세븐틴: Ideal Type

Behind the Scenes: Standby

세븐틴: Ideal Type

 

          Their comeback was a big hit! They were really thankful because their fans gave them their full support by attending their shows; moreover, they also helped them to promote through their own little ways, like posting and sharing their videos in their social media accounts and specially patronizing their new released album worldwide.

 

          In spite of their fame, they remained humble and thanked everyone who gave them their support. They promised that they will do their best every time.

 

          They were up to many guestings in different shows after they launched their 4th album. Once again, back to a tiring pace of their promotion but it was okay because they were enjoying it. Sebongies were overwhelmed with the support and love they were receiving. Even their sumbaenims told them that they did a great job. They congratulate them nonstop.

 

          So far, Jeonghan was still okay and energetic. Maybe because he was taken good care of everyone. Vernon approached him and gave something with the water bottle, he was holding.

 

Vernon:

Hyung.

(Reached the water, a bread, and his medicine)

Eat first before drinking your meds.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh, thank you.

(Patted Vernon’s baby face)

Did you eat already?

 

Vernon:

I have my own there.

(Pointing on the table.)

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. Thank you.

 

          They were called by their manager while they were still at the backstage before their midnight performance.

 

Manager:

You will have ‘Weekly Idol’ tomorrow.

 

Seungcheol:

Okay. Noted.

 

Manager:

Prepare well.

 

DK:

Alright! Let’s enjoy our show tomorrow!

(Cuddled Jeonghan after cheering everybody.)

Hyung, you can sleep on my shoulders while waiting.

(He wore a big smile but inside his mind, he was worried because they have so many projects and Jeonghan might get tired.)

 

Jeonghan:

I’m still okay. I’ll sleep while we’re traveling.

(Caressed DK’s head)

 

          They went home very late that time. It was almost morning and they have to get ready again by 5 am. They only had 4 hours sleep and went out early for their shooting.

 

-‘Weekly Idol’ Waiting Room-

 

Seungkwan:

This is going to be fun!

(He chuckled.)

 

          Their time has already come, and the stage director called them in the studio. The two hosts, Defconn together with their guest host HeeChul, welcomed them warmly.

 

Defconn:

What should we do? The studio is already full.

(He joked that he was finding a solution on how to fit Seventeen members inside their small studio since they are plenty.)

 

          Everyone laughed at Defconn’s impromptu speech.

 

Defconn:

Yeah! Seventeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

(He finally introduced them to the viewers.)

 

They clapped their hands and introduced themselves one by one. Again, they divided their groups per unit and played a lot of games to compete with each other. Also, they were asked if they could do the 2x speed dance of their new song “Don’t Wanna Cry”. Everyone was startled by that request because first of all, the steps are complicated and some of it are too fast; nevertheless, they tried their very best to perform.

 

          The hosts were very focused on their performance and clapped their hands in awe, praising the boys with their sharp choreography; in addition, no one made a mistake. It’s just that it was very tiring, so as soon as the dance ended, they lay their bodies on the floor to rest and to catch breathe.

 

HeeChul:

That was great!

(Imitated some of their steps ridiculously.)

Yah! How did you do that?

 

          HeeChul passed the mic to Seungkwan who’s lying and rolling to calm his tired heart.

 

Heechul:

What can you say, Seungkwan-ssi?

(Intentionally interviewed him in the midst of his suffering.)

 

Seungkwan:

(Breathed fast.)

I (breath) Yah (Breath, Pointing to Dino to answer the question)

I can’t (breath) wait. (breath)

(Tossing and turning)

 

          As expected of Seungkwan, he’s Seventeen’s king of variety. He looked so adorable with his unique charm. The members helped the others to stand and distributed the bottle of water among them.

 

Defconn:

Shall we proceed?

(Laughing at them.)

Do we need an ambulance?

(He joked.)

 

          The hosts explained their next round which is the interview part. They got the questions from their fans and chose the best ones for their question and answer portion.

 

They got their mic and get ready to answer the questions. The staffs gave small pieces of paper with the questions to HeeChul.

 

HeeChul:

Okay. Let’s start!

