세븐틴: Joshua's Love Song

Behind the Scenes: Standby

세븐틴: Date with an Angel part 5: Joshua's Love Song

 

Jeonghan was left in a dark place alone worrying that Mingyu got hurt. He planned to go outside then, suddenly, his phone rang and it was a call from Mingyu. Jeonghan answered it as soon as possible, hoping that he was alright.

 

Mingyu:

Hello? Jeonghan a?

 

Jeonghan:

Are you hurt?

(Biting his nails.)

 

Mingyu:

I’m alright. I am worried that you’ll worry about me.

 

Jeonghan:

What happened?

 

Mingyu:

The car hit the post after I went in the store.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank goodness you’re okay. Come as fast as you can.

I cannot rest until I see you safe and sound.

 

Mingyu:

Don’t worry, I’m just fine. I’ll be there in a while. Sorry I left you there alone.

(I’ll) Be back as soon as possible.

Saranghae~

(He imitated Jeonghan’s way of saying it.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Felt warmth in his heart.)

Saranghae~ Take care.

(He patiently waited for him at the shed.)

 

Mingyu:

Did you miss me?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. So come back as fast as you can.

 

          Upon hearing those words, Mingyu’s heart is filled with joy. He was excited to go back. Mingyu was looking for an umbrella while the delivery man came to deliver his order inside the convenient store. He called them when they were stock in the shed. He got the order but he had no umbrella because it was already sold. People gathered inside the convenient store waiting for the rain to stop, and he was having a hard time getting himself out of the crowd. He bought drinks too and carried their food back to the shed without any umbrella.

 

          Mingyu was visible to Jeonghan’s eyes so he felt relieved. He was just worried that Mingyu could get a fever.

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan a! Sorry to keep you waiting.

 

Jeonghan:

You really like to say my name, aren’t you?

(He found it amusing.)

 

Mingyu:

Yes.

Anyway, let’s eat here if that’s okay with you?

I tried to find an umbrella for us but it’s out of stock and there’s a lot of people inside. I can hardly go out.

Sorry for this.

 

Jeonghan:

Omo!

My prince is worried. I’m totally fine.

(Gave his date a heart-melting smile.)

When did you order this?

 

Mingyu:

(The prince thing lingered in his thoughts and was really glad to hear it.)

Since we’re stock here.

(Smiled widely.)

 

Jeonghan:

Good job!

As expected of our Mingyu!

 

          They ate a good food under a heavy rainfall in an unfamiliar dark place. They talked about a lot of things and Mingyu was enjoying the situation; even though, it didn’t go well with his plan. What happened was unplanned but it was quite interesting.

 

Mingyu:

Why is it not stopping?

(He started to worry because they needed to change their clothes to prevent them from getting sick.)

 

Jeonghan:

We can go now if you want?

 

Mingyu:

But you’ll get wet again. I will not allow it.

(Thinking of any other way out.)

 

Jeonghan:

Thanks, Mingyu a.

(Stared at him)

You’re so reliable.

(He smiled so bright that he lightened up Mingyu’s vision.)

 

          Jeonghan seemed to feel cold. Mingyu came close to him and secured him. They stayed quiet for a while and Jeonghan became drowsy. Mingyu just watched him all the time while Jeonghan was observing the rain.

 

          Mingyu came close to him and kissed him on his cheek which made Jeonghan astounded. Mingyu composed himself like it was nothing and sang a love song while the rain is pouring heavily.

 

Jeonghan:

Miiingyuuu?!

(Looked at him with a squinting mad eyes.)

 

Mingyu:

(Smiled at him admitting that he sinned.)

Sorry.

I did that because you are so beautiful.

 

Jeonghan:

Really? You find me beautiful?

 

Mingyu:

Everybody does.

How can you have such a pretty face that everybody wants to own you.

(He was pissed a little.)

Moreover…

 

Jeonghan:

You have something to tell me?

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan a…

 

Jeonghan:

Yes?

(Stayed cool in the outside but he was scared inside his heart because he wasn’t sure of Mingyu’s next words.)

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan a…

Nothing. It amazed me calling you just by name.

 

Jeonghan:

Alright. I’ll let you when no one is around.

 

          Mingyu suddenly embraced him but he remembered he was still wet. He apologized and just watched his angel closely with a dreamy pose. Jeonghan noticed him. He never denied to himself that Mingyu’s smile could leave him breathless because it was so pure; in addition, his canine teeth are very y and attractive. Jeonghan thought that; although, he’s childish and clumsy sometimes, you can rely on him most of the time.

 

Jeonghan:

Yah! What now?

 

Mingyu:

You’re just beautiful Jeonghan-ah.

 

Jeonghan:

It makes me feel that I am meeting my no. 1 fan.

 

Mingyu:

Maybe?

 

Jeonghan:

So adorable.

Somehow it makes me think that you’re older than me…

(Saw how manly and, at the same time, adorable Mingyu is.)

Anyway…

Give me your phone. Let’s post something on our account.

 

          They decided to post their pictures waiting in the dark for the rain to stop to ease the boredom. Then took several picture, one after another.

 

The rain began to pour lightly.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu a, let’s go home. I’m sleepy.

 

Mingyu:

Wait, Han-ah. I’ll go somewhere. Just for a second.

(He seemed saw a solution to their problem.)

 

 

          Once again he went out in the rain. Mingyu approached a lady carrying two umbrellas and asked her if he could buy the other one, instead. The young lady was astonished by a tall, handsome man who approached her. She gave it right away without expecting any payment because she couldn’t use it anymore, after seeing her fiancé kissing another girl. She brought those umbrella and went out inspite of the heavy rain because she knew that her boyfriend didn’t have any umbrella with him when he left their house. No wonder that it would become Mingyu and Jeonghan’s lucky item.

 

          Mingyu came back to the shed fetching Jeonghan. They walked home since they did not find any vacant taxi that time. Mingyu offered his back to Jeonghan but Jeonghan refused it because Wonwoo said he was heavy. They came home just in time and took a shower immediately and changed their clothes. Mingyu made sure that his hyung already took his medicine before going to bed.

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan a. Thank you.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you too.

(Winked cutely.)

 

Mingyu:

Aigoo~ Giyowo (so cute)

Good night, Han ah.

 

Jeonghan:

Good night my prince~

 

          The next day, Mingyu got a fever. Jeonghan scolded him while taking care of him.

 

Jeonghan:

That’s what I am telling you!

 

Mingyu:

I’m fine, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m fine your face!

 

          Mingyu just smiled at him and loved how Jeonghan scolded him. He fell asleep easily with Jeonghan’s touch. While Joshua was inside their recording studio, arranging some songs for their next performance. He asked Jeonghan if he could help him. Jeonghan responded immediately.  Jihoon was supposed to help them out but since Mingyu got sick, he replaced him, instead.

 

          Joshua was very focused in every strum of his guitar because he was trying to figure out the best melody that fits the song. Jeonghan, on the other hand, assisted him in any way he could. It’s been a while since they were left alone. It felt nostalgic for the both of them singing together after finishing the arrangement of their new song.

 

          Joshua was enjoying their little time together; though, it was not something he planned to do to spend the time with Jeonghan. He was planning something special but their time wouldn’t allow him to arrange it.

 

          After a while, Jeonghan’s nose bled. Joshua, who was with him, stayed calm and get the first aid kid.

 

Jeonghan:

Oops!

(The blood runs through his nose endlessly.)

 

Joshua:

Stay still.

(Knew what he had to do.)

I’ll get it (ice).

 

Jeonghan:

Thanks.

 

          Joshua was busy in their kitchen gathering everything he needed to stop Jeonghan’s nose bleed. Suddenly, a loud sound bounced up to the kitchen. He assume that something fell inside the recording studio so he dashed to the small room to check on Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m sorry.

 

          He tripped on the floor with Joshua’s guitar and it was broken. Jeonghan was trying to cover the damage while thinking of a solution. He knew that Joshua might get angry if he saw what happened to his precious guitar.

