War

Sometimes Lie is Necessary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks had passed and now it was like a habit for Mina and Nayeon to spend their time together. Either at Mina's apartment or Nayeon's apartment. Sometimes they would go out to eat together or watch movies. Mina chose to always be with Nayeon so that when the stress occurred and Nayeon needed some alcohol and got wasted to forget Mina could be there and protected her. She didn't want something like what happened on their first meeting happened again.

 

Each day passed and her feeling for Nayeon was also getting stronger. And hate for Jinyoung was getting stronger too. After the amusement park incident there were a few times they saw the same view of him cheating and those days would end up in clubs or bars with Nayeon drunk while crying. Mina would always piggyback her home.

 

This was sick. That what Mina always thought. For how many more times Nayeon would ruin her own life.

 

So now there they were, spending their peaceful Sunday afternoon together at Nayeon's apartment with Nayeon browsed chanels randomly on tv and Mina lied with her head on Nayeon's tight, reading novel, maybe. As her thought wasn't on it actually.

 

Mina got up and faced Nayeon.

 

"What's wrong Mina?" Nayeon asked looking at Mina with troubled face. She was debating whether she should ask or not.

 

"Hmmm.. Can i ask you something?

 

"Why do you need my permission to ask?" Nayeon chuckled. "And what with this sudden seriousness?"

 

"Promise me you will answer me and don't mad at me." Mina demanded a  pinky promise.

 

"Alright alright i promise. What do you want to ask? You make me nervous." Nayeon laughed but still doing the promise Mina asked. "Okay what is it?"

 

"Okay.." Mina inhaled and exhaled deeply. "Until when you will stay quiet about that guy cheating on you?"

 

For some seconds the room was filled with silence with just voices from tv as a background.

 

Nayeon's face changed abruptly. "Why are you.. Bringing this up suddenly?"

 

"I can't see you keep hurting yourself unnie. What do you gain with pretending you're clueless? You hope he will stop suddenly?"

 

"Please Mina.. I don't want to talk about this."

 

Nayeon stood up, ready to leave but Mina grabbed her arm and pulled her to sit down again. "No. I haven't finished yet. Please listen. You promise me."

 

Nayeon kept silent without looking at Mina.

 

"At least tell me why won't you confront him. Please." Mina begged.

 

"I.. I love him Mina. He might stop and come back to me. If i confronted him, everything would change, we can't go back to how we were before."

 

"And you will pretend this never happen?"

 

"That's the only way i can think the best for us."

 

"Do you think nothing will change if you pretend he never cheat on you? Stop deceiving yourself unnie."

 

"Why can't i have hope things will go back like before? Why can't you understand me Mina? I thought you understand."

 

"It's not like that. I understand okay. But what if he won't stop?"

 

"How can you be so sure? You can't know what will happen."

 

"He won't stop okay. I just know. But please believe me."

 

Hearing all that made Nayeon mad. Why can't she understand? She always hoped that Mina of all people would understand her. That was all Mina did this past weeks. Understanding Nayeon. But why now?

 

"How can you know about it? I always thought you will support me. Why Mina?"

 

"It's not like that unnie. I always support your decision. But what are you looking for is hopeless."

 

"How-"

 

"I eavesdropped him talking with his friends yesterday." Mina cut before Nayeon could continue. "He knows you found out he's cheating unnie. All this time. He knows from the start. He even makes fun of you with his friends."

 

"You lie! I won't believe you!"

 

"Please believe me. Unnie-"

 

"Stop it Mina. Don't talk about this anymore."

 

"Why can you open your eyes just for once! He plays with your heart! He does it on purpose. He cheats on you right in front of you!" Mina shouted couldn't hold her desperation anymore.

 

"I want to give him a chance okay! And i'm willing to wait for him. As long as i love him."

 

"Then what about me? Do i need to wait for you endlessly waiting for that kind of jerk?"

 

"Wha- what are you talking about?"

 

"Can't you feel it? Is your sense has become dulled because of him?"

 

"What-"

 

"I like you okay! I love you unnie!"

 

Nayeon really shocked to hear Mina sudden confession.

 

"Do you think i would do all these if i don't like you?" Tears started to run out from Mina's eyes.

 

"Mina i-"

 

"Do you think i would willing to do what happened that night if i don't like you?! I like you! As soon as i saw you, i fell in love with you!"

 

Nayeon didn't know what she must say. She never expected things would end up like this. Moreover Mina liked her? She never thought about this possibility. And she almost forgot what she had done to Mina. She was just drown in her own misery without thinking about others. Why never she thought about this fact? If you thought about it again clearly, why would Mina want to do those things with her when they just met that night when she was completely sober? Of course Nayeon knew Mina wasn't the type who would do one night stand things. It wasn't that Nayeon couldn't think of this possibility, she was just too selfish thinking she was the only one who got a heartbreaking problem. She was a jerk.

 

"Mi-mina i'm sorry. I didn't mean it."

