Why?

How Can I Smile Again?

They have arrived at the hospital.Hakyeon quickly runs to the emergency room without waiting for them.

“Nuna!!!”Hakyeon calls his sister as soon he saw her.

“Hakyeon!!!”

“How is he now?”Hakyeon still worries about his father.

“I-I don’t know...he is still in the emergency room.Hakyeon-ah, I’m sorry.I have been keeping this secret from you after all this time.Please don’t hate me for this reason. It was father’s request to me.” his nuna trying to tell something to Hakyeon.

“What do you mean,nuna?”

“Father...he had heart cancer since last year.It was already staged four.I want to tell you about this so that you could spend your time for him but he..he don’t want you to worry about him.I’m sorry, Hakyeon.It was only you who still don’t know about this yet.” his nuna crying when she try to explain.

“W-what?Nuna, please tell me this is a joke.Stop joking around with me!!!”

“It is the true, son.I also want to say sorry.I know we have disappointed you but you have to accept it.Your father will no longer to stay live anymore.” his mother trying to comfort Hakyeon.

“Why?Why?Why!!!Now, I have become a rebellious son.I don't even know that he was sick all this time and now he is dying in there.I was too selfish.I always think about my future.And until now, I don’t know that my own father was...was sick.” a teardrop falling from Hakyeon’s eyes.

“Hyung, please..don’t talk like that.”Hyuk trying to comfort Hakyeon.

“Hyuk-ah.My father is sick after all this time and I never knew about this before.I didn’t spend my time with him for the last time.Now, he is in critical.I really want to make him happy at least once but now...I’m late.”Hakyeon starts to crying.He wants to be strong but he can’t.

After 30 minutes...the doctor finally came out from the room.

“Who is Cha Hak Yeon?” the doctor asked.

“I am Cha Hak Yeon.Why?”

“Your father wants to talk with you.I can't promise you that I can save him.Now, it depends on God either to let him stay alive or not.We can't fight the fate.” said the doctor.

Hakyeon knocks the door before he enters.He looks at his father who is dying on the bed.

“Father...”

“Hak..yeon...my s-son..” his father calling his name with his weak voice.

“Yes.It is me.”Hakyeon holds his father’s hand tightly.

“Hakyeon...I...I want to say...sorry.I keep this...in secret.I want you...I want you to be...happy without worrying...worrying about me.”

“No father.You have done nothing wrong to me.It was my fault.I am supposed to care about you.I am supposed to stay with you and spend time with you.But I didn’t.I am a bad son.I am a rebellious son!I always wanted to make you happy at least once but I’m not.”

“No...you’re wrong, son.You are m-my b-beloved son.You always make me happy...I’m glad...I’m glad to have a son..like you...Cha Hak Yeon is my beloved son.He always makes me smiles.Do you...do you remember?The moment you sing a song for me...during my birthday.You call me a hero.Your hero.I’m happy.My son called me as his hero.It is not only that...remember your first debut?You hugged me tightly and crying.You told me...that...you so happy.I’m happy when you happy...Hakyeon..I w-wish...you can sing that song to me...for the last time...” his father trying his best to keep breathing.

“Yes...I will grant your wish.”

When I am sad,

When I am alone,

You are always here with me...

You always make me happy when I am sad,

You always here when I need you...

You are my hero...you are my father...

There is no one in this world can replace you in my heart...

Thank you for being born as my father...

Without you...

I am not who I am now...

You are my hero...you are my father...

I love you, father...

“Thank you, Hak...Yeon...” that is the last word from his father before he could breathe for the last time.

“Thank you, father...”Hakyeon hugs his father tightly as if he doesn’t want to let go of him.