 

Joshua:

You okay?

(Showed a worried expression.)

 

Jeonghan:

Ah, yeah.

(Bit his lips while avoiding Joshua’s eyes.)

 

Joshua:

What happened?

 

Jeonghan:

Actually, I have something to tell you.

Don’t get mad.

Promise, I’ll fix it.

(Started to make a move.)

 

Joshua:

(He immediately aided Jeonghan by wiping his face taking the blood that stained his flawless face.)

I know it already. (The broken guitar.)

You are more important than my guitar. It’s not a big deal.

(Carefully checked Jeonghan by inspecting his body if he acquired wounds or bruises.)

 

          Jeonghan was relived and was touched by Joshua’s kind words. He is truly a gentlemen and he adored him so much.

 

Joshua:

How do you feel right now? I want you to be honest.

(Asked him seriously)

 

Jeonghan:

Well, I just got dizzy when I tried to stand up to get a tissue.

 

Joshua:

You sure that’s all?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah.

 

Joshua:

You were exposed to the rain yesterday.

(Checked if he had a fever too.)

You have a fever!

(He scolded him right away.)

 

Joshua:

You’re doing it again.

(Frowned his brows.)

 

Jeonghan:

The what?

 

Joshua:

Abusing yourself by not saying ‘No’ to others’ request.

We’ve been practicing a lot and I know it exhausted your body a lot but then you still-

(Halted his words by the beauty in front of him.)

 

Jeonghan:

You mean, the day out?

I’m totally fine. Actually, it helped me relax.

 

Joshua:

Yeah. I get it but you should also consider your body, Jeonghan ah. You might feel relaxed but your body can’t still handle heavy activities.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m so sorry.

It was never my intention to make you all worry about me.

 

          Joshua smiled as he came close to Jeonghan and continued wiping Jeonghan’s angelic face gently. Their beautiful eyes met each other that made Jeonghan a little shy because it was too close. The angel’s cheeks blushed as Joshua admired his beauty so close. So close that the tip of their noses touched. The gentleman open his y lips slightly, attempting to reach the skin next to it, which flustered Jeonghan’s heart. However, Joshua acted normally that it looked like it was never his intention to touch those irresistible lips Jeonghan has. Joshua smirked but there’s regret behind those teasing smile.

 

Joshua:

(He acted normal.)

Change your clothes. You look like you murdered someone.

 

          Joshua got his phone to order their food since Mingyu was sick so that they don’t have to cook anymore. Joshua proposed that after eating, Jeonghan needed to go to his bed and rest. Without any words, the beautiful being nodded as a sign that he understood his instructions well.

 

The slender man observed his guitar and found out that it’s badly broken. He needed to replace it because the damage couldn’t be fixed anymore.

 

On the other hand, Jeonghan changed his clothes and washed his face to remove the excess blood stain on his cheeks. He looked at the mirror and got really dizzy all of a sudden. He attempted to shout to call for help but couldn’t say any word.

 

          Meanwhile, Joshua noticed that his friend took so long washing his face in the bathroom. He knocked at the door. Fortunately, it was not closed. He pushed the knob and opened the door widely. Joshua saw Jeonghan gripping on the sink to carry his weight.

 

Jeonghan:

Joshu-

 

          He felt terribly ill and fell on his knees. Joshua caught him before he reached the ground; moreover, the mirror fell on the floor shattered in pieces. Joshua managed to push the mirror away; however, he got a piece of glass that pierced his hand badly. The disturbing sound wake Mingyu up and automatically rushed to the place where the sound came from.

 

          Joshua held Jeonghan firmly with his right arm leaving Jeonghan’s head lean against his cheeks.

 

Mingyu:

(Ran fast)

Hyung!

(He was surprised with the amount of blood he saw on the floor.)

Are you both okay?

You are hurt?!

(He started to panic but Joshua stayed so calm that it wasn’t visible that his wounds were that bad.)

 

Joshua:

(Calmly ordered Mingyu to prepare the bed.)

Mingyu, prepare the bed first and call Coups. We might need to bring him to the hospital again. I think it was because of the rain.

 

Mingyu:

I’m so sorry.

 

Joshua:

It’s alright. I know you did your best to protect him.

You cannot predict the rain.

(Consoled him.)

 

Mingyu:

I will be extra careful next time.

 

Joshua:

It has been only a short time since he came out of the hospital. His immune system hasn’t recovered yet so this might really happen.

(Remained calm inspite of the pain on his left hand.)

 

Mingyu:

Hyung, we need to cure your hand first. You’re badly hurt.

(He looked like he was the one who got cut through his expression.)

 

Joshua:

Just call a taxi.

(Because their vans were being used by the other members.)

 

          They rushed Jeonghan to the hospital and might as well get themselves a check-up. Jeonghan and Mingyu were okay, while Joshua had his hand stitched because the wound was deep.

 

Mingyu:

(He stayed at his Joshua hyung’s side and seemed like he was enduring the pain for Joshua.)

Ah, hyung!

I can’t look.

 

Joshua:

(It was obvious on his face that it hurts a lot.)

Then, don’t lo-

Ah!

(He felt a severe pain crawling through his veins.)

 

Mingyu:

Hyung~

(He was so worried.)

 

          Jeonghan knew that he caused a big trouble this time. He looked for them and the nurse led him to the emergency room. He found out that Joshua had stitches on his left hand. It was not so serious but Jeonghan felt terrible about it. He hurried to them and held Joshua’s hand. He felt like crying but Joshua told him not to.

 

Jeonghan:

I already done it.

(Sad)

 

Joshua:

Look, it’s not your fault.

(Patted Jeonghan’s head.)

 

Jeonghan:

It is.

(He finally sobbed.)

 

Joshua:

(Hushed him and wiped his tears gently and gave him a gentle smile.)

This is nothing serious. Nothing to worry about.

 

          Jeonghan continued crying.

 

Joshua:

I’ll feel better if you stop crying and stop blaming yourself.

 

Jeonghan:

I broke your guitar and now I hurt you.

(He’s whining like a little girl because he was so guilty of what happened.)

 

Joshua:

Listen, this is better than getting you killed by those broken glasses.

Stop crying. You’re ugly!

 

          But in Joshua’s mind, his heart melt when he saw Jeonghan crying for him. Mingyu, on the other hand, saw how Joshua managed Jeonghan properly. He was so delicate yet he can control Jeonghan who has a strong character. Mingyu got a bit jealous but he was relieved that everyone was fine.

 

          When they got home, Jeonghan changed Joshua’s bandage immediately. Jeonghan was so worried and it was written all over his face.

 

Joshua:

You’re ugly

(He again.)

 

Jeonghan:

No time for that. Can’t you see? I’m feeling so bad right now.

 

Joshua:

I don’t want you to feel bad. It makes me more worried.

Just thank me because without me, you will not see your beautiful face anymore.

(Saying that he rescued Jeonghan’s beautiful face from the sharp and deadly glass; moreover, Joshua let Jeonghan know that he’s beautiful in his eyes.)

 

Jeonghan:

Not funny.

 

Joshua:

Its better be this way than the other.

(He stared at him with a smile.)

 

Jeonghan:

What?

(He caught him smiling at him.)

Is there something funny?

 

Joshua:

I’m just happy.

 

Jeonghan:

About what?

Getting hurt?

(Said sarcastically while rolling the bandage around Joshua’s delicate hands.)

 

Joshua:

You’re worried about me this much.

 

Jeonghan:

You’re weird.

 

Joshua:

Yeah, I agree.

Take care of yourself so this won’t happen again.

(He scolded him with love.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Sighed.)

I know.

How can you forgive me?

 

Joshua:

You want to know?

Come close to me.

 

Jeonghan came close to him and gave him his ear because Joshua gestured that he planned to whisper something but instead, Joshua caressed Jeonghan’s angelic face and came closer to him.

 

Joshua:

Knowing that you’re okay is fine.

(He whispered with a sweet smile. He pushed his body from Jeonghan because he prevented himself from doing something weird, and he started to boss him around.)

Now, since I cannot do things properly for a while. You’ll be my servant and stay by my side... ALWAYS!

(He took advantage of it.)

 

Jeonghan:

Yah! I thought, you forgive me already.

 

Joshua:

Just think of this as a help for those who are in need.

 

Jeonghan:

(Smiled back at him.)

Alright.

 

Joshua:

Do you love me?

 

Jeonghan:

Of course! I love you very much! You know that.

 

Joshua:

Then do as I say.

(Smirked.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Sighed)

You’re like a king with absolute powers. Tsk!

Fine. I’ll just go and check Mingyu there.

 

Joshua:

(Called Jeonghan before going to the bathroom)

Be careful next time.

(Wore a sad face.)

 

Jeonghan:

I will. Thank you.

(He looked at him again to say something.)

Ah! Joshua yah!

 

Joshua:

What?

 

Jeonghan:

Saranghae~

 

Joshua:

(He smiled; though, he restraint his lips to open widely.)

I love you too.

Go and check him now. (Mingyu)

(Jeonghan went out of the room.)

If I could just…

(Sighed and cut his sentence.)

 

_______

 

What Are We?

Written by: Paola Uy                    05-24-2017

 

(JOSHUAxJEONGHAN)

 

On and off, like a city at night

Where the lights turn on and off

Quite similar with your heart

That goes on and off.

(goes on and off, on and off.) *bg music

 

Vast and steep, like the road in the mountains

Some are vast, some are steep.

Quite alike your love

That leads me to a vast, but sometimes steep paths.

(Leads me to a vast, but sometimes steep paths.) *bg music

 

*Chorus

What are we? What are we?

I’m confused. (I’m confused.)

The more I hide, the more I love.

I’m lost. (I’m lost.)

The more I walk away, the more I come close.

I’m thorn. (I’m thorn.)

The more I refuse, the more I desire.

So what are we? What are we?

Tell me, what are we?

Where will you lead my fragile heart?

Answer me. Answer me.

 

To fall or to fly?

I am standing at the edge of the cliff.

I’m thorn with what I feel,

Asking the questions

To fall or to fly?

Fall deeper in love or

To fly high with no direction?

(To fly or to fall? To fly or to fall?) *bg music

 

Calm to rapid, like a stream in the river

That flows calmly, sometimes rapidly.

Like my heart that beats calmly,

Until you came, shaking it rapidly.

(You came shaking it rapidly.) *bg music

 

*Chorus

What are we? What are we?

I’m confused. (I’m confused.)

The more I hide, the more I love.

I’m lost. (I’m lost.)

The more I walk away, the more I come close.

I’m thorn. (I’m thorn.)

The more I refuse, the more I desire.

So what are we? What are we?

Tell me, what are we?

Where will you lead my fragile heart?

Answer me. Answer me.

 

Rewind or Forward?

Like a vintage cassette player

Attached with a rewind and forward button

For the purpose of going back and forth.

Same as my heart

That's trapped with the choices

Of moving on or moving back.

(moving on or moving back?)*bg music

 

So what are we? What are we?

Tell me, what are we?

Where will you lead my fragile heart

Answer me. Answer me.

What are we?

 

*A song of Joshua to his beloved angel.

_______

 

Mingyu was cleaning the bathroom alone and Jeonghan went there to remind him to be cautious.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu ah! Be c-

(He heard a shout coming from the bathroom and knew he cut himself.)

Yah! I was just about to tell you to be careful!

 

          Jeonghan went to the bathroom and checked Mingyu out. Mingyu hurt his fingers.

 

Jeonghan:

Come here!

(He aided Mingyu’s poor finger.)

I got this.

Rest now, you still have fever.

 

Mingyu:

You too!

 

Jeonghan:

Okay, let’s fix this immediately, then.

(They worked together.)