세븐틴: ColLOVEoration

Behind the Scenes: Standby

세븐틴: ColLOVEoration

 

Every day had been a busy day for thirteen charming princes for they had a fully loaded schedule after their concert and shooting across Asia. One time they had this separate agenda which they divided themselves with one person per unit. The first group would be their team leader, S.Coups, Jun, Vernon and Joshua who would be guesting on a variety show held abroad; the second group were DK, Woozi and Seungkwan who would be performing & hosting on several talent and variety shows. The last group who’d be Jeonghan, Wonwoo, Hoshi and Dino who would be collaborating with the other idol groups for a mini concert. While Mingyu and The 8 participated on separate shows. Mingyu was scheduled separately for runways and commercial shoots. On the other hand, The8 participated on a separate variety show.

 

          Seventeen members started another journey of their lives for the year 2017.

 

The team of S.Coups participated on a variety show which episode was entitled ‘survival game’. Seventeen was known to be good at surviving since they had their appearance on One Fine Day “13 Castaway boys.” Though, this one was a bit different because they had to stay on a real deserted island and fight to survive. It has been tough for them but they managed to survive because of their determination. They never plan to give up.

 

          DK, Woozi, and Seungkwan were so busy covering few songs for their advertisements; in addition to that, they also hosted some shows and participated to different variety programs.

 

Whereas Jeonghan, Wonwoo, Hoshi, and Dino would be working on a collaboration with a few members of Got 7 and Monsta X for a concert.

 

Mingyu board a plane in preparation for the shooting of a commercial abroad.

 

Last but not the least, The8 participated a show for foreign idols that measures their knowledge about Korean culture and the Korean language.

 

The boys would not be seeing each other for a while that was why they just check each other through calls and messages. They were already missing each other; nevertheless, they had to just work hard and wait for the days to come that they would be united again.

 

          Jeonghan and his babies went to a dorm which they will be living with the other idol groups for a week. When they greeted each other, everything was fine but they could never eliminate the fact that it was still awkward for them since they do not belong to the same group to start with. They couldn’t figure out how to begin with. Except for a young and vigorous man who has full of confidence who felt comfortable right from the very start. Jackson from Got 7 acted comfortably like he was just at home with his brothers. In addition to that, he was so fascinated on Jeonghan’s feminine features that he kept on staring at him and tried to talk to him. He was a little shy at first- which is the first time that those feelings came to him in a very long time- but as Jeonghan smiled and talked to him, he slowly became at ease with him and tell him how beautiful he is every time they crosses paths.

 

          -Jackson and Jeonghan’s first encounter-

 

Jackson:

This is really strange.

(Staring at Jeonghan.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He was surprised and clueless of Jackson’s greeting.)

The what?

 

Jackson:

You really look beautiful.

 

The other members heard what Jackson said and apologize for him because of his rudeness. While Jeonghan just thanked him for the compliment and giggled gracefully finding him cute to act really weird for their first encounter; though, he was a bit surprised because he never knew that Jackson is really so bold and fearless when talking.

 

          All of them were observing each other because they were still awkward. Then, Jackson suddenly invited all of them to play basketball before they start practicing. Slowly, they were getting along; moreover, they decided to order food outside after their fun exercise. While eating, they had a nice chit chat and bonding together like they were new trainees of a company.

 

          They started brainstorming after their meal, and carefully chose the choreography that they planned to perform. They tried to figure out how they would add something to make an impact to their performance. The dancers stayed in the practice room while some of them brought some refreshments to energize the other members

 

Jackson was out of his mind that time because he was busy staring at Jeonghan. He came near to him and approached him once again.

 

Jackson:

Hey!

(He stared at him all the time as if he’d never see him again.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Looked at him and greeted him back.)

Yes?

(He responded sweetly.)

 

Jackson:

(Thought of any topic that would connect them.)

You’re really good at basketball.

(He thought of something to ask next but he was running out of words.)

