세븐틴: The Old Photo Booth

Behind the Scenes: Standby

세븐틴: Date with an Angel part 4: The Old Photo Booth

 

The next day, Wonwoo took an early shower and forcibly wake Jeonghan up. On the other hand, Mingyu was approaching the bathroom to take a bath because they had to do a morning show with Vernon that day when he saw the busy Wonwoo.

 

Mingyu:

Wonwoo hyung, where are you going?

 

Wonwoo:

(Noticed that Mingyu was heading to the bathroom.)

Let Jeonghan hyung use it first!

 

          Wonwoo forced Jeonghan to take a bath early in the morning and helped him put some lotion on his face. Jeonghan was confused with Wonwoo’s action, as well as, it confused everybody else. He even put on Jeonghan’s t-shirt; moreover, what made everybody more puzzled was, he let his hyung wear the same tees as his.

 

Vernon:

Hyung! What are you doing?

(Extremely puzzled with the original quiet hyung.)

 

Wonwoo:

(Displayed a mischievous smile.)

Going out.

(Arranging their shoes.)

Jeonghan hyung, let’s go!

 

Jeonghan:

(Still half asleep.)

Okay, wait!

Why are you in a hurry?

 

Wonwoo:

Faster!

(He firmly demanded it.)

 

          He made sure that Jeonghan’s medicine and a bottle of water were all with him. Wonwoo hanged his arms on Jeonghan’s shoulders and start walking.

 

Jeonghan:

What’s up?

It’s so early to rise.

 

Wonwoo:

I want a walk with you.

(With a truthful but piercing gaze.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Whining)

Why?~

(Swayed his shoulder alternately.)

 

Wonwoo:

Ah, hyung! Behave well.

(Restraint his hyung’s action by pulling the weak body firmly close to his.)

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, boss!

(He couldn’t do anything that time, so he just pouted his lips knowing that Wonwoo seemed so serious and he couldn’t win.)

         

          Wonwoo smiled at him. It was obvious that he’s liking it. They visited a café to eat there breakfast. Wonwoo was the one who ordered, while Jeonghan looked for a seat.

 

Jeonghan:

What a beast. Tsk!

(He murmured as he sat beside the aquarium and waited for Wonwoo while staring at a tank full of beautiful fish.)

 

          Wonwoo came carrying their food and served it as soon as he reached Jeonghan. Wonwoo showed a serious face when they ate.

 

Wonwoo:

Eat a lot hyung. We’ll be using our energy for our trip today.

 

Jeonghan:

A trip? We’re do you plan to go?

(Wondering what trip could it be.)

 

Wonwoo:

Han River.

I’d like to ride a boat.

 

Jeonghan:

Early in the morning?

 

Wonwoo:

Why not?

(While chewing the bread he was holding.)

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. Alright!

(With sleepy whining answer.)

 

          After eating, Wonwoo grabbed Jeonghan’s hand and rushed to Han River. Wonwoo’s expression was priceless because he was evidently excited about their date and exposing a bright smile while dragging Jeonghan to a breath taking place. On the other hand, Jeonghan covered his eyes because he was blinded by the sunlight.

 

          The smell of Han River early in the morning is so refreshing; as a result, they both got excited, especially when they felt the water splashed through their jeans.

 

Jeonghan:

(Shivered)

Oh, it’s cold!

 

Wonwoo:

I brought everything.

(Tapped the bag on his back. He brought a blanket with him.)

Ready for a boat ride, hyung?

(Held Jeonghan’s hand to assist him.)

 

          Jeonghan just noticed that Wonwoo was carrying a stuffed backpack with him. They boarded the boat Wonwoo rented and row to the center of the sparkling water. The quiet gentleman played a good song saved in his phone, singing along while viewing the sunrise.

 

Wonwoo:

Hyung, let’s stay like this for a while.

(He smiled handsomely.)

 

          Jeonghan, unknowingly, blushed when Wonwoo gave him a warm smile. He agreed with his decision and looked around savouring a nice and perfect view in the morning.

 

Jeonghan:

(Found Wonwoo staring at him.)

What?

 

Wonwoo:

Sorry, I wake you early this morning. I just want you to see the sunrise.

(Eyes fixed to Jeonghan’s beautiful face.)

 

Jeonghan:

It’s okay. It’s beautiful!

(Enjoying the moment because it was something that they could not easily do.)

 

Wonwoo:

I think so too.

(Staring at him)

 

          Wonwoo liked it when the sunlight lighten up Jeonghan’s face. It was a perfect sight with his perfect smile. Wonwoo got his phone and capture a very astonishing moment. Jeonghan wouldn’t mind his actions and stayed still to enjoy the fresh air and the view. They stayed there for a couple of hours and rowed back when they felt like they needed to go.

 

Jeonghan, while alighting the boat, fainted. Luckily, Wonwoo caught him; however, the both of them fell to the water. Fortunately, it was not deep at all, but they had their clothes soaked in water. It was so unexpected; nevertheless, Wonwoo carried him in his arms and checked Jeonghan as soon as they reached the land. When everything was okay, he asked assistance from a mister near them to help him put Jeonghan on his back. Wonwoo did not see that coming and forgot to bring extra clothes. Good thing he brought some of their underwear & a small towel but he had no clue why he carried it with him.

 

Wonwoo seated on a bench wiping Jeonghan’s skin with a dry towel. As soon as Jeonghan opened his eyes, he felt that his clothes were wet. He grabbed the bench to pull himself up from Wonwoo’s lap.

 

Jeonghan:

Wonwoo, sorry. Did you soak yourself too?

(He had no idea of what was happening because his vision was blocked again.)

 

Wonwoo:

You can’t see again?

(Said calmly while looking sternly at him.)

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah.

 

Wonwoo:

Hyung, let’s go to a thrift shop and change our clothes.

 

Jeonghan:

Fine with me. Carry me. I feel weak.

(Reached out his arms to Wonwoo to be carried.)

 

Wonwoo:

I have no choice.

(His voice sounded troubled (voice acting) but his smile brightly shine like the sun.)

 

          They went to a thrift shop and left Jeonghan near a dressing room for them to get dressed easily. He picked up a nice shirt and pants for the two of them. Wonwoo made sure that they were in pairs. He changed his clothes first and changed Jeonghan’s after. In a short while, Jeonghan started to see again.

 

Jeonghan:

(Still at Wonwoo’s back.)

Damn! I cannot enjoy this day with my blindness. Tsk! Good thing it happened after the boat thing.

 

Wonwoo:

Yeah.

You okay now? You’re quite heavy, hyung. Can I put you down?

(Told him honestly.)

 

Jeonghan:

Hey! Am I that heavy?

Jun carried me all the way to our dorm.

(Wondering if Jun felt the same way as Wonwoo.)

 

Wonwoo:

I pity him. Maybe he was afraid to tell you.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh my! I feel bad.

(Noticing that they were now in a crowded place.)

 

Jeonghan:

Where’s this place?

 

Wonwoo:

My highlight.

(He effortlessly presented the place.)

Amusement park.

You wanna ride something?

 

Jeonghan:

How about you?

 

Wonwoo:

I came here for just one reason.

 

JEonghan:

What? Well, it’s obvious. What ride do you want to board in?

 

Wonwoo:

Nope. Not a ride.

I found some old photo booth here. I like it so I came here to take our photo together.

 

Jeonghan:

A selfie will do? Let’s print it after.

(He suggested.)

 

Wonwoo:

Let’s do that after.

(Still wanted to have their photo taken in that old photo booth.)

 

          Wonwoo pulled Jeonghan to where the photo booth was. They went inside and it felt nostalgic to have their photo taken in that kind of booth again. They chose their theme, got some props and started taking their pictures. They enjoyed those simple moments when they tried silly poses with the props; in addition, they were trying so hard to fit their bodies in that small studio.

 

          After a while, since the door was just a curtain, a kid was running recklessly around the area when he tipped on a wire right before the door and bumped on Wonwoo’s behind. He was then trying to find another props for another round when he accidentally pushed Jeonghan letting their nose clashed on each other. And then, the flash came at the right time capturing an accidental romantic position where their face were so close, nearly to touch their lips against the other with a hand resting on the wall.

