세븐틴: A Confession

Behind the Scenes: Standby

세븐틴: Date with an Angel part.2: A Confession

 

Like Vernon promised, the next morning was his. He went alone outside to buy Jeonghan’s favourite cake and coffee early in the morning while everybody was still sleeping. After a few minutes, he sneaked back into their room carrying those aromatic goodies with him. That smell made everyone up. Vernon came to Jeonghan’s side and wake him up with the aroma of a nice brewed coffee.

 

Vernon:

Good morning!

(With a big bright smile.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Squinted his eyes because of the sunlight peeking through their window.)

Good morning, Vernon!

(He greeted him with a smile.)

Is that for me?

(His eyes were fixed on the tray Vernon was holding.)

 

Vernon:

Yes, hyung.

 

          Vernon lured the other members to go to the kitchen and told them that they have their coffee served on the table, but only Jeonghan had the complete set -from main dish to desert-. The other members just had a simple ‘bread and coffee’ breakfast that was prepared by the only one handsome Korean-American boy of Seventeen. Jeonghan was so happy when he saw Vernon serving him his breakfast on bed. He sat straight as Vernon served him his sumptuous meal. He excused himself for a while to wash his face.

 

Jeonghan:

(He sat back to his bed after he was done cleaning his angelic face.)

Wow! Am I in a first class hotel?

Thanks Di Caprio.

Aigoo~

(While looking at the lavish meal in front of him.)

Thank you, my Vernonie.

I feel like a royalty these days.

 

Vernon:

Eat plenty.

 

Jeonghan:

Sure!

(He took the first bite and created a very delighted expression which Vernon really liked.)

Here.
(Gave Vernon a spoonful of what he was eating.)

 

Vernon:

No, it’s for you, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

It’s for both of us. Let’s share this.

You gave me a lot and I cannot eat everything. Besides, I don’t want to eat alone.

 

          They shared the meal and they looked so satisfied and delighted. Vernon stayed quiet for a moment while caressing Jeonghan’s hand lovingly. His eyes were fixated on those soft and warm hands.

 

Jeonghan:

Vernon ah?

What’s wrong?

I cannot eat, though.

(Due to Vernon’s grip on Jeonghan’s hand, he couldn’t use his other hand for eating.)

 

Vernon:

Sorry, hyung.

(Wearing his obvious sad face.)

 

Jeonghan:

What for?

Everything’s okay, Vernon.

 

Vernon:

I’m sorry I lied.

 

Jeonghan:

Of what?

(He was surprised of his confession.)

 

Vernon:

I got angry at you.

(Started tearing up with his frowned brows.)

 

Jeonghan felt guilty but he had no idea why or probably he made him hate him for some reason. He brushed Vernon’s princely face and asked him what was wrong. The bright sun rays was the only witness of Vernon’s sorrow to Jeonghan. Vernon couldn’t continue because his tears started to roll over his face. He tried to stop crying but his tears couldn’t stop from falling out of his beautiful hazel brown eyes. Jeonghan was so worried and caressed him through his warm embrace.

 

Jeonghan:

Tell me.

(Wiped Vernon’s tears falling through his delicate cheeks.)

Don’t worry.

 

Vernon:

I’m so mad at you because… I thought you’re going to leave us that time. I was so scared that my body just froze and I couldn’t do anything.

(Crying badly with an almost inaudible voice coming from his thin rosy lips.)

I told you I can protect you. Why did you not tell us that you’re sick?

(Sniffed.)

It hurts me a lot.

(Bursting out of his true feelings that was concealed since that tragic day.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Sympathized him because he kept it all by himself. He never cried and act like that before and he felt he’s responsible for it.)

I’ll never do that again. Sorry.

(Patting Vernon’s head.)

Remember?

I promised that I will trust you.

(Held back his tears.)

 

          Jeonghan caressed him but his heart was filled with sorrow upon seeing Vernon in pain. The memory and fear lingered in his heart all this time. It made Jeonghan’s heart shattered into pieces. Vernon, sure, is a quiet person and he tends to keep his sufferings alone and that worries him a lot.

 

Jeonghan:

What should I do now?

(Looked through the eyes of his dongsaeng.)

How will you forgive me?

Aigoo~ Our Vernonie is in pain and I don’t know what to do.

(He kept Vernon lean on his chest.)

 

 

Vernon:

Stay with us and it’ll be fine. And…

For all you know, we’re family here so don’t hide something from us anymore.

(Nearly stopped crying wiping his tears with his hand.)

 

Jeonghan:

Vernon ah, Saranghae~

(Said it with so much love.)

 

Vernon:

Saranghae, Jeonghan- hyung.

(He replied with a very low and shy voice.)

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t cry because of me.

(Wiping his tears.)

It makes me sad.

 

Vernon:

It’s your fault, though.

(Wore a straight evil face and later on smiled.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He was a little hurt but since Vernon became okay, he’s more relieved than upset.)

That’s a relief.

 

Vernon:

Hyung!

 

Jeonghan:

Mmm?

 

Vernon:

Saranghae.

(Plainly told him with a wide stare, but his word was full of sincerity.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Winked at him.)

I know. Thank you.

Saranghae.

(Gave him a warm hug.)

 

Vernon:

I’m sorry if I ruined your beautiful morning.

 

Jeonghan:

Nope. It was a relief to me. I feel so much better now

Vernonie?

 

Vernon:

Mmmm?

 

Jeonghan:

You can always tell me what you think. I’m always here for you.

 

Vernon:

I know, hyung.

 

          That morning was a bit heavy and Vernon felt that it was not the proper way to greet him as soon as he woke up. He apologized for what happened but Jeonghan was okay with it. At least he knew how he felt. That’s a big relief for him.

 

Vernon asked the person who’s next to him to go to Jeonghan right away because their hyung was already waiting for the next person in their room. On the other hand, Seungkwan noticed that Vernon’s eyes and nose were tinted with red. The other members just ignored it but Seungkwan couldn’t.

 

Seungkwan:

Yoh! You! Vernon ah!

 

Vernon:

(Did not look at him directly to his eyes.)

What, Boonon?

(With a steady voice.)

 

Seungkwan:

Did you cry?

 

Vernon:

Yes. Any problem with that?

 

Seungkwan:

Nothing. It must be hard for you. You can always talk to me, you know.

 

Vernon:

I know. It’s just that… nevermind.

 

Seungkwan:

Aigoo~

Okay, Tell me when you’re ready.

(Changed their topic immediately as he remembered something.)

And why’s our coffee cold and on the top of it, it was an instant coffee.

 

Vernon:

(Looked at him, smiling.)

(I) Never said that I’d buy some coffee blends outside for all of you. I just prepared that.

(Sticking out his tongue to tease Seungkwan.)

You should be thankful that I bought bread.

 

Seungkwan:

Oh my! I’m frustrated!

(Acted like an old lady hitting his chest.)

Aigoo~ Fine!

I’ll buy my own coffee next time.

(Changed the topic.)

How’s Jeonghan, hyung?

 

Vernon:

I left him crying.

 

Seungkwan:

Why? What!

(With an animated expression.)

 

Vernon:

I think I went too far.

 

Seungkwan:

My goodness!

(Slamming his hand to his forehead.)

What should we do?

 

          They both returned to the kitchen while Jeonghan was left alone in the room, crying. He felt so bad for them that they had to suffer. He thought that if he could just act like he’s fine, everybody would be fine too; however, he was wrong. It caused them sufferings, instead.

          Hoshi knocked before entering their room and saw Jeonghan wiping his tears. Hoshi, somehow, felt that he was feeling responsible for all of them. Then, the playful human-hamster approached him enthusiastically.

 

Hoshi:

Oh, hyung! Why are you crying? Is it because of Vernon?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. He made me cry.

 

Hoshi:

What did he do? That boy’s becoming evil these days.

(Squinted his eye to have an evil look; however, he felt sadness inside his heart.)

 

Jeonghan:

No, he’s a good boy. I’m so moved and…

(Thought of another reason.)

The cake was so good and it matches the coffee well.

 

          Hoshi knew that it was not the true reason; though, he considered it as one of them.

 

Hoshi:

Hyung, get ready by 6:00 pm. I’ll fetch you here. I’ll just go somewhere.

Okay?

 

Jeonghan:

Alright. Where are you going?

 

Hoshi:

I just have to go somewhere.

 

Jeonghan:

Take care.

 

          Hoshi left the room, while Jihoon took the chance to speak with his hyung. Although, he noticed that Jeonghan cried through his eyes, he ignored it and casually invited him to the recording studio.

 

Jihoon:

Since no one would take your time now. I’ll have it.

(Occupied his hand of a white paper with lyrics written on it.)

Hyung, can you help me?

 

Jeonghan:

Sure!

 

          Jihoon went inside the recording studio and let Jeonghan listen to the song while he’s singing it.

 

(*Please forgive my lyrics. I’m not a lyricist or a musician and I don’t know if I did the right thing to give this song a justice. Haha! And one more thing, just imagine a soft, airy, lonely melody for this one because I don’t know how to compose it.)