 

Jeonghan:

Thanks.

(Jeonghan doesn’t like awkward question and answers so he thanked him and asked him another question to continue the conversation.)

You seemed sporty. Do you like playing sports a lot?

 

Jackson:

Not really. Mmm… maybe? I don’t know.

(Then, he couldn’t think of any questions again so he jumped into something common but something weird to ask at the moment.)

So,

(Leaving a long thinking sound.)

 What’s your favourite color?

(He said the question with a serious blank expression.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Laughed to his simple yet unusual timing question.)

What?

(He couldn’t stop laughing.)

 

          Once again, Jackson was captured by those angelic laughter Jeonghan has and couldn’t help but smile and cherish every moment he could.

 

          The other Got 7 members told him to stop being awkward and to stay quiet if he doesn’t know what to say. Then everyone was laughing while Jackson couldn’t get over from admiring Jeonghan. They practiced once more and arrived to a final but a little rough presentation. They started polishing their performance and dance until they dropped. They lay their bodies on the floor to rest while waiting for their turn to take a shower before sleeping.

 

While waiting, Dino and Jeonghan were calling their other members at the corner near a window when Hoshi and Wonwoo interrupted them and join the conversation. They truly miss one another and kept repeating the words ‘I miss you so much’.

 

          Day by day, they were creating bonds with the other boys by doing some chores inside the house. Minhyuk from Monsta X came near to Seventeen members to help them set up the table for lunch. They were good friends since they did a show before so he was comfortable to hang out with them already. They were preparing ramyeon for their soup. Jeonghan and Wonwoo were the one who’s in charge of cooking remyeon when Minhyuk followed them and had a little chat. Jackson and the other Got7 members were the one who were assigned to prepare the table.

 

While waiting on their food, all gathered in the living room and played a game. Minhyuk approached Jeonghan after they got eliminated on the game and they were busy talking like they had their own world. Minhyuk liked talking to Jeonghan up close and kept teasing him but Jeonghan, as always, laughed at it or sometimes fires back at him.

 

Hoshi got eliminated too and stared at the exciting game while lying on Jeonghan’s lap. On the other hand, Jeonghan was playing on Hoshi’s chubby cheeks and he did not care because he was so focused in watching a nerve-racking game. It was noticeable that after all the Seventeen members got eliminated, they gathered around their eldest. They clung on him like he was an angel sitting on a pillow of soft clouds just to watch the game. They were having so much fun until Jackson called them for their meal. Everyone went to the table and Minhyuk helped Jeonghan to stand up and held hands together while walking to the kitchen. Jackson noticed them and got envious because he wanted to get close to him. That was when he decided to seat beside wherever Jeonghan chose to seat. He asked Hoshi if they could change their seats.

 

Jackson:

Hoshi, can we change seats?

 

Hoshi:

(He noticed that he wanted to seat beside Jeonghan.)

I get it. You really want to get close to Hanie hyung.

(He agreed with Jackson’s request.)

 

Jackson:

(He just nods without hesitation.)

Yes.

 

          They were enjoying their meal and since they were also plenty and hungry, the meal wasn’t enough to fill their stomachs.

 

Dino:

I’m still hungry.

 

Jeonghan:

(He still had his noodles and gave it to his baby generously.)

Eat more.

(Then, he smiled and after.)

Our baby needs to eat more because he’s growing.

 

Dino:

Ah- hyung~ Stop teasing me that.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. I got it. Sorry.

(He finds him cute and couldn’t stop smiling at him.)

 

Dino:

Thank you Jeonghan hyung. How about you?

 

Jeonghan:

I am already full by just watching you.

(He like a mom with a child whose son is hitting on his puberty then laughed.)

 

Hoshi:

Our baby is still growing. Good job!

(He more.)

 

Dino:

Hyung~

(He was annoyed; nevertheless, he just ate and ignored them.)

 

          They were all cracking jokes and laughing while Jackson finds Jeonghan intresting because sometimes he just acted carelessly as a man but at the same time, he could act like a woman. Same thing that amused Minhyuk. They resumed practicing after a short break. It was so hot and at that caused Jackson’s nose bled. The others ran to get some ice and towel. He was playing he was hurt when he’s in front of Jeonghan; nevertheless, it was pretty obvious that he was just bluffing but Jeonghan just tagged along.

 

Jackson:

Oh my god!

(He was exaggerating his actions.)

My nose is bleeding.

(He held Jeonghan’s hand and pull him close to him.)

Omo! My head hurts.

 

Jeonghan:

(Although he knew that he was just okay, he was still worried about him because nosebleed shouldn’t be taken as a joke.)

Aigoo~

(He aided him and did the first aid for it.)

It must have been hard for you.

 

Mark: (GOT7)

He’s always full of energy which I think makes his body to give up.

(He was putting on some ice on Jackson’s nose.)

Behave properly, we are not home. Okay?

 

Jackson:

(He hugged Jeonghan’s delicate body while he was being lectured by his other group mates.)

Yes~ Yes~

(He pretend that he understood it but later on he would forget it.)

 

Jeonghan:

I think we need to rest first.

 

Minhyuk:

(He agreed with Jeonghan.)

I agree. We shouldn’t be careless with our health.

 

Jackson:

Yeobo~

(Calling Jeonghan with a sweet nickname.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He was surprised on what Jackson named him.)

What?

(Then, he just chuckled and decided to play along with him.)

Oh~ Our Jackson is very weak. Let’s go and rest.

(He caressed Jackson’s face like he used to do with s.)

 

Jackson:

(He was so delighted on how Jeonghan responded.)

I’m fine as long as I’m with you.

(He smiled.)

 

Jeonghan:

Really? Okay, let’s rest for now.

 

          As the eldest, Jeonghan checked on his maknaes. Dino was watching while lying on the floor, Wonwoo just lay at the corner while Hoshi went to Dino to watch as well. Jeonghan spotted a good pillow and lay straight on Wonwoo’s stomach to sleep.

 

Wonwoo:

Hyung, just lay on my hand. You’re heavy.

(He .)

 

Jeonghan:

(He laughed.)

Oh, sorry.

(He positioned his head on Wonwoo’s arms.)

Have a good nap, my Wonwoo.

(He smiled and as usual, he took a nap as soon as he closed his eyes.)

 

          Wonwoo smiled as soon as he noticed that Jeonghan quickly fallen asleep. He closed his eyes and fall asleep as well. Jackson and Minhyuk saw them at the corner and slept at the same place. After 2 or 3 hours of taking a nap, the boys woke up and had their snack. Hoshi, Dino, and Minhyuk was the one assigned in ordering some snacks in a convenient store nearby. They distributed the snacks in each of them and ate it right away.

 

          Practice time! They all got up and one by one went to the practice room.

 

Jeonghan:

Wonwoo-yah, lift me up.

(The lazy Jeonghan reached him his hand to help him stand while doing a cute smile.)

 

Wonwoo:

(He gradually helped Jeonghan to stand up.)

Let’s go.

 

Jeonghan:

(He paused for a while grabbing Wonwoo’s shirt.)

Wait.

(He was stuck and seemed like couldn’t open his eyes His head felt like crushing as if someone was pushing his head hard on both sides.)

 

Wonwoo:

You okay?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah, it’s just that I stood up abruptly.

(Smiling awkwardly.)

 

 He tried to open his eyes and his face had a different reaction. His vision seemed blocked and saw nothing but darkness.

 

 

Jeonghan:

Why?

(Asked himself as he paused for a while and try to blink his eyes to recover.)

 

Wonwoo:

(He examined Jeonghan.)

Hyung? Why?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes?

Wait.

(His smile never fades but he closed his eyes once again.)

 

Wonwoo:

Hoshi-yah!

(He called him loudly.)

 

Jeonghan:

Hey! Don’t make any fuss. I’m okay.

 

Hoshi & Dino:

Why?

 

          The other members gathered near them to see what was happening. Wonwoo seemed uneasy and worried. Jeonghan passed out for a second but he recovered immediately after grabbing on to Wonwoo’s arms. On the other hand, Wonwoo caught him as he was about to fall.

 

Wonwoo:

What’s happening?

(He checked on Jeonghan.)

Are you sure you’re okay? I’ll carry you to the bedroom.

 

Hoshi:

Why?

 

Wonwoo:

He won’t tell me. I think he passed out for a while. His knees fell just for a second.

 

Hoshi:

Really?

(He looked at Jeonghan, checked on his temperature.)

Hyung, you need to rest. What do you feel?

 

          Jeonghan kept blinking his eyes hoping to get his vision back as soon as possible. He was so scared that it would be permanent but he was more worried if people gets hurt because of him.

 

Dino:

Why? Why?

 

Jeonghan:

Nothing.

 

Wonwoo:

Stop that hyung, you won’t get any better if you don’t tell us the truth.

(He was a bit annoyed.)

 

Jeonghan:

I can’t see.

(He has a serious face.)

 

Hoshi:

What?

(He was totally surprised and held his body frozen like a statue.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled and lied about his vision returning.)

I couldn’t see earlier but I think it’s getting back. Sorry guys but could you tell them to go and practice. I will be back soon.

 

          Hoshi was about to cry because almost all of them were there but he didn’t even see their shadows. If it was true that his vision was already returning, he should have seen some silhouettes near him. Wonwoo and Dino were speechless as well as the others. Minhyuk went behind Jeonghan quietly and carried him on his arms.

 

Jeonghan:

Hoshi-yah! Get me down. I’m fine, really! I’ll just wait for my vision to be clear again. I promise I’ll come back.

 

          Hoshi was in front of him beside Wonwoo. He mistook Minhyuk from Hoshi because they had the same hair style. His vision was far from being clear but it’s slowly returning; although, he can only see silhouettes near him. Hoshi cried while the others were surprised because they knew it was a very serious problem.

 

Jeonghan:

(He heard someone was crying and looked at the man carrying him.)

Hey Hoshi, don’t cry. Just tell them I’m a bit dizzy. Put me down.

(He held Minhyuk’s face.)

 

          Minhyuk froze. He could not believe that was happening to him. He couldn’t even blink, more that he couldn’t talk.

 

Jeonghan:

See? I can see your silhouette. It’s getting better, I just need a little time. I was like this when I was in elementary; though, this was the longest. I’m sure it’ll return.

(He smiled.)

 

Hoshi:

(He acted like he stopped crying.)

Really? Okay then. I’ll be by your side.

(He signalled Minhyuk to put him down.)

 

Jeonghan:

They need you there.

 

Wonwoo:

Then I’ll stay. You need someone to look after you.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay.

 

Hoshi:

Hyung, if it’ll take long, I need you to tell us and we will take you to the hospital.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay.

(He smiled.)

But I assure you I’ll be fine. Don’t tell Cheol and the others. I’ll kill you if you do.

 

Hoshi:

I get it. I’ll be back.

 

          Dino was crying at the back of Hoshi and they quietly stepped out headed to the next room. Wonwoo and Jeonghan was alone in the living room. The young man beside the orange-haired pretty boy, was so worried and afraid that he won’t be able to see again. He cried for a while because he was hurt on what he just witnessed, but he won’t let Jeonghan know that he was sad at the moment. As the other members walk outside, they talked to each other of what to do.

 

Jackson:

We should let him see a doctor. He can’t really see.

(He was so concerned that he wanted to just get Jeonghan to go to the hospital or to call an ambulance.)

 

Hoshi:

I trust him. He will call me if he’s really not feeling well.

 

Minhyuk:

Let him rest this day.

 

Dino:

It was my fault. I should have care for him more than myself.

(He thought that it was because he always abuse the gentleness of Jeonghan like for example what happened during their lunch.)

I will protect him like the way he’s protecting and taking good care of me.

It’s my fault.

(He confessed sadly.)

 

Hoshi:

Stop that, Dino. You’ll hurt him if you let him feel that we are sad because of him. Just do it silently.

 

          On the other hand, Jeonghan and Wonwoo was left inside the room while the others proceeded to the practice room.

 

          -In the other room-

 

Jeonghan:

(He felt awkward because it was so quiet.)

Wonwoo yah, why are you so quiet? I should have let Hoshi stay.

(He .)


Wonwoo:

I can’t talk. I don’t know how to start something.

 

Jeonghan:

Then sing or do something.

 

He agreed and play some of their favourite songs to sing along with.

 

Jeonghan:

Why it took so long this time?

(He paused.)

Wonwoo yah!

(He was furious.)

Why are you sad? There’s nothing to feel sad. I’m not dead.

 

Wonwoo:

You did the same thing to me last time. You cried a lot like I’m dead.

(Scowled in front of his hyung.)

 Of course, I’m worried too.

 

Jeonghan:

(He laughed.)

Oh yeah. Sorry.

 

Wonwoo:

Can you see me now? How many is this?

(He raised his hand for Jeonghan to see.)

 

Jeonghan:

I’m not a toddler. 4! Why?

(Then suddenly, his vision came clear once again.)

Wonwoo-yah, you cried?

 

Wonwoo:

No.

(Denied it; though, it seemed obvious and Jeonghan could see it in his face.)

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t mess with me. I can see it in your eyes.

(Laughing.)

C’mon, Let’s go!

 

Wonwoo:

You’re okay now?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes. I told you not to worry. I was like this back then, so I’m not scared.

(But inside, he felt terrified.)

 

Wonwoo:

(Are you) Sure?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah.

Now, let’s get back to practice!

 

Wonwoo:

(He embraced him tight.)

Good! I miss you.

 

Jeonghan:

You’re just here with me the whole time!

 

Wonwoo:

You were quiet for a while. I got scared.

 

Jeonghan:

Sorry.

 

          They went back to the practice room where everyone were. He wore a happy face and Dino went to him and held him tight. Hoshi was smiling but it felt a little awkward because he was trying so hard. Not that Jeonghan was aware that they all knew what had just happen, and he came back to practice like no serious event occurred.

 

Jeonghan:

Sorry.

 

Minhyuk:

I thought you’re not feeling well.

(Began acting.)

 

Jackson:

Yeah. It’s okay if you rest for a while.

(Then, he was thinking of something to light up the situation.)

Well, if you’re okay, we just planned to eat samgyupsal for dinner.

 

          Everyone was surprised of the unplanned plan Jackson prepared by himself. They paused for a while but just ride with the flow.

 

Jeonghan:

At this time?

(It was just 6:00 in the afternoon)

We might get hungry later.

 

Hoshi:

We’re hungry, hyung. We can buy a snack or order something later if we get hungry.

 

Jeonghan:

Alright.

 

          Jackson clung to him as much as Dino did. Jeonghan was a bit awkward because he knew that Dino was so worried about him; in addition, Jackson was so close. They arrived at a restaurant near their practice place and ordered as much as they want. Dino never left his side.

 

Jeonghan:

Dino, are you okay?

 

Dino:

(He took a meat out of the grilling pan and made Jeonghan a wrap.)

Here, eat!

 

Jeonghan:

Aigoo, my baby is so worried about me. I can handle myself. Sorry for making you worry.

(He opened his mouth wide to eat the wrap that Dino made for him.)

Yah! This wrap is so full, I cannot bite it.

(Speaking while his mouth was full.)

 

Dino:

It’s full of love, hyung Don’t worry, I’ll take care of you.

(He told him those sweet words with his serious furrowed brows.)

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you~ You’re such a good boy.

 

Hoshi:

Yah! Eat too! We have to practice later so go get some fuel for yourself. Our maknae is too worried.

(He laughed.)

 

Dino:

(He was murmuring something about Hoshi.)

Look who’s talking. Isn’t he the one who cried a lot earlier?

 

Wonwoo:

Let’s just eat and be full.

 

          They feast with the sumptuous meal and bought snacks as well. As usual, they practiced until they dropped. Some wasn’t able to take a shower because they fell asleep immediately. Everyone was scattered everywhere just enough to rest their bodies comfortably.

 

The next morning, they were getting ready for the performance when Jeonghan had difficulties breathing. He thought that maybe it was because of his anxiety. He visited the clinic near their tent to ask for assistance. He was followed by Hoshi because he was wondering where he would go before the performance.

 

Hoshi:

Hyung? Where are you going?

 

Jeonghan:

(He was frightened.)

Hoshi-yah, you startled me.

 

Hoshi:

Where are you going?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m nervous.

 

Hoshi:

Yeah, me too.

 

Jeonghan:

I can’t breathe. My heart is beating so fast.

 

Hoshi:

Hyung, calm down. Go get some oxygen first.

 

          Hoshi was observing him because he was not like that before. He never take away the thought that he might just be scared because he would be performing with different group members. He knew that Jeonghan would feel uneasy with some changes; though, his reaction was quite new for him. He knew that he wasn’t able to get the proper rest that he deserved because of the schedule and his responsibility for them as their big brother. Hoshi accompanied him to the clinic and as soon as Jeonghan felt better, they went back to the back stage.

 

Jackson:

Yeobo, where have you been? I’ve been looking for you.

 

Jeoghan:

I just calmed myself. I’m so nervous.

 

Jackson:

Trust us.

(He smiled then hugged him abruptly.)

You’ll be fine. I’m here for you. I’ll be you hero.

(Jackson was in his usual naughty self, who’s fooling around before performance.)

 

          Dino pushed Jackson away to protect Jeonghan from him.

 

Jeonghan:

Sure, thanks.

 

Dino:

Hyung, relax.

 

Jeonghan:

I am now.

 

Minhyuk:

Here!

(Giving him a flavoured water.)

Drink, so you’ll be refreshed.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

 

          They cheer each other and performed at their very best. So far so good! They were all satisfied in their explosive and hot performance. Everyone was happy; although, it meant that they would separate ways.

 

Seventeen/ Got7/ MonstaX:

Thank you very much! See you next time.

(They bow and greeted each other happily.)

 

          The program had ended and they were about to go home to their respective dormitories when Jackson proposed something. He would like to visit Seventeen’s place and eat samgyupsal.

 

Jackson:

I’ll go whenever my wifey goes.

 

Minhyuk and Dino:

What are you talking about?

(With an annoyed face.)

 

Jackson:

Jeong-Honey, why don’t you join our group so we’ll be together?

 

Jeonghan:

(He couldn’t say anything and just laughed.)

 

Hoshi:

He’s ours, hyung!

(He argued with Jackson.)

Don’t go with him.

(And hugged Jeonghan that made Jackson feel jealous.)

 

Jackson:

Then, I’ll just visit you.

(Followed by a killer smile with a wink.)

 

Minhyuk:

I’ll visit you too.

 

Dino:

What’s this all about?

(He was being playful while protecting his hyung.)

 

Jeonghan:

Dino, whose baby are you?

(Jeonghan’s surprised attack.)

 

Dino:

(He said it proudly.)

Jeonghan hyung’s baby!

(Then he feel embarrassed because some girl groups walked behind him.)

Aigoo~ I’m in trouble. I am really dead!

(Facepalm)

 

          Everyone was laughing. Although, it was such a short time that they’d been together, they were sure that they will miss each other a lot.