 

          Wonwoo stood up immediately and acted properly as he blushed. It was so unexpected.

 

Wonwoo:

(Clearing his throat.)

You okay, hyung?

Sorry I got pushed by…

 

          A voice came from an Ahjumma from the outside scolding his young. It was a voice of the kid’s mom, apologizing after the accident that was caused by her son. Wonwoo replied that it was just alright and they were fine. The pictures came out nicely. Wonwoo became shy of what happened, while Jeonghan got the print and looked at them. He became shy too upon seeing those photos.

 

Jeonghan:

That kid, really!

(Annoyed with the careless brat.)

 

Wonwooo:

(He smirked)

He has a good timing, though.

(Lifted his brows to agree to himself.)

 

Jeonghan:

Right!

(Sarcastic)

 

Wonwoo:

I love this picture!

(Looked at the set where the accident occurred. He kept the other half and gave Jeonghan the other.)

It’s up to you if you’ll keep it or not.

 

Jeonghan:

I’ll keep it, of course. You loved this photo because of me.

(Evil grin)

 

Wonwoo:

Wanna eat?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, I’m hungry.

 

Wonwoo:

Then, let’s go!

(Bought a sandwich and a soft drinks for their snack.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Scrutinizing their photo.)

Wonwoo yah, you picked a good shirt for us.

 

Wonwoo:

I knew it. You’re looking at that picture to check if you look good.

 

          The two seated on a vacant space near a park surrounded by small food and souvenir stalls.

 

Jeonghan:

Yes~

(Blinked his eyes repeatedly while smiling. He focused his attention to other things to forget their embarrassing moment.)

 

Wonwoo:

Thank you for this day.

(He was sincere with this words.)

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you too.

 

Wonwoo:

Take care of yourself, hyung. I don’t want to see that nightmare again.

(Ate his sandwich.)

 

Jeonghan:

Yup.

(Took a bite and a sip with his food too.)

 

Wonwoo:

(Looked down as he started saying his thoughts to Jeonghan.)

Everyone loves you so much…

(Inhaled deeply)

It’s a big trauma for us to witness you breathless. That’s why we were acting weird these days. We are so obsessed of having you on our side, thinking that every moment is important.

(Looked at his eyes as he finished talking.)

I bet you already noticed that.

 

Jeonghan:

I know. That’s why I’m worried.

Wonwoo yah~

(Got Wonwoo’s attention by a windy soft voice.)

 

Wonwoo:

What? Saranghae?

Pretty easy!

(He was anticipating it.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He seemed caught and changed it, intentionally.)

Oh~ No! Why would I, why would-

(Halted as soon as he noticed Wonwoo smiling.)

 

          Wonwoo smiled charmingly and knew that he changed it as soon as he guessed it.

 

Jeonghan:

Omo! How can you be this handsome, Wonwoo yah?

(Noticing his princely charms.)

 

Wonwoo:

My face is always like this, hyung.

(Looked up into the sky, and spoke sweet words of admiration.)

Saranghae, hyung.

(Looked straight back at Jeonghan’s beautiful eyes.)

 

 

Jeonghan:

Saranghae, Wonwoo yah.

(He replied back without hesitation.)

Did you enjoy the day?

 

Wonwoo:

A lot.

 

Jeonghan:

Really? I wanted to go to Han River again.

That’s my favourite part.

 

Wonwoo:

Just ask me. I’ll go with you.

(Paused for a while)

My favourite part is… all the time that I’m with you.

 

Jeonghan:

(Tickled Wonwoo because he’s so serious.)

You’re so serious!

 

Wonwoo:

I swear!

(He defended himself.)

 

Jeonghan:

If that’s your strategy with women, it won’t go easy on me.

(Squinted with a judging eyes.)

 

Wonwoo:

Well, it went very well on me.

I’m happy that you’re still with us.

 

Jeonghan:

Stop the drama! You’re making me feel that I am the bad guy here.

 

Wonwoo:

You are. You left us heartbroken that day.

 

Jeonghan:

Sorry.