 

Mina got up from her seat and took her bag with her.

 

"You don't need to say sorry. I'm the one who loves you, you're not at fault if you can't love me back. But i won't give up. Just you wait, i will make you break up with that cheater bastard and i will snatch you from him!"

 

And just with that Mina left Nayeon dumbfounded. Did Mina say she would make Nayeon break up with Jinyoung and she would snatch her from him? She said that to Nayeon herself? Shouldn't Nayeon be mad at Mina? This was what she didn't want the most right? Broke up with Jinyoung. That was why she kept quiet all this time. But why she can't get mad at Mina even a bit?

 

-------

 

After like a really long time ago they went out together, suddenly Mina called her two friends to hang out with her that day right away after the call. As Dahyun and Tzuyu really didn't have anything to do, they just said okay.

 

They knew something was wrong. With Mina being all hyper active suddenly which was not usual and normal. Plus they could see puffy eyes on Mina's face. They knew Mina was crying. And so they were just following her around wherever she wanted. And now they were in front of an arcade waiting for Mina trying to get a plushie from a claw machine.

 

"Damn! Why am i so bad at this game today? Oh man i want that penguin plushie." Mina grumbled while putting another bills inside the claw machine again. It had been like the twentieth times already. All Dahyun and Tzuyu could do were just standing beside Mina and watched her silently while eyeing at each other, debating on what they must do.

 

"Oh come on! Why am i so at this!" Mina kicked the innocent machine. She took out her wallet again and found nothing left inside.

 

".. That was my last money. Hey can i borrow your money?" Mina looked at her two friends asking. Tzuyu took out her wallet and gave it to Mina then looked at Dahyun, signaling her to start talking.

 

'Start talking Dubu.'

 

'Why must me?'

 

'Since you're the talkative one. So yeah..'

 

It was like a staring contest behind Mina's back for some minutes until finally Dahyun gave up and start talking.

 

"Ehemm.. Are you okay Mina?"

 

"What do you mean? Of course i am. Why do you ask?" She said while taking some money because she failed again.

 

"If you have any problem you can tell us. Maybe we can help." Dahyun said again.

 

"Damn i failed again. There's no problem Dahyun ah." Mina said without looking at Dahyun. "I promise this will be the last one Tzuyu. I'll give it back to you tomorrow."

 

"Mina. We know something is bothering you. Can you tell us what happened?" Now Tzuyu was the one who asked.

 

But to their dismay Mina just kept silently played the claw machine. "Ah really today is ."

 

"We know you have problems disturbing you right now Mina. Suddenly calling us to hang out like that, with your puffy eyes and you being hyper active which is not you." Dahyun said.

 

"Nothing is wrong okay? I just want to hang out with you guys."

 

"So you don't believe us? Okay i won't ask anymore. Just advice for you as your friend. If you have any problems don't wandering aimlessly like this. Wasting your entire money on this stupid claw machine??" Dahyun let her frustration out. Who wouldn't be frustrated anyway? They had walked around the town with no clear destination. And more over Mina would talk endlessly but everything she said were all non sense.

 

"Calm down Dubu." Tzuyu pulled Dahyun's hand. She didn't want any quarrel between her two friends.

 

"You ask us to hang out suddenly okay we come right away to you. But all you did was just walking aimlessly and talking all non sense. And we just following you around clueless on what's wrong with you!" Tzuyu held Dahyun's hand to stop her.

 

"If you don't want to hang out with me then just don't! I don't need your company!"

 

"We're not here if we don't want to hang out with you! But i'm not patient like Tzuyu, i can't following all your non sense like this! I'm done!" Dahyun said then walked away leaving her two friends.

 

"Geez! I don't care!" Mina also walked away leaving Tzuyu dumbfounded. She left with a choice to whom she must follow. Okay she could talk with Dahyun later. What the hell with that girl suddenly got mad like that?

 

 

Tzuyu walked behind Mina following her around until finally Mina settled down on a swing at a park nearby.

 

"Mind if i sit here?" Tzuyu asked which just got a shake of head from Mina.

 

"Wanna talk to me what happened now?" Tzuyu asked again.

 

Mina looked hesitant but maybe talked with a friend could make her feel better. "...Promise me you won't tell anyone?"

 

"Sure i won't."

 

"Okay..." Mina inhaled a lot of air before she continued. "I like Nayeon unnie."

 

It was kinda weird because Mina expected Tzuyu to be surprised by the news but instead she was the one who surprised because Tzuyu wasn't surprised.

 

"You.. Ehmm.. You're not surprised?" Mina asked out of her curiosity.

 

Tzuyu chuckled. "Surprised by what?"

 

"With me like Nayeon unnie and of course i like girls. You know usually people would freak out at first."

 

"Ehm no. I already had one lesbian friend what's wrong with having another one?" Tzuyu shrugged. "Beside you kinda obvious. Being all clingy to Nayeon unnie everyday."

 

"Are you too? You know, like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter