Share

How Can I Smile Again?

After Hakyeon wiped his tears, he takes his jacket and going out for lunch. He walks along the beach. He stops. He turns his head to the view of the ocean.The ocean looks so beautiful. He can feel the wind blowing his hair.He turns around  and his eyes were focusing on something.He saw a little girl.The little girl looks like she wants to walk through the busy road. That little girl walks without looking left and right. Without noticing it, a car with a full speed is getting closer to her. Hakyeon runs as quick as lightning to save that girl. He pulls her hand and luckily he could save her.

“Hah, are you okay, little girl?”Hakyeon tried to speak in English and hope that girl could understand him.

“I’m okay.Thank you for saving me.” the little girl said and smiles to him.

“Remember girl, every time when you want to cross the road, please look at the left and the right.If there is no car, then you can cross the road.By the way, where is your parent, girl?”Hakyeon asked.

“My mother is working and my father was at home.” the girl answered.

“Why are you here?”Hakyeon asked again.

“I just want to play at the beach with my friends.Now, I want to go home.” the girl answered.

“What is your name, little girl?”

“My name is Alice.How about you?”Alice asked.

“Ah, my name is Hakyeon but you can call me N.”Hakyeon introduces himself to the little girl.

“N?Okay then.Do you want to follow me to my home?”Alice asked and she holds his hand.

“Yes, sure,”Hakyeon said and he follows the girl to her house. As he arrives at the house, he surprised to see the girl’s house is a bungalow house near to the beach.

“Daddy, I’m home.”

A handsome man with a foreign face come out from the house as he heard his daughter’s voice.

“Who are you?”Alice’s father asked.

“Oh, my name is Cha Hakyeon.You can call me N.Sir, your daughter is getting closer to an accident because she crosses the busy road without looking left and right.Luckily that I noticed her.”Hakyeon explained.

“Really?!Thank goodness she is alright. Thank you so much for saving her life. I owe to you, N. Let me introduce myself to you. My name is Danny John. You can call me John. Perhaps are you a foreign?”John asked.

“Yes, I am.I am from South Korea.”Hakyeon said.

“Oh, you look like a K-pop idol,” John said.

“Hahaha, for your information, sir, I am a K-pop idol.I am Vixx leader, N.”Hakyeon introduces himself to John.

“Oh, hahaha.No wonder your face looks familiar to me.Your English is not bad.”John said.

“Hahaha, thank you,”Hakyeon said and smiles awkwardly.

“Please come in.”John invites Hakyeon.

“No, it’s okay.”Hakyeon refused.

“It’s okay.Come.We can talk for a little longer.”John said.

“Okay.”Hakyeon agrees.

Both of them walk to the living room and sit on the couch. Hakyeon is uncomfortable because the house looks bigger and luxury.

“So, do you come here for filming or something?I think it is rare to see Korean idol come here for filming.”John asked.

“Oh, no.I just come here for vacation.I just want to rest my mind for awhile.”Hakyeon said.

“Oh. I’m sorry if what I’m said is offends you but I can tell that you are having a problem, am I right?”John guessed.

Hakyeon doesn’t say anything when the foreign asked him.

“I think it would be better if you meet my wife. She is a psychologist doctor.”John recommends him.

“I know that you might don’t want to tell us about your problem but it is for your own good too. My wife can help you, trust me.”John said.

Hakyeon still doesn’t want to say anything to the man.John understands that Hakyeon might be not comfortable with his idea.Suddenly, he heard the bell ringing. It was his wife.

“I’m home.”

“Oh, there she is. N, this is my wife. Her name is Alisa. Alisa, this is N. He saved our daughter from an accident.”John introduces.

“Oh, really.Thank you so much, N.We owe to you so much.”Alisa thanked.

“By the way, have you eaten, N?If not, please come and join us for the lunch.”Alisa asked.

“Not yet,”Hakyeon said.

“Come.I have bought some foods.Luckily that I bought extra for today.”Alisa said and she prepares the food on the dining table.

All of them eating the lunch together. Somehow it kinds of awkward for Hakyeon since he is just a guest to them. After they finished the food, Hakyeon is sitting on the chair near to the balcony while watching the ocean.

“Alisa, do  you realize looks like having a problem?”John whispers.

“I do realize that. I will ask him later. Can you please go and play with Alice at the upstair?”Alisa asked.

“Okay.”

Alisa brings two cups of coffee and walks to Hakyeon.

“Here, I have made coffee.”Alisa put the coffee on the coffee table.

“Thank you.”Hakyeon thanked and continue to watch the view of the ocean.

Alisa sits on the chair beside Hakyeon. She just looks at Hakyeon.

“Every time we enjoy the view of the ocean, we tried to relax our mind from thinking about our problem.Just like you did now.You tried to relax your mind from thinking about your problem, isn’t it?”Alisa guessed.

“How do you know that I was having a problem?”Hakyeon asked.

“Well, I’m a psychologist doctor.I can recognize the people who are having a problem because I have been taking care of people like that for a  long time.So, is it true that you are having a problem now?”Alisa asked.

Hakyeon nods.

“If you don’t mind, can you please share with me?”Alisa asked again.

“I d-don’t know.It is hard for me to tell you.I guess that I have a conflict.”Hakyeon said.

“Conflict?Is it about your job or what?”Alisa asked.

“It happened since 2013 until now.The way they treat me just like how my family treats me. They treat me just like a wall where they can throw their anger to me. They did not care about my feeling. All they care is their feeling. They said whatever they want to say and that makes me feel hurt even more. A few weeks ago, my father has died because of his illness. He is the first person and the only person that can understand me.He is the only person who willing to listen to my problems. I have already tired of this and I have hurt for many times.I just can’t stand it anymore.”Hakyeon said and he sighs.

“Who are ‘they’?”Alisa asked.

“My members.Now, I come here because I want to rest my mind. I will come back after I did thinking. I will come back with this two answers either I’ll stay or I’ll leave.”Hakyeon said.

“N, I know I just know you today and I know that I don’t feel what you feel but I hope you can think everything that I said. If you choose to leave,do you think that you can forget them?You love them,don’t you?Do you think it is easy for you to forget them?No,it is not easy. It would take for decades.Don’t you think that they regret everything that they have done to you?Yes,you don’t know.Maybe they already regret it.So,why don’t we give them another chance?If they did the same thing again,yes I know it hurts a lot but do you really have to leave? You don’t have to, N.Everyone is not perfect, N. Everyone makes mistake.Even you too.We might not realize it but at the same time,we have hurt them too without noticed it. Sometimes young man like you loves to joke. They are still not matured and there is nothing that we can do. When they growing up, they will become matured and starting from there they will think the same just like you're thinking now.” Alisa said.

“You just said to me that you are tired. Which mean is you were just stressed. You just need time to rest, N. You know what. People, when they stress, they will become sensitive.”She continues to talk.

“Is it true that people will become sensitive when they are stress?”Hakyeon asked.

Alisa nods.

“In this world, there were a lot of things we need to fight. First, our emotions. We have to control it and don’t let the emotions control us. Second, the illness. When we were sick, when our heart was hurt, we have to fight the pain and don’t let the pain control you until the pain makes you give up. Third, the enemy. You have to fight your enemy and you don’t have to lose the fight. If you lose it, you will never win again. Now, you are facing two of the facts that I said just now. You have to fight it.”Alisa said.

“Thank you for telling me all of this.I will try.I will think about it.”Hakyeon said.

“Please stay strong, N.”