(Bit his lips because it’s slowly sinking in that he made them miserable.)

 

Wonwoo:

Apology accepted!

(Looked at him dearly.)

Hyung, can you give me a hug?

 

          Jeonghan gave his warm embrace to Wonwoo and thanked him for everything.

 

Jeonghan:

Wonwoo, I’m worried about you.

 

Wonwoo:

About what?

 

Jeonghan:

I can’t be your boyfriend. You know that, right?

 

Wonwoo:

(He wore a confused face.)

Who said I dreamt of you as my boyfriend?

I think you’re going crazy, hyung.

You misunderstood me.

(Coolly denied it.)

 

Jeonghan:

Am I not your ideal type?

Then why did you kiss me?

(Teasing him.)

 

Wonwoo:

(Laughed so hard.)

You’re funny!

I kissed you because I want to tease you.

It’s a revenge!

 

Jeonghan:

To tease me?!

(He felt insulted)

 

Wonwoo:

Why? Did you feel anything?

(Annoyed him more with an evil yet appealing laugh.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He really noticed Wonwoo’s charm and fell for it. Jeonghan spoke at the back of his mind.)

Tsk! That smile is so y though.

(Sighed)

You’re a bad guy!

(Punched Wonwoo lightly and displayed a charming relieved expression.)

Wow! That’s a relief.

Woooh!

(He screamed softly.)

 

 

Wonwoo:

(In the bottom of his heart.)

A boyfriend? Tsk!

That’s not it… you don’t get me.

I wish you could be someone I can marry.

(He sighed.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Noticed that he had a deep sigh.)

You tired?

 

Wonwoo:

Yeah. Let’s go back. You’re so heavy!

 

Jeonghan:

Really? I should apologize to Jun.

 

Wonwoo:

You must.

(Rotating his neck to relief his neck pain.)

 

          They came back to their dorm and Jeonghan ran to Jun to apologize about his weight. Jun was just cool with it and strongly disagreed that he was heavy. Wonwoo went straight to the room and keep the photos inside the case of his cellphone while the special one was kept in his wallet.

 

          The next day, Mingyu finally got Jeonghan’s time alone. They were alone in the house because he had no schedule for the day while Coups cancelled Jeonghan’s schedule because he needed a rest.

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan hyung! It’s my time now!

(He shouted while he was changing his clothes in their room)

 

Jeonghan:

(Wondered of what Mingyu was saying.)

What?

 

Mingyu:

Let’s have a date now! As in right now!  Did you take your shower already?

(Dressed handsomely.)

 

Jeonghan:

Oh! Okay. Just a minute.

 

          Mingyu waited for him at the living room. The tall, slender man wore a very appealing set of clothes, appropriate for dating. While Jeonghan went out with just T-shirt and jeans. Mingyu scowled and asked him to change clothes.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung, look at how well dressed I am!

 

Jeonghan:

Tell me, where will we go?

 

Mingyu:

That’s a secret but you have to change first, hyung.

Dress prettily!

(He shouted while Jeonghan was running to their room.)

 

Jeonghan:

Okay fine.

(Jeonghan ran to his closet to change his clothes. He wore the same color as Mingyu’s clothes to please him.)

 

          Mingyu approved it, without a doubt. Then, went out in an instant.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung, today is a special day. Can I have your hand?

(He innocently asked the older one.)

Since this is a very special day, can I request something?

 

Jeonghan:

Anything.

 

Mingyu:

Can I drop honorifics? (Hyung)

 

Jeonghan:

Why?

 

Mingyu:

Because we are dating right now. It’s not dating when I still call you with some honorifics. It was supposed to be causal.

(Tried to explain what’s on his mind.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He showed a confused adorable face)

Where’d you get that?

You’ve watched too much drama, haven’t you?

 

Mingyu:

(Looked at him and murmured…)

Aw~ so cute!

(He composed himself for a moment.)

I want to be comfortable with you. Please don’t tell Coups hyung about this.

 

 

          Jeonghan just let Mingyu do as he wished and stayed cool over it. Mingyu is an innocent yet romantic man. He’s also honest with his feelings and actions that he wouldn’t mind others’ opinion. He wanted to get close to his angel more because he’s someone special to him. He held his hand while going to the place he planned to go. They arrived to their destination by riding a taxi. Jeonghan, on the other hand, just trust him to where he wanted to go.

 

          They were in front of a big aquarium. Mingyu trusted his instincts that it would be fun and romantic if they go there. Besides, he wanted to relax himself too. He chose aquarium because he thought that water and seeing marine creatures could calm their hearts; moreover, it would be exciting if he’s with Jeonghan.

 

          Jeonghan became interested in it and joined him enthusiastically. They went inside and prepared their cellphones for taking their pictures while roaming around with their hands intertwined. They looked like a real couple from a far. No one would notice them anyway since some parts of the aquarium is dark. They took pictures together, while Mingyu sent their best pictures to everyone. They enjoyed the view like they were still a child, and had their lunch at the nearest restaurant and ate a lot.

 

          Mingyu acted so mature. He let Jeonghan feel that he was secured and comfortable. He made sure that everything was perfect. Well, except that it rained so hard and they had no umbrella to use when they were on their way home. They found a shed somewhere near. A shed far from the crowd. They stayed there to wait for the heavy rain to stop. There was even a frightening thunder and lightning.

 

Mingyu:

I wasn’t expecting this.

(He got disappointed.)

 

Jeonghan:

It’s fine. We can stay here.

 

Mingyu:

Sorry.

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t be. It’s not your fault.

 

Mingyu:

Han ah.

 

          Jeonghan wasn’t sure how to react because he was not used to it, especially when it’s Mingyu who’s calling him like that.

 

Mingyu:

Why? Not used to it? Me too! But anyway, I just want to take the opportunity to call you by your name.

(He smiled innocently, enjoying the moment.)

Sometimes I wish that I can be someone older than you.

 

Jeonghan:

Why is that so?

 

Mingyu:

Because I want to be the person who can protect you like Seungcheol hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

(Find him so sweet and passionate.)

You don’t have to be older than someone just to protect them.

 

Mingyu:

I guess so. Maybe you’re right.

(Got the only dry cloth left hidden on his pocket, which was his clean handkerchief, to wipe Jeonghan’s wet skin. Starting on his hyung’s gorgeous face down to his soft hands. Mingyu’s handkerchief was scented by a manly yet sweet fragrant which Jeonghan found attractive.)

But not this…

Han a?

(Called Jeonghan’s name repeatedly.)

Hanie-ah~ Are you feeling cold?

 

Jeonghan:

A little.

(He smiled)

 

Mingyu:

Can I have your hands? I’ll warm them.

 

Jeonghan:

Thanks.

I enjoyed the whole day!

(He smiled back at Mingyu, leaning his head on the handsome man’s shoulder.)

 

Mingyu:

Glad you do. Just let me know and let’s break away.

 

          Jeonghan felt that he suddenly became a leading lady in a romantic film because of Mingyu’s actions. He found Mingyu and Seungcheol quite similar when it comes to taking care of their loved ones.

 

Jeonghan:

You matured a lot.

 

Mingyu:

You think so? You’re acting like a mom again, hyung.

Don’t do that! We’re on a date!

(He exclaimed.)

I want to bring you to a good restaurant for our dinner. Tsk!

(He was really sad of what happened.)

Are you hungry, Jeonghan ah?

(Thought that calling his hyung by his name was really cool)

 

Jeonghan:

A little.

 

Mingyu:

Wait for me here. Are you okay if I go out for a while?

 

Jeonghan:

Where are you going?

 

Mingyu:

There!

(Pointing a nearest convenient store his eyes could see.)

What do you want?

 

Jeonghan:

Noodles.

(Jeonghan lifted his head from Mingyu’s shoulder.)

But you have no umbrella. You’ll get sick!

 

Mingyu:

Nothing will change. Besides, I’m already wet. I’ll go and get something first. I hope there’s an umbrella.


          He went out for a second but after a while, Jeonghan heard a big crash, sounds like an accident, near that area. His heart beats rapidly, worried that something bad happened to his prince.