 

          Sebongies answered the questions well and entertaining, until they were asked about…

 

Defconn:

Among the members, who’s your ‘Ideal Type’?

 

HeeChul:

Woah! Interesting.

(Gave a cue to the members)

Point on that person in 1…2… 3…

 

          They were astonished when all fingers were pointed at Jeonghan. Even S.Coups, who’s not yet returning to his old self gave his vote for Seventeen’s one and only, Angel. Vernon, on the other hand, pointed his one hand to Jeonghan and the other to Seungkwan. Dino was pointing on Joshua. Jeonghan was surprised that almost everyone pointed at him, and it gave him a hard time choose.

 

Defconn:

Woah! What can you say Jeonghan-ssi?

You’re quite popular.

(Laughed and agreed with their decision because he looks like a lady.)

Well, that’s acceptable.

 

HeeChul:

(He was curious about Jeonghan’s ideal type, so he asked him.)

So who’s your ideal type, Jeonghan-ssi?

 

Jeonghan:

(Displayed a wide smile; although, he had no clue how’d he choose.)

Actually, I’m confused.

(Laughed)

 

HeeChul:

Confused of what?

 

Jeonghan:

Well, they all have good qualities.

(Displayed a wide, charming smile.)

 

Defconn:

(Captured by Jeonghan’s angelic smile.)

Aigoo~ You’re being nice Jeonghan-ssi.

Let’s make it fun. C’mon!

Don’t be pressured!

 

HeeChul:

Let’s asked the others first about their reason of choosing their ideal type, since Jeonghan seemed confused.

 

          All were laughing but they were anticipating at Jeonghan’s answer so much.

 

Heechul:

Alright, the leader goes first.

 

Seungcheol:

Me? Because…

(He was a little shy)

I don’t know. I just like him.

(Confessed coolly)

 

Defconn:

You’re the man!

 

HeeChul:

You’re so cool!

(Gave him a thumbs up.)

I love you!

(Acted like a cute lady and gave him a heart sign. Seungcheol just giggled as he received HeeChul’s love.)

 

Defconn:

How ‘bout Joshua?

 

Joshua:

He’s just my ideal type. I love to hang out around him.

 

Defconn:

Oh, I see. You’re comfortable with him.

 

Joshua:

Yeah.

(Innocently agreed)

 

Defconn:

Maybe I’ll start hanging around with you too. (To Jeonghan)

(Thought of something.)

Oh, wait! Meaning, because you’re boys, you see him (pointing at Jeonghan) as a woman, right?

 

Seventeen:

Of course!

 

HeeChul:

(Amused of his hyung who was confused at the moment.)

What are you thinking, hyung?

 

          HeeChul was laughing so hard because it was given. Of course they were all man, they should look for their ideal women. Defconn find it funny too.

 

Defconn:

I’m sorry, I’m confused.

(Laughed)

Even if Jeonghan-ssi cuts his hair short, he still confuses me.

(Scratched his head.)

He’s beautiful enough to be qualified as a woman.

 

DK:

That’s what we always tell him.

(Smiled widely with his crescent eyes.)

 

HeeChul:

This is funny!

Defconn-ssi, I think you’re in love with Jeonghan’s beautiful face.

(Laughed)

Jeonghan-ssi!

(Asked him to capture Defconn’s heart with an aegyo.)

Please capture the heart of our lonely Defconn-hyung.

 

          Jeonghan became shy at first; nevertheless, he acted it out and gave Defconn a cute wink with a heart sign. The rapper acted like he was struck right straight from the heart and it was killing him. They all just laughed.

 

HeeChul:

Aigoo~

(Wiping his tears out of joy.)

How about you, twinnie?

(Referred to Jun)

 

Jun:

He’s so angelic.

(Gave a romantic answer.)

 

Defconn:

(Laughed)

Nice! Our China-line is so romantic.

 

HeeChul:

(Cringed in embarrassment)

Yah!

(Couldn’t say any word.)

 

          They gave their answer one by one:

 

Seungcheol: My ideal type.

Joshua: Someone I’m comfortable with.

Jun: He’s so angelic.

Wonwoo: He’s caring.

Hoshi: I love his smile.

Woozi: He’s kind.

DK: He’s gorgeous!

Mingyu: He’s kind and adorable.

The8: He’s my type! (Innocently revealed)

Seungkwan: I like it when he smiles for me.

 

          Meanwhile the two boys, Vernon, the confused one, and Dino who picked Joshua was interviewed.

 

HeeChul:

Are you confused Vernon-ssi?

 

Vernon:

(He nodded, wearing those innocent look provided by his lovely hazel-brown eyes.)

Yeah.

 

Defconn:

The reason?

 

Vernon:

I like Jeonghan hyung because he’s so kind and I like Seungkwan because he’s funny.

 

Seungkwan:

Yah!

(Laughed so hard.)

Am I a clown?

 

HeeChul:

Do you also consider the visuals?

(Thrilled to ask that question because it was going to be funny.)

 

          Vernon giggled when he saw that Seungkwan glaring at him. Jeonghan know that both of them were so close despite their different characters. The angel confidently assumed that his Di Caprio would pick Seungkwan because he knew that Vernon has a pure heart and would never lie.  He would not judge a person by looks. Also, Jeonghan knew that the hosts would be rather more surprised than the members.

 

          Vernon, being honest, chose Seungkwan over Jeonghan. The hosts were dumbfounded, without a doubt with their big eyes, and some of the members too; though, they knew that he would still pick Seungkwan because they’re very close.

 

Defconn:

That was unexpected!

(Laughing so hard.)

 

          They kept on laughing, while Seungkwan was flipping his imaginary long hair and acting like a girl, walking through the aisle. As expected, it all gave them an endless sound of laughter.

 

HeeChul:

Why did you choose him?

 

Vernon:

He makes me laugh and I’m comfortable with him.

(He answered the question sincerely.)

 

HeeChul:

How about me? Will you choose me?

(Curious)

 

Vernon:

I’m not sure because I don’t still know more about you. I know Seungkwan for a long time and he’s my friend.

(He smiled while Seungkwan was touched by his friend’s words.)

 

Heechul:

Woah! Woah!

(He clapped his hands)

It’s true love! Congratulations!

 

          Seungcheol, patted their cute Vernon’s head because he’s so adorable.

 

HeeChul:

What can you say, Jeonghan-ssi?

 

Jeonghan:

I already know that he’ll choose Seungkwan over me.

 

Defconn:

Why is that so?

 

Jeonghan:

Because they are always together.

 

Defconn:

And he has a lot of choices to choose from.

(Pointed to those members who likes him.)

 

HeeChul:

This drives me crazy!

(He proceeded to Dino.)

How about you, Dino-ssi? Why Joshua?

 

Dino:

I wanted to have Jeonghan hyung, but he’s more of a mother to me. Joshua hyung is sweet and caring. I like him if I’m gonna date a girl, I want his attitude and personality.

 

Joshua:

(Clapped his hand to their beloved maknae.)

Thanks bro!

 

Dino:

You’re the man, hyung!

 

Meanwhile…

 

Jeonghan:

Dino, Who’s baby are you?

 

Dino:

(Sighed)

Aigoo~ here he goes again.

(Displayed a hopeless expression.)

 

          Everybody was enjoying the Q&A, but there was one thing they were curious about. It was Jeonghan’s answer.

 

Defconn:

So Jeonghan-ssi, Did you make up your mind?

 

Jeonghan:

I can’t choose.

(Displayed a troubled cute face.)

 

Defconn came up with an idea and asked HeeChul to stand in the middle of the set, out of the blue. The guest host was confused until he received an instruction.

 

Defconn:

Okay, let’s have a game! It’s called: Win HeeChul’s heart.

 

HeeChul:

Why me?

It’s supposed to be Jeonghan, who’s doing this.

 

Defconn:

He’ll be doing it to you also.

(Instructed their stuffs to attach a heartbeat count machine on Heechul’s pulse. –I don’t know how it’s called- hehe.)

 

HeeChul:

What?

 

Defconn:

So they have the chance to show their charisma to their fans while Jeonghan is thinking. Act like a girl, Chulie.

Let’s see who’ll capture your heart.

 

HeeChul:

(He’s game for it and act in character.)

Okay, game! Game!

 

Defconn:

Ready, Seventeen?

 

Seventeen:

Yes!

 

Defconn:

From eldest…. Okay, action!

 

          Seungcheol came close to him and without any word, he put his arms over HeeChul’s shoulder and stare at him dearly. HeeChul obviously fell for the cool and handsome man beside him.

 

Defconn:

Yah! HeeChul-ah! Don’t tell me you gave up already?

 

HeeChul:

Maybe! Hahaha! He’s so cool with a bad guy image. I envy you!

(He envied him because he couldn’t achieve that image.)

 

Defconn:

Are you sure you’re just envy not in love?

(He .)

 

HeeChul:

I don’t know!

(He joked and laughed so hard.)

 

Defconn:

Next! Jeonghan-ssi?

 

          Jeonghan held HeeChul’s hands and looked at his eyes and gave him a bright smile saying ‘I love you’. HeeChul, on the other hand, covered his mouth while holding back his giggles and avoided looking at Jeonghan’s face.

 

HeeChul:

Yah! I can’t look.

He’s so pretty! But it surprised me that he’s manly.

 

          HeeChul’s heart was suffering from a severe palpitation after the first two boys’ courting. Then, Defconn asked Joshua. Joshua said no word and embraced HeeChul from the back, locking his arms into HeeChul’s waist; moreover, the gentleman lean his chin on the host’s shoulders.

 

HeeChul:

Oh, boy! I need an ambulance!

(Holding his poor heart.)

 

          It brought them laughter in the set, even the directors and the staffs couldn’t stop laughing.

 

Defconn:

Next!

 

          Jun knew that he was the next one, and went close to HeeChul’s face. HeeChul, on the other hand, went back unintentionally. The quiet man went close to his face, making everybody cringed seeing those cheesy moves. JunHui brushed HeeChul’s cheek saying ‘You have something on your cheeks.’ Then, smiled after.

 

Hoshi:

Yaaaaah!

(With his body curled on his seat.)

 

Defconn:

Wow!

Okay, next!

(He was really entertained by the intense acting.)

 

          Before Wonwoo steps on the middle of the set, Defconn whispered something to him. The serious-faced man laughed when he heard Defconn’s suggestion. He went to get HeeChul’s hand and pulled him somewhere with a wall. He asked HeeChul to get ready before he acts.

 

          Wonwoo was already in the character, and gave an evil gaze to HeeChul. He pushed the innocent, clueless HeeChul to the wall, while he leaned close to his partner. Slowly, he’s getting closer to HeeChul’s ears and whispered ‘You’re mine.’ After a few seconds, the young man apologized.

 

          HeeChul’s heart was on an emergency state.

 

Wonwoo:

(Bowed his head 90 degrees.)

I apologize.

 

Audience:

(Clapped intensely)

Wooooh!

 

Defconn:

That was hot! Nice job, Wonwoo-yah!

(He was satisfied with his direction.)

 

PD:

(He joked.)

Call the ambulance!

(Said loudly at the background.)

 

HeeChul:

Yah! That’s dangerous!

 

Defconn:

Can you still do this HeeChul-ssi?

 

HeeChul:

Kill me!

 

Defconn:

Hahaha! Alright. Next! Hoshi-ssi?

          Hoshi has this aura that he can be serious and funny sometimes. Hoshi came close to their leading lady/man. He borrowed a jacket and pretended that it was raining. The cute Soon Young came near to HeeChul and stared sweetly. He used the jacket to be their umbrella while running.

 

          Next was Woozi, who composed a love song using an acoustic guitar to melt HeeChul’s dying heart. DK came next and sang a beautiful love song with his angelic voice; though, he maintained his unique character by giving him a tin can ring to propose to HeeChul. (*The tin can ring came from a soda can they were drinking during their break.)

 

          Mingyu, on the other hand, pretended to save HeeChul by catching him from falling with his face close to him. HeeChul melted right away as Mingyu fixed his gaze on him. While, The8 held HeeChul’s hand and face him giving the host an adorable smile. Then, he shove HeeChul’s hair behind his ears.

 

For the youngest members, Seungkwan sang a song and made HeeChul laugh; eventhough, he was trying to be romantic. On the other hand, Vernon just smiled at him and intertwined his fingers to the man next to him. And not but not the least, Dino pretended to surprise his ‘girlfriend’ by covering HeeChul’s eyes and whispered ‘Hi, Ms. Beautiful!’ Upon seeing what their little dinosaur did, they cringed their hands on their seats.

 

Defconn:

HeeChul-ah, how are you? Are you still alive?

 

HeeChul:

I’m not sure.

(In daze.)

 

Defconn:

If you are a girl, HeeChul-ssi, who’s your ideal type among them?

 

HeeChul:

Oh! That’s kinda hard. I understand Jeonghan now.

(Looked at Jeonghan)

Have you make your mind already?

 

Jeonghan:

Oh! I think so.

 

          Everybody was anticipating it.

 

Jeonghan:

I think, I’d like a girl that will take good care of me and make me smile.

 

Defconn:

Time to choose.

 

Jeonghan:

I choose Seungkwan. Same as Vernon. Or DK

 

HeeChul:

Is your choice different if you are a girl?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah.

(Smiled)

 

          The boys were relieved that they still had a chance. They understood that they were more qualified to be the leading man, not the leading lady on Jeonghan’s life.

 

HeeChul:

Then, will you consider Defconn?

(.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Go with the flow.)

Maybe I’ll consider.

(Giggled.)

 

Defconn:

(Pretended to be shy.)

Woah!

 

HeeChul:

What’s your ideal type if you’re a woman?

(Asked Jeonghan out of curiosity.)

Let’s see who will fit the description.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh! Okay.

(He smiled cutely while thinking of an answer.)

I have to be detailed on this.

(Like he was sure of his ideal type.)

 

HeeChul:

Okay.

 

Jeonghan:

(Remembered their dates)

I’d like a man, well if I’m a woman, I’d like someone who’d give me cotton candy and say that he wants to marry me. –The8

(Getting ready for another description)

Who would ask me out to eat at different stalls in the market; -DK

Who would say ‘I love you’ even if I’m sleeping; -S.Coups

Hmmm…

A man who would bring breakfast on my bed and let me trust him with everything; -Vernon

Who’d make a love song for me; -Woozi

(Counting by his hands.)

Who’d bring me at the rooftop to gaze at the stars while eating samgyupsal; -Hoshi

 

Defconn:

It’s very detailed, so listen. I might be qualified.

(He joked)

 

Jeonghan:

(Continued after giggling over Defconn’s line.)

Mmmm… Who’d say he’d protect me and lets me rest in his arms when I’m tired; -Dino

Who’d sing for me and make me laugh every time; -Seungkwan

Who would steal a kiss from my cheeks during my sleep and never complain when he’s carrying me on his back; -Jun

Who’d drag me early in the morning to witness the sunrise in HanRiver; -Wonwoo

Who’d be my no.1 fan and makes sure that everything is perfect on our date, even if something wrong happened, he could still manage; -Mingyu

And the one who’d see me as his most important one than anything in this world. –Joshua.

(Paused for a second.)

Let’s leave it like that.

 

 

HeeChul:

You sure are the meticulous type. It’s hard to court you.

I’m sure Defconn-hyung doesn’t fit on any of those characteristics!

(He teased his hyung.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Laughed)

Let’s give him a chance.

(Winked)

 

Defconn:

Thank you for your consideration.

Those are pretty simple but important things in a relationship, though.

(He continued.)

If I am a woman, maybe, I’ll have the same criteria.

 

HeeChul:

The question is, hyung- if you are a woman, will there be any man who’d dare to court you?

(Teased the big rapper on his side.)

 

          As a result, HeeChul was chased by Defconn, and grabbed his collar as his punishment. Everyone burst into laughter upon witnessing them.

 

          At the end of the day, they were all tired. All they wanted to do was to get back home, take a shower, and sleep.

 

On their way home, Coups, Joshua, Jeonghan, Hoshi, Jun, and Vernon were riding in the same van, while Mingyu, Wonwoo, DK, Seungkwan, The8, Dino, and Woozi were on the other vehicle.

 

          On Coups’ van, Jeonghan was already dozing off. After several minutes, he fell asleep swaying his head from back and from and side to side, following the movement of the van. He was already in his deep sleep, he almost leaned on Coups’ shoulder who’s on his right side. On the other hand, Coups was ready to catch him, when Joshua, on Jeonghan’s left side, pulled his head gently on his shoulders to rest.

 

Joshua:

(Stayed cool and talked to Seungcheol fearlessly.)

I will not allow you to touch him until you fix your problem.

 

SeungCheol:

(He was totally astonished of the way Joshua instructed him.)

What?

(Became serious.)

Tsk!

(Smirked.)

 

          The other boys were startled with the conversation of their hyungs and stayed quiet on their seats.

 

Seungcheol:

Who allowed you to dictate what I have to do?

(His expression was getting more serious.)

 

Joshua:

(Looked at him sternly.)

You. You don’t remember?

(Giving their leader with an evil grin.)

‘Keep him away from me.’ You remember now?

(Made him remember what he said with his airy voice.)

Hoshi?

(Hoshi looked at him and did not say anything because he did not want to get involved as much as possible.)

Change seats with Coups.

 

          The younger ones looked at each other, and told Hoshi to just listen to Joshua. Hoshi sighed first, and gathered all his strength to do what Joshua instructed him to do.

 

Hoshi:

Excuse me, hyung.

(Cleared his throat.)

Just following orders.

 

Seungcheol:

(Hushed for a while in disbelief.)

Yah, who do you think is your leader?

 

          Hoshi froze, but Joshua kept on telling him to exchange seats with Cheol. The atmosphere was tensed and it made the van silent.

 

Joshua:

Leader-nim, make sure to fix everything else. Just follow your own orders for now. Stay calm and we’ll be fine.

(He said softly yet firmly.)

 

          Seungcheol had no power to fight with Joshua that time because he has a point. He obediently exchanged seats with Hoshi, and the poor Soon Young did the same. As soon as, Hoshi sat beside Jeonghan, he entwined his hands to Jeonghan’s and wore a big smile. Joshua noticed it and gave him a gentle warning.

 

Joshua:

Hoshi-ah~ Don’t abuse it.

(Smiled softly at him.)

 

Soon Young:

I’m not, hyung!

(Defended himself.)

 

          The time they arrived home, Jeonghan was still in his sleep. Joshua tapped their angel’s cheeks to wake him up. but he won’t open his eyes. He looked so tired. They had no choice but to carry him to his bed.

 

S.Coups:

Le-

(His words were paused by Jun.)

 

Jun:

(Volunteered.)

I’ll carry him!

 

          Seungcheol really felt that he’s on a war; though, he never think that everyone was against him. It’s his fault after all. He let Jun carry Jeonghan to his bed.

 

Joshua:

Cheol…

From now on, it’s a competition.

(Smirked with his sarcastic sweet smile.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Sighed)

Then, I have to compete with all of you, I guess.

(Smirked.)

 

                                                                                                  -The End-

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

 

Hi guys! Obviously, this story will not end here. I’m preparing to make a sequel entitled “Behind the Scenes: Cue”.

(here's the link) https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1255813/behind-the-scenes-cue-comedy-bromance-seventeen-meanie-jihan-wonhan-seunghan-cheolsoo-minghan-verkwan-junhan-seventeen17-jeongcheol-junshua-gyuhan-seokhan-woohan-soonhan-saythename17-verhan

I had to cut it here because I’m planning to put the story into another level. Sweeter than sweet, I guess. :D

Let’s see how Cheol and Hannie will fix their problem. In addition, watch out for the other members showing their love for Jeonghan to the next level, and Jeonghan’s reaction to it.

I hope you enjoy reading my story. Thank you so much for your love and support. :D I apologize for my poor writing skills. ;) See you in the next volume? –am I right? Haha!

Also, please do not forget to leave a comment below. Any comments, suggestions, or even …violent reaction? (I hope this story did not make you angry.). Lol! I would be glad hearing your feedback. Speak what’s in your heart. Don’t be shy. :D I would really appreciate it!

 

          -See you! :D