 

Unwritten Love Song

Written by: Paola Gene C. Uy                                             05-14-2017

 

How can I describe my love for you?

I can’t find any words.

I can’t write any letter because

It’s something beyond printed codes.

 

I’m here, looking at the window.

Like a fool,

Suddenly smiling

Singing verses

Of unspeakable words.

 

I can’t put it into words.

I’m searching, still looking.

Through your smile

Through your voice

Through your touch

Because it’s something beyond wonderful.

 

You’re the light in my eyes.

You’re the love of my life.

 

*Chorus

Listen, please listen

To this unwritten love song,

And let the lyrics be written by you.

Complete this unwritten love song.

Fill this incomplete heart of mine.

 

Here I am in an empty room.

Like a statue,

Blankly staring in the air,

Strumming my guitar

With a single melody.

A melody created by my beating heart.

 

This music I’m playing,

I always, always hear it inside my heart.

Through your words

Through your laughter

Through your breath

Because it’s more than just a part of my world.

 

You’re the melody of my ears.

You’re the rhythm of my soul.

 

*Chorus

Listen, please listen

To this unwritten love song,

And let the lyrics be written by you.

Complete this unwritten love song.

Fill this incomplete heart of mine.

 

Listen, just listen.

This is my only chance

To reach to you.

Hear the voice of my heart

And you’ll know what’s inside.

Listen, please listen

To the beat of my heart,

Deeply falling, falling in love with you.

 

Although, I can’t seem to write

A perfect lyrics to describe my love for you,

I want you to hear, to listen to the tune of my heart.

And let the lyrics be written by you.

Be written by you.

 

Jeonghan:

Woah! That’s amazing!

It’s somehow sad, though.

 

Jihoon:

Thank you.

It’s really a sad song.

 

Jeonghan:

As expected from our genius! I’m so proud of you!

(Praised him repeatedly.)

 

Jihoon:

Ah, hyung. Don’t praise me like that. I’m just an ordinary person.

 

Jeonghan:

You are a genius, I tell you!

(Jihoon blushed upon hearing those praises.)

May I know your inspiration?

 

Jihoon:

(Blushed)

You

(Cunningly answered it.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He was speechless and paused for a moment.)

I see. What’s the title?

 

Jihoon:

Unwritten Love Song

(He revealed it.)

 

Jeonghan:

Then…

Should I write the lyrics for you?

( with a sweet, charming voice.)

 

          Jihoon didn’t say any word as if he’s leaving Jeonghan think of his reply. On the other hand, the older one chose not to speak while observing Jihoon prepare for the final recording. Their genius producer/ songwriter, once again, returned to the small room to finalize the song and let Jeonghan watch him.

 

          Jihoon asked his opinion about the song and see if he had to change something.

 

Jihoon:

Is it good?

 

Jeonghan:

Nope.

(Said it in a serious criticizing gaze.)

It’s perfect!

(He exclaimed.)

 

Jihoon:

Tell me honestly, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

I love it!

 

Jihoon:

Why?

 

Jeonghan:

Because you let me hear it.

(He smiled tenderly because he knew that it was Jihoon’s way to tell him, he loves him.)

 

Jihoon:

Okay?

(Confused)

 

          Jeonghan was still astounded and overwhelmed of Jihoon’s words through the lyrics, the reason for him to stay quiet.

 

Jihoon:

(Casually said…)

Okay, let’s wrap-up. Thank you for your time, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

It’s always my pleasure, Mr. Songwriter.

(Smiled gently.)

 

Jihoon:

Thank you.

(Smiled casually.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Before leaving the room.)

My Jihoon-ah, saranghae~

 

          Jihoon smiled shyly at him and lowered his head down without any reply. As the beautiful angel left the room, Jihoon their speaker that was connected to their living room and announced something.

 

Jihoon:

(Tapped on the mic.)

Mic test, Mic test! Saranghae~

 

          Jeonghan knew that it was obviously his reply to him. He felt so blessed because he was receiving a lot of love from each of the members. He promised himself to do his best to love his beloved brothers more without hurting them.

 

          Hoshi, as he promised, fetched him at 6:00 in the evening. Hoshi wore casual clothes as well as Jeonghan. They went out without letting him know where they would go.

 

Hoshi:

Are you excited, hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

More of a curious one, I guess. Where will we go?

 

Hoshi:

To where I belong.

(He said jokingly.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Puzzled)

Where?

(Quick-witted Jeonghan throw a cute, cheesy words at him.)

In my heart?

(He replied.)

 

Hoshi:

I would love to!

(He smiled with his chinky eyes.)

Can I stay there?

 

Jeonghan:

Forever!

(He declared proudly.)

 

          The two climbed up to an apartment until they reached the rooftop. The stars were brightly shining above the sky and it was a beautiful sight. They lay on a wooden table at the middle. Then, Hoshi lend his body to be Jeonghan’s pillow for a while watching the starts together and waiting for the food that they ordered.

 

Jeonghan:

Is that the place you said you belong?!

(He pointing at the sky with a weird, disbelief expression.)

 

Hoshi:

Can I not? They are my family and I belong up there.

(Acted with theatrical actions.)

 

Jeonghan:

You are more suitable here.

(Pointing at his heart confidently.)

 

Hoshi:

(Smiled shyly and did not know how to act.)

Is that so?

(Paused for a while.)

But there are plenty of us there.

(He got serious)

 

Jeonghan:

But there’s only one spot for my star.

(He made it cheesier.)

Aigoo~

Why are we so cheesy!

 

Hoshi:

You started it, hyung!

 

Jeonghan:

(Got back to his senses.)

Soon Young ah?

 

Hoshi:

Mmm?

 

Jeonghan:

Do you love me?

 

Hoshi:

So much! But you never see me.

(Started his drama again like what he did in their concert.)

 

          Jeonghan flipped his body and faced Soon Young with an angelic smile.

 

Jeonghan:

Here we go again, huh?

 

Hoshi:

(He smiled then laughed thinking that he was not over it yet. Later on, he noticed that Jeonghan was so close to him.)

Ah, hyung!

(Pushed him away.)

 

Jeonghan:

What?

 

Hoshi:

I told you not to seduce me.

Why is it so hot tonight?

(Fanning himself with his hand.)

 

Jeonghan:

Because I am the hottest star here on earth!

(Declared those words without shame.)

 

Hoshi:

(He did not know how to react. Would he get pissed or happy?)

Really? I thought it was me.

(Looked at how close Jeonghan was.)

Ah, hyung, just lay on my chest. You’re distracting me.

 

Jeonghan:

Hoshi yah~ I have a gift for you. It’s from the hottest star on earth!

 

Hoshi:

Tsk! You’re not a star, you’re a-

 

          Hoshi halted because Jeonghan gave him a peck on his cheeks.

 

Hoshi:

(Whispered)

An angel.

(His eyes opened so wide because he was totally stunned by it.)

 

Jeonghan:

I know.

(Coolly admitted it to tease Hoshi more.)

 

          The food was delivered at last and immediately start eating. Hoshi was worried that Jeonghan might catch cold because it’s kind of freezing outside. He covered him with a fluffy blanket which he prepared just in case it gets cold.

 

In spite the cold night, they get to enjoy the samgyupsal and Jjajangmyeon they ordered. They laugh and talk all night. Hoshi knew that they must be back before 10:00, so they packed-up things early and went straight home.

 

Hoshi:

Thank you for your time, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

I should be the one thanking you.

Hoshi yah~ whose star are you?

 

Hoshi:

Jeonghanie hyung’s star!

 

Jeognhan:

Saranghae, Soon Young ah.

 

Hoshi:

Saranghae, Jeonghan hyung!

 

          They came back home before 10 in the evening and Dino was already prepared for his turn. He called Jeonghan to bed because he wanted to sleep bedside Jeonghan. Upon unfolding the blanket, he saw a cute Jeonghan-Dino couple cap.

 

Jeonghan:

Woah~

(He was so surprised because of its cuteness.)

Aigoo~ thank you Dino yah~

 

Dino:

Saranghae, hyung~

 

Jeonghan:

Saranghae.

 

Dino:

I’ll let you rest now.

I just…

I just want to let you know that even though you see me as a boy, I’m a man that you can rely on, hyung.

I’m growing and getting stronger.

I will protect you. I promise!

(Smiled.)

 

Jeonghan:

I know.

(He was so touched by the bold statement of his baby.)

Thank you Chan ah~

 

Dino:

Ah, hyung! You’re acting like a mom again.

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah! Why? Is it bad? You’re still a baby to me. Any violent reaction?!

(Scolding him.)

 

Dino:

No. I’m totally fine with it.

(He embraced him tightly.)

Let’s sleep now? You must be tired.

 

          Jeonghan felt Dino is growing faster than they thought. He’s becoming a reliable man now without him noticing because he kept on insisting that he was still a baby. It was just a short time that he had with Dino but it was so meaningful.