felt a little jealous because they look so good together. They stood up to say goodbye but then he fell back on his chair. Jun took an immediate action and assisted him by holding his arms.

 

Seolhyun:

Are you alright?

(Her eyes broadened as she became worried about him.)

 

Jeonghan:

Oh yeah.

(Smiled beautifully.)

Nothing to worry.

 

Jun:

You sure?

 

Jeonghan:

Absolutely.

 

          Seolhyun couldn’t go unless she sees Jeonghan okay again. Jeonghan, on the other hand, assured her that he’s just fine and besides, Jun was there to assist him anyway. Finally, they separated ways.

 

Jeonghan:

Jun ah, sorry.

 

Jun:

Want me to carry you on my back? I can walk until we reach the restaurant.

(He offered his help to Jeonghan.)

 

Jeonghan:

I’d love too. But I think I’m quite heavy, don’t you think?

 

Jun:

I don’t think so.

(Jun lowered his knees to carry Jeonghan on his back.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Seized the opportunity to ride Jun’s back.)

Is the restaurant near here?

(Worried because Jun might get tired.)

 

Jun:

Yup.

(Smiled back at him.)

 

Jeonghan:

Maybe we’ll caught people’s attention with this? (Piggy back)

 

Jun:

Are you shy?

I’m not.

(He boldly replied.)

 

Jeonghan:

If it’s fine with you, then, it’s fine with me also.

Let’s go!

 

          Jun carried him all the way to the restaurant without minding people looking at them. He brought him to a good Chinese restaurant and reached the location without any trouble. They went in to order and eat.

 

Jun:

Hyung, can I wish one more thing?

 

Jeonghan:

What is it?

 

Jun:

Can you extend your time with me?

 

Jeonghan:

(Smiled and finds him cute.)

There’s no time limit for us, Jun.

Why are you so exceptionally cute today?

(He .)

 

Jun:

Because I’m with you.

(He answered Jeonghan’s question straight right to the point while preparing their chopsticks.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Thought of never ending surprises that his team members would offer him.)

Okay then… Let’s start eating.

(He became shy.)

         

          The food were served. The steam brought them the aroma of a delicious newly cooked homemade dumplings and hand pulled noodles on their table. It was a mouth-watering sight and couldn’t help themselves but to dig in, since their hungry stomachs couldn’t wait any longer. They managed to eat everything that was served on their table without any left overs. After sipping all the soup in the bowl, Jun noticed that there was a tiny thing on Jeonghan’s cheek and wiped it immediately.

 

Jun:

Hyung, don’t get messy.

(He smiled.)

 

Jeonghan:

Alright.

Please take good care of me.

 

Jun:

Count on me.

 

          After eating, Jun offered his back again to walk to their next location. Jeonghan was worried because he gained weight from eating; nevertheless, Jun stayed strong and proceeded to their next destination.

 

          While walking…

 

Jeonghan:

(Whispered to Jun’s ears.)

Jun ah, I’ll go straight to the point.

 

Jun:

Go on.

 

Jeonghan:

I just found out about this when I was hospitalized.

 

Jun:

What’s that?

 

Jeonghan:

I’ve been robbed during my sleep a few times now.

 

Jun:

(Clueless of what he was talking about.)

What’s the thing that they stole? Let’s catch that person!

(He was burning with passion.)

 

Jeonghan:

I already caught him. Right here, right now!

(Choking Jun mildly to prevent from hurting him.)

 

Jun:

What did I do?

 

Jeonghan:

It took me a while to catch the criminal.

 

Jun:

What did I steal?

 

Jeonghan:

I was wondering if who was the one kissing my cheeks in the middle of the night.

(Squinted his eyes while looking at Jun from his back.)

 

Jun:

What happened?

(Acted that he wanted to hear his story.)

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t play dumb.

(Played choking him again.)

I just realized it after our concert, then, I started deducting who would probably be the culprit.

(Proceeded to his conclusion.)

I discovered it while you and Wonwoo were on duty.

My mind was awake that time but my eyes won’t open.

I knew that Wonwoo left to buy food because I heard everything; moreover, the only voice I could here was you.

Therefore, Since there were only the two of you that time, plus, Wonwoo went out. I derived to an obvious conclusion.

(He explained it in details.)

 

Jun:

You caught the right guy.

(He laughed with guilt.)

 

Jeonghan:

Your explanation please?

 

Jun:

I just love you so much, hyung.

(Looked at him sincerely like they were in a Korean drama.)

Besides, who would not like to kiss your soft and milky skin? It was your fault for getting near me every time. I can’t help it.

(Coolly admitted it.)

 

Jeonghan:

Tsk tsk tsk!

Am I hearing it correctly?

Since when did you start?

 

Jun:

Yeah? Sorry.

(Became shy that he was caught.)

Ummm… Just before our Caratland concert. When I carried you to the bedroom. I felt that I was looking to a princess in her sleep. I tried to stop but I cannot.

(Smirked shamelessly.)

 

Jeonghan:

Oho!

(He was surprised and tried to compose himself again by clearing his throat.)

You thief!

(Accused him with a grin.)

 

Jun:

Next time…

(Paused for a while.)

I’ll get a permission from you.

(He joked at him.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Never ceased to be surprised by the mysterious Jun but good thing he was witty to make it just a normal thing.)

Really?

How will you pay me for those petty crime?

 

Jun:

Will I get discharged?

 

Jeonghan:

Well, yeah?

 

Jun:

Okay! I’ll do whatever you want me to do.

 

Jeonghan:

Alright!

Put me down now.

 

          Jun put him down as he was told.

 

Jun:

Please add the next one to my crime.

 

Jeonghan:

The what?

 

Jun:

I want to hold your hand.

 

Jeonghan:

What for?

 

Jun:

I never hold your hand before.

 

Jeonghan:

You did!

(Remembering those moments.)

 

Jun:

I never hold your hand so tight before.

 

Jeonghan:

This kid, really!

Jun ah?

Whose thief are you?

 

Jun:

Jeonghan hyung’s ‘phantom’ Thief.

Correction!

 

Jeonghan:

Oh right!

(He totally agreed.)

 

          They laughed and eliminate the awkwardness between them. Jeonghan understands the Jun was slightly a mysterious yet loving guy. He let it be, since no one would get hurt anyway. Besides, Jeonghan accepted the fact that they all have different personalities. As long as they were good, there’s nothing to worry about.

 

After a few walk, they finally arrived to a place where no one goes during night. It is a playground.

 

Jeonghan:

What are we doing here?

 

Jun:

Nothing. I’d like to ride a swing.

 

Jeonghan:

Are you deprived with swings?

(He again.)

 

Jun:

Not really. Sometimes, I get to enjoy these kind of things before but since we are too busy, I hardly go to parks like this.

 

Jeonghan:

You have a point.

Jun-ah, go and get me an ice cream.

 

Jun:

Yes, sir!

 

          Jun rushed to a convenient store and return immediately. They spent the time together without any disturbance from people because it was already night and they can spend their time freely outside.

 

Jeonghan:

Jun ah?

 

Jun:

Hmmm…

 

Jeonghan:

Saranghae~

 

Jun:

Saranghae, hyung.

(Responded while he was the ice cream, ily.)

 

          When they got home, they washed their body and get ready to sleep for the next day. They switched off the lights and closed their eyes to sleep.