CHAPTER 21: Lover

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It wasn’t a dream.

It’s a wish.

That finally came true.

 

“I have an urgent announcement to make. So please listen.”

 

Their teacher’s statement grabbed the class’ attention from its ceaseless noise caused by the ringing of the school bell. A telltale sign for dismissal as the students organize and rummage through their belongings.

 

Daesung moves forward and stood behind his desk. He clears out his throat before addressing the class.

 

“This refers to the memo that was sent to us, after the meeting of the School’s Executives.”

 

As if waiting for a time bomb to tick its final seconds, their teacher lengthened out the seconds of silence.

 

“Our Finals for the 1st Semester…is now scheduled next week.”

 

The implanted explosive detonated.

 

Setting off the complete rage of her classmates.

 

The mere sentence incited the classroom into an upheaval of an angry mob.

 

“NO WAY!!!”

 

“Sir!! That’s UNFAIR!”

 

“We aren’t even finished with our projects yet!!!”

 

It was the first time Lisa saw her class broke down into this havoc.

 

Lisa watched as the class shuffles into a clamor of noise, each crying out their own dismay. She looks ahead, waiting for his teacher’s response.

 

Daesung didn’t retaliate to the crowd, his demeanor calm despite all the commotion.

 

That it’s when the President of the Class, Jisoo herself, stood that Lisa knew that this circumstance was that of a grave one.

 

“Can the principal reconsider, Sir?” The president appealed.

 

Her tone clear, eyes unblinking, equitable to her serious stance at the matter on hand. All too distant from her good-spirited nature.    

 

Daesung shakes his head in response.

 

A complete refusal.

 

A rejection to any endeavor of plea.

 

It only stirred the crowd into further discordance.

 

“We have the Decathlon TOO!!”

 

“This is impossible.”

 

“How about the College Entrance Exams?! It will be due next month too!”

 

It only whirled Lisa into confusion. She turns to her right, an attempt to seek for the answers.

 

Only to realized that there’s another person who’s unfazed like their teacher.

 

Lisa observed how Jennie’s eyes were focused forward, her posture straight, perceiving the view with an imperturbable bearing.

 

Poised like the regal Royal she is.

 

Lisa withdrew from breathing for a few seconds.

 

She couldn’t believe that she’s the girlfriend of this beauty.

 

She teeters back and stared ahead once more, omitting the initial act to question Jennie.

 

Minutes drag on, as finally, the burning anger of her classmates subsided. They were left with silence, now mindful that their teacher didn’t utter any word since its very beginning.

 

Daesung heavily releases a breath before continuing.

 

“As I was saying. Our Finals will be held next week, as directed by the Principal. This is deemed final and closed for any discussion. Also, all participants for the Decathlon are advised to comply to the directions of your respective Club Advisors.” Daesung surveys the class with a look.

 

His voice infirming from being distant to an understanding one.

 

“I’m aware of it. On how this is unjust to all of you. And I couldn’t blame you for reacting this way. But this is a directive concurred by the Executives. We…hope for your cooperation.”

 

Their teacher’s explanation caused the class to descend into complete silence.

 

Ruling to break it, their teacher sets out to adjourn the class.

 

“Class dismissed.”

 

And in a minute, the room was left empty as her classmates flee, all in disgruntlement.

 

Still, it only flitted Lisa into detachment.

 

Somewhat tipped off on how she’s missing a vital piece of information. A drawback for being a transfer student.

 

Jisoo approached them, her face stern, and directed Jennie with a tone that tails behind a sense of urgency.

 

“Jennie? You’re one of the team leaders for the Decathlon right?”

 

It’s something about Jisoo’s change of character indicates that they too, the Student Council, wasn’t informed about this sudden announcement. That the administration itself, pass through them without any disclosure, despite them being the representative of the student body.

 

Lisa watched from her seat as Jennie nodded back, perceptively giving out a reply.

 

“Meeting?”

 

Jisoo nodded.

 

“I’ll see you at Student Council Room. I’ll just gather all the heads and officers. I’ll meet you in 15 minutes.”

 

Pausing. The president addressed Lisa with a turn of her head.

 

“Oh and Lisa? Chaeng will be here in a few minutes. There’s something she’d like to discuss with you.”

 

Jisoo hauls back and was out of the room in seconds, leaving her alone with Jennie as the only occupants of the room.

 

Lisa felt a tap at her shoulder.

 

“Hey Cutie? Can I have your number?”

 

Lisa stared at her girlfriend for a few seconds, and despite how there were many things that’s running through her head right now. 

 

That comes along in as: 

 

Finals. Decathlon. Student Council. School’s Executives…and cutie?

 

Lisa manages to give out her number when Jennie held out her phone to her.

 

“Cool.” Jennie said when Lisa returns the device back to her.

 

It was Lisa’s turn to ask a question.

 

“Hey. Can you explain to me what just happened?”

 

“It’s a long story.” Jennie shortly replied. She stood and slings the strap of her bag to her left shoulder. She approached Lisa.

 

Bending a little, Jennie gave her a sweet yet a lingering peck on the lips.

 

Lisa couldn’t restrain that little blush that now stains her cheeks, she bit her lower lip and runs her tongue against it, lips still tingling at the kiss.

 

Lisa looks up and held Jennie’s gaze, all with her unceasing blush, and obliged her mind back to the topic.

 

“You didn’t answer me.”  

 

“I’ll explain things later.” Jennie hurriedly replied. “I promise.”

 

Lisa responded with a nod, mindful that Jennie still had a meeting she needs to attend to.  

 

Jennie winked at her a goodbye before darting towards the exit.

 

“And oh! Chaeng’s here!” Jennie informed her with a shout, somewhat muffled by the distance.

 

On cue, Chaeyoung entered the room with a stack full of folders. She first deposited it with a loud a thud at their teacher’s desk, before approaching her with a document in hand. 

 

And just like the president, Chaeyoung hurriedly instructed her as she points out to the paper.

 

“I need you to write your name here. And Sign here. Here and…” Chaeyoung flips a page and continues. “here…and here.”

 

“I’m sorry?” Lisa echoes back in confusion. She took the paper from Chaeyoung, and skims through it. “Decathlon?”

 

“They haven’t informed you yet?” Chaeyoung queried, exhibiting her own confusion, before saying. “You’ll be one of the representatives for the upcoming Decathlon as we’re getting short on the number of participants. The principal, himself, recommended you. Didn’t he talk to you about this?”

 

“He did but…I didn’t agree to this.” Lisa replied. She recalls her conversation with the principal, certain that she was clear on declining the offer given to her. “I have other priorities.”

 

Lisa stood, and returns the paper to Chaeyoung. “I’ve already informed him about this and – ”

 

The secretary didn’t take the paper back as Chaeyoung simply rests her look at Lisa’s hand, before lifting her own gaze.

 

All with that cunning smirk.

 

“You’ll be on the same team with Jennie.”

 

Breaking into a wide grin, Chaeyoung added.

 

“And it’s really, really a big help on Jennie’s end if you could join her team.”

 

Lisa already knew how she’d already lost at this strife upon hearing her girlfriend’s name, hating how the raven haired could easily change her disposition.

 

She felt how her hand that’s clutching the document, fall to her side.

 

She purposely gave a vague reply, seeming to coat her wounded pride.

 

“I’ll think about it.”

 

Willfully ignoring Chaeyoung’s conceited look of victory. 

 

 

Saturday

10:51 am

 

“Lisa?”

 

Lisa didn’t reply as she swiftly glanced towards her girlfriend’s direction, and seeing that Jennie didn’t move from where she’s seated, Lisa turns back and shifts herself in a more comfortable position at Jennie’s bed.

 

Lisa now lies on her stomach, and with her elbows propped as a support, she slyly tries to secure the object of her entertainment.

 

Jennie’s photo album.

 

Filled with her childhood pictures.

 

Waaah. She’s so cuteee~

 

Lisa bit her lower lip, trying hard not to let out a girlish squeal to a photo of a 5-year old Jennie, dressed in a traditional clothing, ‘hanbok’, flashing a gummy smile with the dress lifted to the sides in a curtsy.

 

And oh! Her chubby cheeks! Wah ~ I wanna pinch them.

 

Lisa took out her phone. She wouldn’t let this opportunity slide.

 

“Lisa-yah.”

 

Her head automatically whizzed to the side upon hearing Jennie’s voice, who – much to Lisa’s relief – was still busy studying her notes at her desk, her back was Lisa as she sat at a swivel chair.

 

Lisa held her beating heart with a hand, easing from that panic of being caught by Jennie.

 

She didn’t respond to her girlfriend.

 

She lifts her phone once more, took a snap, and slides it to her back pockets.

 

Success.

 

“Oy! Lisa!”

 

Lisa hurriedly slides the album beneath a pillow with a hand, while grabbing her own book with the other.

 

Just in time, as Jennie faces her with a turn of her chair.

 

Lisa flips a page of her textbook.

 

Blanked.

 

Depicting that studious student who’s too occupied on reading a topic.

 

Jennie observed her a second.

 

Waiving out to her.

 

Jennie calls her out with her favored endearment whenever they’re alone.

 

“Baby.”

 

Lisa ecstatically smiled.

 

She sat up from the bed just as quick.

 

“Yes? You need something?”

 

Jennie rolls her eyes before asking.

 

“Have you submitted our Finals in Mathematics?”

 

Lisa stood and enclosed their distance. She planted both of her hands at the arms of the chair, trapping Jennie in between. Lisa leans in as she flirtatiously replies.

 

“Already did, my love.”

 

Jennie pushes her left cheek to the side.

 

Completely denying her advances.

 

Lisa laughed aloud, before plopping back to the bed.

 

Jennie slowly shakes her head and scrutinizes Lisa with a look full of judgement. Turning around, Jennie resumes back on studying.

 

“Ah! I forgot!” Lisa said aloud. She faces Jennie, laying on her side with her right elbow propped above as she supports her head with a hand.

 

“What is it?” Jennie replied, still not facing her. Lisa watched as Jennie opens the drawer of her desk and pulls out a calculator.

 

“You forgot to tell me. About the Sir Daesung’s announcement. Why did our classmates…reacted that way?”

 

Jennie spun around, withdrawing from her task, and faces Lisa once more. She rests her right arm around her torso, and posed the back of her left hand underneath her chin. She stares outside the windows, pensive on her reply.    

 

“I couldn’t blame them. For being mad. And Sir Daesung must’ve known that we’ll react that way. You see the Decathlon is really a big deal for the Executives of this School. And for it to be moved earlier from its original schedule impacts all other activities. I’m guessing that they want us to study more for the Decathlon. That’s why they’ve shortened the days for the Finals.”

 

Sighing, Jennie withdrew her look, and continues.

 

“And considering that the Decathlon is simply an Extra Curricular Activity, students would often just focus on studying for the Major Exams, both Mid-Terms and Finals.”

 

“Why? What’s the reason why they value the Decathlon that much?”

 

“Glory and Prestige, of course.” Jennie answered simply. “And…we aren’t doing well on that part, I guess”

 

“What do you mean by that?”

 

“The Decathlon actually involves many schools. But most of the attention would only revolve around the 3 Universities: YG. SM and JYP.” Jennie paused briefly, her voice dwindling into a small tone. “Our school…for the past years…could only placed as 3rd. And to be honest, the contest merely circles around JYP and SM University.”  

 

Jennie closes her eyes, seemingly recalling all her past experiences.

 

“Because of that. We’ve been bagged as the Forgotten One.”

 

Lisa whistles at the name, before suggesting in a quote with her fingers.

 

“The Exiled One, is a lot cooler, don’t you think?”

 

“Yeah. I think so too.” Jennie agrees, giggling.

 

“Then? What happened next?” Lisa asked, urging Jennie back, all too intrigued now.

 

Jennie pressed her lips, amusement clear her in eyes, before resuming.

 

“Back then we would always be number one, YG even had a winning streak for almost 2 decades. But these past few years, 7 years to be exact, we’ve only been on 3rd. Because of that, the students have been the center of the criticism and bullying from other schools. Some of the students would reciprocate back harsher, and it led them to be expelled from YG. But this didn’t erased the ‘arrogant and cold’ image of YG.”

 

Nodding in sudden understanding, Jennie directed her in a playful taunt.

 

“Don’t worry about that one. You’re the complete embodiment of our school’s image.”

 

“Ha-ha-ha.” Lisa childishly mocked back. “Should I laugh now?”

 

Jennie cutely stuck out her tongue in retort and swivels her chair back.

 

Lisa bit her inner cheek.

 

She lays back on the bed and hid her face with a book.

 

Breaking into a full smile before silently laughing, her shoulders shaking hard from its suppression.

 

All too egotistical that she shouldn’t let this laugh be heard by her girlfriend.

 

 

Placing the book back at the shelves, Lisa stood on her tiptoes and read each title of the book, searching for something that would pique her interest.

 

“Lisa?”

 

“Yeah?” she replied, passively reacting on Jennie’s refusal of calling her with the endearment.

 

“Can you help me with this one?” Jennie requested.

 

Lisa pushes the book she’s about to read with a finger and approached Jennie with a nod.

 

“Sure thing.”

 

Jennie reclines her back to her chair, groaning in frustration. She placed her glasses at her desk and rubs her eyes with the back of her hand.

 

“I couldn’t…solve it.”

 

Lisa peers above and noted the time from the wall clock. She placed a hand atop of Jennie’s and gently traced circles against it.

 

“You should take a rest. You’ve been studying for hours.”

 

“After this?” Jennie bargains and looks up to Lisa with a puppy look.

 

Yielding from Jennie’s appeal, Lisa held the paper and mentally runs through the problem.

 

And out of habit, she taps her fingers at the wooden desk, cognitively computing the final answer.

 

“The final answer should be 12,137,541.25 not 11,137,491.01.” Lisa said and returns the paper to Jennie.

 

“Is my formula correct?” Jennie queried. Taking the paper, she took her calculator and started recomputing.

 

“It is.”

 

“Then…why?”

 

Smiling, Lisa leans in.

 

“The computation was correct until…” Lisa trails off and points out with a finger. “This one. You…kinda forgot to add the negative sign.”

 

Jennie covers her face in a face palm.

 

“Okay. That’s embarrassing.”

 

Lisa went down on her knees and held Jennie’s hands against her own. “Did you know that studying for more than 3 hours straight makes you more inefficient than taking small breaks in between.”

 

Lisa stood and pulled Jennie along.

 

She didn’t wait for Jennie’s response as she simply whisked her away from studying and carries her like a newlywed bride into her bed.

 

“Want me to cook?” Lisa offers, now seated at the side of the bed.

 

Jennie rolls to her side.

 

“You can cook?”

 

“Apparently, the best in the town.” Lisa bragged in pride. “I’ll be – ”

 

Lisa was about to stand when her words were cut off.

 

Jennie suddenly pulls her.

 

Reflexively, Lisa posed her arms in between Jennie’s face.

 

She’s blushing hard.

 

As now, she lays atop Jennie in all fours.

 

“Stay here with me?” Jennie lowly utters, her cat-like eyes darkening almost in an instant. She teasingly smiles.

 

Knowingly of her own seduction.

 

Aware on how she’s capable to let a shiver run through Lisa’s spine as she arched her hips up.

 

Grinding both of their centers through their shorts.

 

The sensation made Lisa freed from all her self-imposed constraint.

 

Lisa pins both of Jennie’s wrist with a hand, held just above her head.  

 

“First time?” Jennie raised a perfect brow. “Pining a girl in bed?”

 

Lisa didn’t reply.

 

Cupping Jennie’s cheek with her right hand, she leans in and slowly Jennie’s lips with her tongue.

 

Lisa pulls back.

 

Stowing the image in mind.

 

How Jennie’s brown eyes widened in shock.

 

Her pretty face evincing that bright blush.

 

And how her chest quickly rises from panting.

 

Lisa closes her eyes and enclosed their distance with a kiss. She angled her head to her liking and devours Jennie’s lips, pressing their chests together.

 

Lisa pushes her tongue deep.

 

Taking command of their kiss.

 

Tangling, dominating, and seizing it. Lisa s her hips, eliciting a moan that she wasn’t sure of whether it came from her or her lover.

 

Only incited by this fire that’s burning them. Engulfing them in pleasure as their tongues danced against each other.

 

Lisa pulls away only to seize Jennie’s lower lip into her own. . Tasting it before sliding her own tongue against in a slow agonized passion. She meanders down. Kissing Jennie’s chin before trailing to the column of Jennie’s neck.

 

“Gosh. Lisa.” Jennie panted, head thrown above, arching, giving out to Lisa as it exhibits the expanse of her skin.

 

Lisa releases her hold from Jennie’s wrists and held the back of her girlfriend’s neck, her other hand trailing the curve of Jennie’s waist.

 

Lisa stares at the goddess below her.

 

Forever engraving it.

 

How she’s able to veer her into this hot mess.

 

“JENNIE! WE’RE HERE!”

 

A blaring and incessant ringing of the doorbell follows.

 

Effectuating.

 

Drawing them both back, as they pull away from each other in an instant.

 

Their breathing ragged.

 

Faces burned.

 

And hearts throbbing wild on what just transpired.

 

“I-I should get that.” Jennie stutters as she adjusts her shirt.

 

“Y-yeah. You should.” Lisa agrees with a nod.

 

Jennie stood and exited the room.

 

Lisa feigned it all.

 

She picked up the forgotten book at the floor and says to herself.

 

Right. Finals. You got Finals, Manoban.

 

 

1:17 pm

 

“State your name, your age and your purpose to Kim Jennie.” Jisoo huffed at Lisa from the other side of the table.

 

Yet instead of answering, Lisa flips a page to the book she’s reading.

 

Chaeyoung, who was seated to Jisoo’s right, picked up the strawberry that’s covered with icing with her fork.

 

“Hmm. I’ll give a 9 out of 10.” Chaeyoung critiqued as she chew.

 

“Why not 10? Is it because of the icing?” Jennie hurtles back, questioning her judgement.  

 

Chaeyoung nodded simply.

 

Shrugging, Jennie grabbed her own fork and took a bite of her cooking. “I’ll take the 9.”

 

They were all seated at the long expanse of the dining table, with Jennie and Lisa sitting beside each other, and with Chaeyoung and Jisoo taking the seats across them.

 

“Yah! Lalisa! Don’t ignore me!” Jisoo hollers again.

 

Lisa did just that, as she ignores the president once more.

 

Placing a hand atop Jennie’s thigh, Lisa turns to her girlfriend with an opened mouth.

 

Jennie took the silent cue, and feeds Lisa by reeling back the fork to the blonde’s direction.

 

Nodding in approval, Lisa rebuffed Chaeyoung’s remark.

 

“It’s a 10.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter