세븐틴: Angel’s Misery

Behind the Scenes: Standby

세븐틴: Angel’s Misery

 

Jeonghan’s team headed back to their home sweet home riding a private van. Due to their exhaustion, they all slept while on the road and just opened their eyes when they finally arrived home. As they arrived in their beloved dorm, Seungkwan, The 8 and DK were so excited because they missed them so much. They came rushing through the door just to welcome them back. Woozi on the other hand, was inside his room focused in composing songs. While, the variety team with S.Coups wasn’t home yet.

 

          Jeonghan went straight to Jihoon’s room to check him because Seungkwan and DK reported that he’s been there for a while and never left it since early in the afternoon.

 

Jeonghan:

Jihoon ah~

(Called him mildly.)

Go and take some rest. I bought snacks. It’s in the kitchen.

 

Jihoon:

Hyung, nice to see you back!

(Smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

Me too.

Eat your snack and rest. I bought your favourite.

(winked)

 

Jihoon:

As expected of you, hyung!

(He became happy and got up from his seat at last.)

You sure know how to make me stand in my chair.

 

          Jeonghan smiled and wink at him.

 

Jihoon:

What about you?

 

Jeonghan:

I want to sleep so tell them not to disturb me.

 

Jihoon:

Got it!

 

          Jihoon went to the kitchen to eat his favourite snack with the other boys while Hoshi and Jeonghan took their nap in their room. Jeonghan warned them not to wake him up.

 

Seungkwan:

Sure. Rest well, hyung.

 

DK:

We’ll just wake you up when the dinner is ready.

 

Jeonghan:

No need.

(He looked so tired.)

 

Mingyu:

(Who just came right after them.)

Hyung, I’ll just separate yours then, in case you’re hungry.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh!

You’re here! Did you just arrive?

(He was surprised that Mingyu was already there, eating with them.)

Thank you.

(His smile was so frail.)

 

Mingyu:

Yuhp.

(He grinned with his pointy canine teeth.)

 

Jeonghan:

How was your day?

 

Mingyu:

Fine. Not so tiring at all.

 

The8:

Really?

 

Jeonghan:

(He did not forget about The8)

How about you The 8?

 

The 8:

I had fun!

(Smiled cutely.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Admired him with those charming smile he gave.)

Good to hear that. I’ll rest for a while.

 

The8, Mingyu, Woozi, Dk, & Seungkwan:

Okay, hyung. Rest well.

 

          Jeonghan went straight to their bedroom with Hoshi and fell asleep as soon as he lay his body on the mattress. Dino took a nap on the couch while Wonwoo fell asleep while reading a novel on his phone.

 

Seungkwan:

(Noticed that the concert team had fallen asleep.)

They must have been really exhausted.

 

          Sebongies just had their dinner except Jeonghan. They did not disturb him like what he told them but after a while, he got up because his stomach was bothering him from its sound. He walked through the hallway that leads to the kitchen and saw Mingyu along the way, sitting on a sofa with headphones on his ears. He was so focused on what he’s doing.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu-ah,

 

He was so sleepy and his head felt so heavy. He held Mingyu’s hand and brought him to the kitchen.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung, why are we here?

 

Jeonghan:

Can you cook ramyeon for me?

 

Mingyu:

(He knew that Jeonghan was so sleepy and he was lazy to cook.)

You’re hungry? I left you something to eat.

 

Jeonghan:

But I want ramyeon too.

 

Mingyu:

Okay, I get it.

(He put down his gadget and prepared ramyeon as Jeonghan requested.)

 

          Jeonghan heard a sharp sound in his ears that was like piercing his brain. He closed his eyes and felt light-headed. On the other hand, Mingyu was waiting for the water to boil. Suddenly, he grabbed Mingyu’s body and buried his head on his chest.

 

Mingyu:

(It was so sudden that Mingyu had the feeling that he got dizzy.)

Hyung, are you okay?

(He was holding an instant noodle trying to open it while Jeonghan stayed on his chest.)

 

Jeonghan:

My head felt so light for a second but it’s getting heavy. Let me stay here for a second.

(They stayed in that position for a while, and Mingyu somehow managed to cook the noodle without delay.)

 

Mingyu:

Maybe you’re very hungry.

(He finished cooking with Jeonghan clinging on him.)

Here you go.

(Carried a hot pot of ramyeon to put it on a table but Jeonghan was not moving as if he was feeling so bad.)

Hyung, are you really okay?

(Since he was holding the pot he used his soft cheek to feel Jeonghan’s temperature. He found out that he was so cold.)

Hyung! Why are you so cold?

(It was an unusual thing to happen.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He lifted his head and unfortunately, he couldn’t see again. His face was blank and serious.)

Again?

(He sighed. His blindness became so frequent. Some was just for a matter of seconds but some were taking too long.)

 

Mingyu:

(He gently moved Jeonghan with his hands full because of the pot.)

What did you say?

Hyung, your food is ready. You must eat now so you can rest early.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

(He paused for a moment.)

Mingyu-ah, can you help me for a moment?

(Then, he revealed his situation calmly.)

It shouldn’t be like this.

(Mumbled)

Don’t tell anyone, okay?

 

Mingyu

What’s that, hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

I can’t see as of the moment but don’t worry it will just last for a second.

(Immediately backed up his statement.)

 

Mingyu:

(His eyes were opened wide because he was so surprised and he was not sure if Jeonghan was just pranking him about it.)

Seriously?

(He tested it by waving his hand in front of Jeonghan.)

You should see a doctor!

(Getting his voice louder.)

 

Jeonghan:

I know. Next time, I promise. Please don’t tell anyone.

(He was honestly so troubled about the situation he was in.)

 

          Mingyu assisted him to sit and when Jeonghan reached for the table to get the chopsticks, he nearly touched the hot pot. Good thing, Mingyu immediately grabbed his hand and avoided him from burning his hands.

 

Mingyu:

(His face was calm but he’s worried inside.)

Hyung, are you sure it will not last long?

(He ensured himself that he would be better after a while.)

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. I’m used to it.

(He smiled.)

 

Mingyu:

Since when do you have this?

 

Jeonghan:

When I was young… But it just came again all of a sudden.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung, don’t move yet. I’ll pre-heat the other dish. Let me feed you. Wait~

(He hurriedly prepared the food that he reserved for Jeonghan as soon as possible.)

Hyung,

(He sat beside him after he pre-heated the food.)

 

Jeonghan:

Sorry, Mingyu.

 

Mingyu:

It’s okay. I know you are tired. You haven’t had any good rest until now. Please take a good rest, hyung.

(He started feeding him carefully.)

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you. Saranghae, Mingyu ah~

(Showing his affection to him.)

 

Mingyu:

Hyung, Saranghae~

(He replied with a bright smile but worried heart.)

 

Jeonghan:

Where are the others?

 

Mingyu:

They are watching a movie.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m really sorry.

 

Mingyu:

Ei, hyung! Don’t worry. I’m not interested in the film anyway.

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled.)

Mingyu, how can we live without you?

 

Mingyu:

Yeah, I know. I know.

(Bragging himself with a worried expression. It was just his voice acting skill that made it sound real.)

 

They were alone at the kitchen and Jeonghan already finished his meal. Mingyu was preparing to wrap everything up and started to clean Jeonghan’s face. Suddenly, he paused for a moment to stare at Jeonghan’s angelic face. He fell for the spell of his beauty for a second when he realized he was so close to his hyung’s face that only an inch from the tip of their noses separated them. Mingyu grasped on to a chair as he realized that he was about to touch his lips. He became so nervous after his action and, at the same time, relieved that he avoided such things from happening. He checked Jeonghan if he could see a thing; however, Jeonghan stayed quiet because he’s focusing on how to return his vision back.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung? If this will last long, I don’t have any choice but to rush you to the hospital.

 

Jeonghan:

No need, I think my vision is returning.

 

Mingyu:

(He gulped because he wasn’t sure if he saw what he did.)

Really?

 

Jeonghan:

I’ll stay here for a while. Thank you, Mingyu. You can leave me here.

 

Mingyu:

I’ll just stay here.

 

          While scanning his phone, Jeonghan stayed quiet. Seungkwan passed by the kitchen and saw the two of them, Jeonghan was a bit surprised when their talkative maknae asked them. As expected oh Jeonghan, he made sure that he won’t notice.

 

Seungkwan:

What are you guys doing here?

 

Jeonghan:

I asked him to cook ramyeon for me. I got hungry so I got up in the middle of the night.

(Explained the situation to him while he was blinking his eyes.)

 

Seungkwan:

Okay. We will be watching transformers next. You want to join?

 

Mingyu:

Nope.

 

Seungkwan:

Really?

(He was surprised because he refused that film.)

 

Jeonghan:

I’ll pass. I’ll go back to sleep in a while. I’m very sleepy.

 

Seungkwan:

Okay. Sleep well, hyung.

 

          Jeonghan was still adjusting his vision. Little by little, he’s beginning to see more clearly; however, he fell asleep while waiting. Mingyu put Jeonghan’s head on his shoulder for him to rest and carried him to their room when he was in a deep sleep already. Mingyu  decided to sleep beside him after he arranged their bed.

 

          Seungkwan who was bothered by their actions, knew that something was wrong since he saw everything including Mingyu’s involuntary action. He talked to Dokyeom about it and asked if he knew something.

 

It so happened that they were the youngest and their hyungs were the ones who were taking good care of them that they do not want them to feel sad or bad about something. They checked on them and they were both sleeping. Hoshi saw the both of them talking secretly and surprised them.

 

Seungkwan:

(He was so surprised that he almost shout.)

Ah, hyung! What are you doing?

 

Hoshi:

I’m the one who’s supposed to be asking that question.

What are you doing?

 

Seungkwan:

There’s something wrong that they do not want us to know?

 

Hoshi:

(He peaked inside the room and saw that Mingyu was sleeping beside Jeonghan and he felt a little envious.)

What’s wrong?

 

Seungkwan:

I don’t know. I saw Mingyu hyung feeding Jeonghan hyung. I acted like I didn’t see anything.

 

Hoshi:

(He was worried that he was not able to see again.)

What’s wrong? Jeonghan hyung loves to tease Mingyu.

(Trying to escape from Seungkwan’s critical thinking.)

 

          Seungkwan’s eyes were looking fiercely at Hoshi because he felt that he was hiding something.

 

Seungkwan:

You’re lying.

 

          Hoshi gulped because he did not know how to escape at the moment since he was also uneasy to act natural.

 

Seungkwan:

But his face was so worried; though, I saw him…

(He remembered the scene of Mingyu getting closer to Jeonghan. It felt like he would kiss Jeonghan.)

 

DK:

What?

 

Seungkwan:

Nothing.

(He blushed a little.)

 

Hoshi:

Leave them alone. I’ll ask them tomorrow.

 

Wonwoo:

(Noticed them talking and approached them.)

What’s wrong?

 

Seungkwan:

Nothing.

 

          Mingyu woke up in the middle of the night finding out that the other members were still watching. He checked upon Jeonghan and he was also checking his breath just to make sure. Mingyu thought that he looked so weak lately and his creative mind was rolling unwanted sceneries in his mind that made him so scared.

 

Hoshi saw Mingyu coming out of the room and asked him.

 

Hoshi:

Mingyu, is there something wrong?

 

Mingyu:

Ah- nothing. I just woke up to pee.

(He was avoiding Hoshi’s sharp eyes.)

 

Hoshi:

Not with you but to Hannie-hyung?

 

Mingyu:

Nothing… Really!

(He was about to go but Hoshi grabbed his arms.)

 

Hoshi:

Tell me.

(Mingyu remained quiet.)

Did he…

(Hesitated to ask him)

Did he…

(Thinking carefully.)

Is he sick again?

 

Mingyu:

Sick again? Why? Was he sick before?

 

Hoshi:

(Breathed deeply.)

Okay Mingyu, I will tell you what I know but you must keep this a secret; though, wonwoo, and Dino knew about this already.

(Gathered his courage to tell him what he knew.)

Is it about his vision?

 

Mingyu:

(His eyes expanded.)

w-what are you…

Okay… I give up.

(Realizing that they also knew what was happening to Jeonghan.)

Is he okay?

 

Hoshi:

How many minutes did it happen.

 

Mingyu:

It was so long that I got scared. It took around 30 minutes or longer. I wasn’t sure because hyung slept.

(He came close to Hoshi’s ear to whisper.)

Hyung, I think we need to talk about this. He needs medication.

 

Hoshi:

I know. Just keep it a secret first. We need to tell it to S.Coups hyung as soon as he returns.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung.

(Wailing.)

 

Hoshi:

Just be quiet.

 

          There again, it was witnessed by Seungkwan and Dokyeom. They knew something was really wrong and they decided to investigate about it.

 

The next day, they woke up late and it’s almost noon because they slept too late after finishing the movie. They were waiting for the last group’s arrival since morning because they should arrive at that time, but Cheol’s group arrived late in the afternoon instead.

 

Jeonghan was just on a corner sitting and resting. Wonwoo came close to him just to see if he was alright and to inform him that the others had just arrived. He stood up with Wonwoo’s aid and welcome the other members back. They noticed that their two hyungs were quiet as well. Joshua got a terrible cold while filming and S.Coups was not feeling well after their arrival in Korea.

 

Jeonghan:

(He noticed it with his keen eyes.)

Are you both okay?

(He was referring to S.Coups and Joshua.)

 

Joshua:

I am fine but I don’t know with Coups. He’s been feeling bad since we arrived here.

(Joshua looked at Jeonghan and knew that he lose weight.)

Hey, are you alright? You look slimmer.

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah, I’m totally fine.

(He smiled lightly.)

How was your shooting?

 

Joshua:

It’s fun; though, I got sick in the middle of the shoot.

 

Jeonghan:

Is that so? You need to take a rest.

 

Joshua:

Don’t talk like you are fine.

(Joshua knew that he was not feeling well.)

 

          -Flashback-

 

After their Caratland concert, Jeonghan stayed quiet for the longest time. At late night, he found him at the corner of their kitchen and saw him suffering from something. He came close to him and Jeonghan clung at him.

 

Joshua:

Hey, what’s wrong?

 

Jeonghan:

I-

I’ll be fine.

 

Joshua:

You are having difficulties in breathing, aren’t you? Tell me what to do.

 

Jeonghan:

Please, Joshua don’t wake the others. I…

(He was running out of breath and he was having a hard time speaking.)

I don’t want them to be bothered.

 

Joshua:

What should I do? Do you want something?

 

Jeonghan:

Just get back to sleep.

 

Joshua:

I won’t! I’ll stay here until you get better. Do you have asthma or something? Do you have your meds with you?

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t know, it just came right after I was hospitalized.

 

Joshua:

Where’s your medicine?

 

Jeonghan:

I just have an inhaler in my bag. The doctor gave me that if ever I needed it.

 

          Joshua stayed by his side until he felt better. They stayed at the corner of the kitchen until morning and Jun was the one who first find them there.

 

-End of the flashback-

 

          While packing their things and taking care of their leader, Joshua summoned Jeonghan for a talk. They went to a room where no one is present.

 

Joshua:

Jeonghan, you need to tell me the truth.

 

Jeonghan:

What?

 

Joshua:

I am worried about you.

 

Jeonghan:

Worried about what?

 

Joshua:

You!

(He was totally concerned about his best friend’s health.)

 

Jeonghan:

There’s nothing to be worried about.

 

Joshua:

Jeonghan, please! You need to see a doctor. You can’t keep it like this.

(He was getting angry because Jeonghan kept on telling that everything was fine; eventhough, it’s not.)

 

Jeonghan:

Why? Did somebody tell you?

 

Joshua:

Why? Is there something I should know? Look at yourself! You’re overdoing it. Look at you!

You’re getting weaker and you know that.

You don’t want us to worry but what if something happens to you?

(He scolded him.)

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t worry, I plan to go to see my doctor and tell him about this. I’m sorry.

 

Joshua:

When?

 

Jeonghan:

After our show at MBC.

(He displayed a sad face because he knew that he was making Joshua and the others unhappy.)

 

          While they were talking, Woozi was just beside the door as he planned to enter the room to fix things up for their recording the next morning. He heard everything but he tried his best not to react on it.

 

Jeonghan:

I got a long rest. I should be better now. Let’s go to Coups. He needs us.

 

Joshua:

(He wanted to scold him more but it would only give him stress.)

Hey. I’m sorry.

 

Jeonghan:

No, it’s fine. It’s my fault so don’t be sorry.

 

Joshua:

Just…

(He held Jeonghan’s hand.)

Just take care of yourself.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. Thank you. Go get some sleep now. You need it too.

 

Joshua:

I’m fine. Coups and the others took good care of me. I’ll go get some medicine for Coups at the drug store.

 

Jeonghan:

I’ll go. I have to buy something too.

 

Joshua:

Let me buy it for you.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m fine. Just wanna roam around at the same time.

 

Joshua:

Okay.

 

          They got the prescription for S.Coups and was about to go out when Jun prevented Joshua from coming out because it’s cold.

 

Jeonghan:

Your doctor seems very strict.

 

Mingyu:

Where are you going?

 

Jun:

I’ll be the one who will buy hyung’s medicine.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m going with you.

 

Woozi:

There’s no need for you to go. One is enough.

 

Jeonghan:

I’ll buy something too. Do you want something?

 

Jun:

(Handed them a paper and a ballpen to write what they needed.)

Write what you need.

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t forget the money, okay? We can’t accommodate everyone’s needs.

(He was laughing at his joke.)

 

Mingyu and Wonwoo:

We’re tagging along.

 

Jeonghan:

No. you cook for us. Make sure the food is ready when we come back.

 

Jun:

(He collected the list and the money.)

Hyung, I’m ready.

 

Jeonghan:

Let’s go!

 

Dk:

(Handed them their jackets and gloves.)

Don’t be sick.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you, Dokeyomie~

 

Mingyu:

Hey, Jun Hyung, look after Jeonghan hyung.

 

Hoshi:

Y-yeah! He might do something weird.

(He awkwardly said it because Mingyu’s phrase gave them a big question in their mind.)

 

          After hearing those words and analysing their actions, Joshua felt that everyone knew that something was wrong. They had a meeting on their dining table including S.Coups while they were gone.

 

          Jun and Jeonghan stopped by a convenient store after they finished buying the medicines from a pharmaceutical store. They walk straight home after buying everything that was listed on the paper. Jun carried most of the stuffs while Jeonghan carried the medicines. He asked Jun to pass by a Chinese medicinal store.

 

Jun:

What are you gonna buy in there?

 

Jeonghan:

Just a white flower ointment. You know?

I asked the pharmacy if they have but they don’t have any stock.

 

Jun:

Do you feel dizzy lately?

(He started to worry.)

 

Jeonghan:

Sometimes.

(Tried to be honest.)

 

Jun:

Okay, I’ll buy you one.

 

Jeonghan:

Thanks. I’ll stay here. Just leave your things here.

 

Jun:

You sure? It’s cold there.

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. DK gave this. (warmer pack) I’m good!

 

          Jun was speaking with the cashier to ask about what Jeonghan wanted to buy. The pretty boy, sat on the stairs while waiting and at the same time to rest his tired and weak feet. After a minute, he felt terribly ill that he wanted to vomit but he got a hang of himself and just waited for Jun to come. Jun looked outside to check on Jeonghan and rushed to him after buying the ointment.

 

Jun:

Hyung, are you feeling dizzy?

(He thought that his hyung was pale and weak.)

 

Jeonghan:

A little.

 

Jun:

(He assisted him to stand up)

I don’t think you…

 

Jeonghan:

I need to go to a bathroom.

 

          Jun asked the owner of the store if they could use their bathroom for a while. Jeonghan vomited while Jun was beside him. He saw how hard it was for his beloved hyung that he wanted to help him, but he didn’t know how.

 

Jun:

Hyung!

(He was terribly shocked and worried when Jeonghan’s nose started to bleed.)

Hyung!

(He raised him up.)

We need to go to the hospital.

(Preparing to carry him on his back.)

 

          Jun wiped Jeonghan’s nose. He was in state of panic that he wasn’t sure what to do. Good thing, the ahjumma and ahjusshi in the store were ready to help.

 

Ahjusshi:

Carry him here. He must have been feeling cold.

 

Jun:

That’s what I told him, ahjusshi, but he won’t listen.

 

          Jeonghan stayed quiet because his vision was spinning around. The ahjumma did a massage over his pressure points for him to ease the pain. Luckily, it helped him; though, Jun was very anxious about everything.

 

Ahjumma:

I know you are still young but you should take good care of your health.

 

Ahjusshi:

Kids lately. Tsk tsk!

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you so much ahjumma, ahjusshi. I will.

(He smiled gently.)

Jun, we should be going home.

 

          Meanwhile, the others noticed that they took so long to buy those things; given that, the pharmacy and convenient store were just a few blocks away. They tried to contact either Jeonghan or Jun but they won’t answer their phones.

 

Jun:

Hyung, I’ll carry you at my back.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m so sorry.

 

Jun:

No worries. Besides, I think you should go to the hospital.

 

Jeonghan:

Joshua told me too. I plan to go tomorrow.

 

Jun:

Want me to go with you?

 

Jeonghan:

If it’s fine with you.

 

Jun:

Sure. I’d like to. I noticed that you are getting weaker each day since our concert.

 

Jeonghan:

Sorry to worry you.

 

          Jun was walking their way home carrying Jeonghan on his back, while, the goods were hanging on his arms. The road was slippery so he took precautions and walked slowly so they won’t have any accidents.