Post-Concert Euphoria

Passing the Guard

“So tell me about the concert, I haven't had the chance to hear about it yet!” Donghyuk asked as he sat down next to Hanbin.

“Oh god do I have to listen to this again?” Junhoe complained, sitting down beside Jinhwan and opposite Bobby.

“I'm sorry if I've been too busy studying to hear about it yet,” Donghyuk replied, rolling his eyes at Junhoe's grumbling form.

“Why are you even complaining, anyway? I've barely talked about it.” Hanbin replied, narrowed eyes on his best friend. Aside from a ten minute conversation about it on the way to school the day before, Hanbin hadn't said a word to Junhoe about the concert. Like Donghyuk, he'd also had lunch-time study periods the past two days, plus he'd been busy the night before with basketball practice.

Junhoe realized his mistake too late. While Hanbin was right, and they'd only had one conversation about it, Junhoe had also been hearing about it from someone else.

Jinhwan.

What had started out as a quick phone call to confirm plans for Saturday night's movie had turned into a two hour long chat, and Junhoe was pretty sure that half of it had just been Jinhwan gushing about the show and how inspiring it had been. Junhoe hadn't minded, of course, because he knew music was really important to Jinhwan. But over half the conversation hadn't even really been about the music itself. It had been about the musician.

“True,” he said, shrugging nonchalantly, “one conversation is enough, though. I mean I can tell from your expression alone that you'll probably drone on and on about it.”

Hanbin quickly looked at Jinhwan, but he was busy studying the menu. Could it be that Junhoe and Jinhwan had talked about it, maybe? No way to know for sure, but Hanbin thought it was likely. If only he could get a confession about the conversation between them, maybe it would be enough to prove something...

His bet with Bobby regarding Junhoe and Jinhwan was coming to a close tomorrow, and while Hanbin was certain there was something going on, he needed proof. If he tried to pry right now he might not get it, though. But it was an opening for one last ditch effort.

“I want to hear him drone on, so if it bothers you, maybe you should go.” Donghyuk retorted.

Junhoe glared at him. “Ah, Donghyuk. I thought we were friends now, why are you being so cold?” The glare was fake, of course, much like Donghyuk's coldly stated demand for Junhoe to leave the table.

“We are friends! That's why I'm not being super nice to you anymore, you're seeing the real me now.” Donghyuk replied with a grin, and it made them both laugh.

“I know you've been busy the past two days, but did you practice your moonwalking yet?” Junhoe asked him, and it made Bobby look up from his menu.

“Did he practice his what?” Bobby asked, looking between Junhoe and Donghyuk. He hadn't gotten the notice that they'd had a night of bonding.

“I'm teaching Donghyuk some iconic Michael Jackson dance moves,” Junhoe replied, “we started with the moonwalk.”

Bobby shook his head, intent on teasing them, but Hanbin elbowed him before he could get it out.

“Don't! I think it's cute,” Hanbin said, smiling fondly at Donghyuk, “was Junhoe a good teacher?”

Donghyuk grinned and looked around the table before answering. “Well, I have to say he was more experienced than I expected.” Hanbin and Donghyuk laughed at the comment, while Junhoe's face turned a little red and Bobby tried not to laugh.

Jinhwan just bit the inside of his cheek and tried to continue studying the menu. Hanbin and Donghyuk had no idea just how true Donghyuk's teasing comment actually was, after all. Jinhwan didn't want to risk giving anything away.

Junhoe kicked out with his foot, connecting with a leg and hoping it was Hanbin's. A cry of pain later and he sat back in victory.

“Don't go kicking me!” Hanbin whined. “If you injure me before we get to the final, I'll murder you. I promise.”

Junhoe just grinned back at him. “Relax! The final's not til next weekend, you're fine.”

“The semi-final is on Wednesday, I'll still murder you.”

“Who do you guys have? Kyunggi?” Bobby asked, happy to keep the conversation on basketball. He'd heard enough gushing from Jinhwan over the course of the past two days, he didn't need to hear it from Hanbin too (he'd gotten enough of it the night of the show). Hanbin had sent him a few pictures the night of the concert and he'd saved them all—except for one. Maybe it was kind of stupid, but he hadn't really been happy to see the picture of Hanbin with the violinist. Of course it was just a musician he'd never see again, but he couldn't help but feel a little jealous seeing Hanbin clinging to him in a picture. While the violinist wasn't Bobby's type (a little too pretty and too made up) there was no denying that he was beautiful.

“Yeah, Kyunggi. I can finally have my revenge on Taeyong from last year.” Hanbin said with a smile.

“Who's Taeyong?” Donghyuk asked.

“He's the point forward at Kyunggi. If you were to look at league game stats, I guess you could say he's my biggest rival.” Hanbin kept a constant watch on league stats. He was currently ahead of Taeyong, and he wanted to keep it that way.

“Ah, wow that'll be fun, then! I was supposed to attend a study group after classes on Wednesday, but I want to come watch you play instead,” Donghyuk made the sudden decision then to do just that, “are you going, Junhoe?”

“I had plans to go home sick right before the game, but I guess I'll have to scrap those now and go with you.” Junhoe teased.

“Are your games at the same time, then?” Jinhwan asked, because he had plans to watch Bobby's semi-final match on Wednesday as well.

“Yeah, same exact time.” Bobby replied.

“You guys are playing Kyungbock, that'll be tough, we barely beat them. Their point guard had a rough start to the season but he's been a beast for the past few games.” Hanbin commented. Between the two teams, he was happier to be playing Kyunggi. It would still be a rough game, but not as rough as Bobby's path.

“Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that. They have a really good power forward too, got one of the best completion rates.” Bobby reached out, laying a hand on Hanbin's thigh without really thinking about it.

“It'll be tough but you guys can beat them. Of course you'll still end up losing to us in the end anyway, but there can only be one winner, and we've already beaten you once.”

Bobby shook his head at Hanbin's taunting jab. In truth he was nervous about playing Hanbin's team again, for both personal and professional reasons. There was a reason why Whimoon was ranked at the top of the league right now, and Bobby remembered how the game had gone last time. Right down to the final second, but Hanbin and his team were very good at controlling the flow of the game.

Bobby was still concerned about himself, though. How would he handle playing Hanbin again? And now Jooheon and Minhyuk knew about their relationship—would it subconsciously change the way they might play? Would Jooheon not go as hard against Hanbin? Or would he go even harder, compensating for Bobby's own potential leniency?

Only time would tell. In the end it was just basketball. That's what he had to keep telling himself.

“Okay so this is all interesting but can we talk about basketball later? I want to hear about the concert.” Donghyuk interrupted, grinning when Bobby glared at him.

“Basketball is more important,” Bobby started, but Hanbin shook his head.

“No he's right, the concert was a one time thing, it deserves attention.” Hanbin winked at him before turning back to Donghyuk. “It was honestly the coolest show I think I've ever been to, but it was also way different than a normal concert, I've never been to anything like it.”

“It was definitely different!” Jinhwan jumped into the conversation, desperate to re-live it again as well. “I've been to a lot of orchestra shows, and a few solo instrumentalist shows, but nothing even came close to this.”

“Yeah honestly it was like classical violin meets pop? Not even music-wise, I mean, but the stage performance. He's got stage charisma like G Dragon, honestly.” Hanbin looked at Jinhwan. “That's a good comparison, right?”

“Totally!” Jinhwan agreed. “He's nothing like any musician I've watched before. He came out in a coffin, the whole show was staged like he was returning to life after his funeral.”

“Oh wow! That's so cool, I'm jealous now, it sounds amazing!” Donghyuk wasn't familiar with violinists or anything, but he loved people that performed with interesting stage personas.

“We sat in really nice padded chairs around candle-lit tables, we were so close to the stage, it was unreal,” Hanbin carried on, “like he was so close to us the entire show; I know I made eye-contact with him a few times.”

“You sure did,” Jinhwan replied with a grin, “Hanbin must have really caught his attention. At one point in the show he came down off the stage and gave Hanbin a rose!”

“What? Did he really?” Donghyuk asked, mouth open in shock. He'd watched the video of the guy and he was gorgeous. He couldn't imagine such a romantic gesture.

Hanbin smiled at the mention. He still had the rose in his room. “Yeah, it was crazy, he stopped right in front of me and handed it to me.”

“We met him after the show,” Jinhwan cut in, “as soon as he saw Hanbin he was all my flower boy!”

Hanbin blushed a little at the mention, while Donghyuk bounced excitedly in his seat. Junhoe was continuously huffing and rolling his eyes as he scanned over the menu, while Bobby...

Bobby was gripping the menu in his hands and trying hard to not be upset. How could he not be, though? Hanbin was fawning over some other guy right in front of him! It didn't matter that it was some celebrity.

Of course it mattered that it was a celebrity. He was being ridiculous right now, wasn't he? The concert had just happened a mere two days ago! Of course it was still exciting. He just had to it up and deal with it tonight—

“I'll show you the picture, I have it saved as my lock screen.”

Saved as my lock screen.

Bobby's knuckles were white from gripping the menu so hard. Hanbin had changed his lock screen? Ever since they'd started dating, Hanbin's lock screen had been the same picture—a shot from their first date. Now he'd replaced it with some ing violinist? Just like that?

“Oh wow, Hanbin, he's so pretty! I can't believe you guys got to touch him! Ah, I'm even more jealous! That's too much, you're so lucky!”

Donghyuk's excited response only shoved the knife in deeper, and Bobby had to remind himself to keep breathing, slowly in and out. His irritation and anger had gone from barely simmering to a raging boil, made worse by the sick feeling in his stomach.

Fine. Let Hanbin fawn over some pretty little musician. Maybe this was just the final nail in the coffin, right? Maybe all of Bobby's little feelings of doubt and insecurity were valid. Maybe he wasn't enough. Maybe Hanbin would get swept away by someone better.

“Honestly pictures don't even do him justice,” Jinhwan added, “he's got this magical kind of aura about him, his eyes, they just do things to you! Honestly, I got just talking to him.”

“I'd totally let him me.” Hanbin added in response, unaware of the raging storm going on beside him.

“Oh god me too!” Jinhwan agreed. “Right here on the damn table,” he slapped both hands down against the wood, “if he walked in the door right now and said drop your pants they would be on the floor.”

Donghyuk and Hanbin both burst into laughter, while Junhoe shook his head again and levelled an annoyed glare at Jinhwan. “Hyung, there are families here trying to eat!”

Jinhwan grinned back at him, giving him a playful little wink. He wondered if it bothered Junhoe to hear him talk so casually about another guy? He hoped not, since what they had wasn't anything serious. Junhoe didn't look upset, at least. Didn't he get quiet when he was upset?

“A little extra spice never hurt anyone's meal,” Jinhwan replied, knocking his knee into Junhoe's. Junhoe grinned at the contact but went back to his menu. Jinhwan was certain that meant that his assumptions were correct. Junhoe wasn't bothered.

Junhoe really wasn't bothered by the conversation, despite it not being his first choice of topic. Jinhwan could do whatever he wanted, whoever, too. They weren't dating, after all, didn't even have any kind of exclusive deal going on. Besides it was a celebrity he'd never see again! There was no cause for concern. Except concern that someone might overhear their discussion and complain to management.

“You guys are too much,” Donghyuk said, wiping the tears from his eyes after laughing so hard, “not that I disagree with you, of course.”

Jinhwan grinned at Donghyuk's comment, but any response to it was halted when he looked at Bobby. They'd been friends for so long that Jinhwan knew what every single one of Bobby's faces meant, and right now he was wearing an expression that was all anger, and it made Jinhwan feel terrible.

Of course Bobby would be upset. He was already a little insecure about his relationship, and now he'd just listened to Hanbin talk about some other guy. He himself hadn't helped matters at all, talking about the flower and bringing up how breathtakingly gorgeous the violinist was. He should have known better. He knew they had to address it right away, otherwise Bobby would let it stew all night and it would probably end in an argument, with Bobby saying something he didn't really mean.

“Jiwon-ah! You look upset, are you jealous?” Jinhwan didn't often use Bobby's Korean name, he tended to reserve it for moments like this, when he knew Bobby was upset, and he wanted to have some way to give him a signal that he knew the situation was serious.

Bobby shook his head and continued to stare down at the menu, refusing to raise his eyes. “I'm good.” His voice was strained, though, and Jinhwan knew it meant trouble.

Nothing to do but try to weasel something out of him. “Oh come on, you're jealous, I know you are. Of a musician, too! Some famous guy who lives in the US, just here on tour.” Jinhwan tried to make light of it because it usually yielded faster results than trying to get Bobby to open up. Bobby was not the sort of person who shared his feelings easily, especially not over something so vulnerable.

It was all Bobby could do to keep from blowing up at Jinhwan right now. Was he jealous? Of course he was jealous! One after another, the blows had kept coming: the reminder that there would always be someone better than him, the honey in Hanbin's voice when he'd talked about the guy, the lock screen, and then the comment about getting ed by him?

And Jinhwan had the audacity to act like he shouldn't be upset? This entire thing was Jinhwan's fault, if he thought about it. Jinhwan had invited Hanbin without asking him. Jinhwan had probably found a way to meet the guy. Jinhwan brought up the sensitive topics.

And now he wanted to make light of the situation?

He was about to reply but then he felt a hand on his leg, Hanbin's hand, and Bobby just wanted to pull away. Despite being angry at Jinhwan, it's not like Hanbin had no fault in this, after all. He couldn't bring himself to look at Hanbin, though. He'd probably crumple if Hanbin looked upset, he'd probably give in and try to console him instead. Which was bull.

“Can we just order already? I'm hungry.” Bobby tried to keep the acid out of his tone, tried to deflect the topic even though he hadn't been able to read a single word on the menu. All he kept thinking of was that damn picture on Hanbin's phone. That picture that had replaced him.

He could feel the weight of all four stares on him, he could tell they were all watching him, waiting for something. What the did they want? He was trying to keep things from blowing up, trying to stay civil. He wasn't even sure why, though. The more he thought about it the angrier it made him.

I'd let him me.

What had possessed Hanbin to even say it in front of him? Why did he think it was okay? How could he just say that and not expect it to cause problems? Bobby couldn't think of anything except a bitter response. You'd let him you, but what about your own boyfriend? Am I not good enough?

“Come on, I can tell you're seething about it.” Jinhwan was almost tempted to pull Bobby outside, to let him fly off the handle at him so it would save him from being angry to Hanbin's face, at least.

Why wouldn't Jinhwan just drop it? Bobby finally looked up at him, only for a moment, quickly training his eyes back on the menu. “Seething, huh? Why the hell would I be seething? Not a big deal, every guy would be thrilled to hear his boyfriend talk about ing someone else.”

Hanbin froze, hearing the venom in Bobby's voice, shocked that he really was angry. Over what, a little celebrity crush? Was Bobby that insecure in their relationship that he'd get that upset over the conversation? Okay, so maybe he could accept a little jealousy, enough to ask for a change in topic. But Bobby was angry and Hanbin couldn't wrap his head around the reason. They were just talking, nothing had actually happened.

He thought back to that moment in Bobby's bedroom, when he'd thought about fleeing the situation instead of staying, because he was thinking about fleeing right now. That wouldn't be productive, though. He had to accept that he'd had a part in making Bobby upset, even if he didn't think it was a good reason.

He was just terrible at accepting things he disagreed with. He'd spent weeks catering to his ex-boyfriend's mood swings during the end of that relationship, and he'd told himself he wouldn't let it happen again.

But Bobby usually wasn't like this. He hadn't struck Hanbin as the type to get jealous over someone else. Bobby was confident and sure of himself, it was a big part of Hanbin's attraction to him. To see him seething in jealousy over his comments was ridiculous. Hanbin didn't know what to say, wasn't sure how to even get Bobby to talk when he refused to look up from the menu.

“Don't be ridiculous, hyung,” Donghyuk's voice surprised them all, “it's not worth being jealous over.”

Bobby looked up from the menu, his eyes on Donghyuk. Donghyuk barely knew him, who was he to say what was worth being upset over?

“Hanbin's crazy about you, this is just a product of post-concert euphoria. Haven't you ever had a little crush on a celebrity before?”

Great. Now Donghyuk was making him look like the bad guy, all because Donghyuk didn't know the whole story. Perfect. “Just because I don't like hearing something, it doesn't mean I'm angry about it,” Bobby replied, “you guys are making a big deal out of this when it's nothing. Let's just order our food already.”

He looked back at the menu, but he was sure that everyone was still watching him. Hanbin's hand was back on his leg again and Bobby had to fight the urge to brush it off. Maybe Donghyuk had a point. Maybe he was overreacting a little? Even if he wasn't, this wasn't exactly the place to talk about it. So even though he didn't really want to, Bobby took Hanbin's hand and threaded their fingers together.

He was being stupid. He looked at Hanbin and just as he'd anticipated, the look on Hanbin's face had Bobby feeling protective. He forced himself to smile, but he could tell it wasn't enough, because Hanbin still looked lost.

You're so ing whipped for this kid, you idiot.

Bobby leaned over and planted a kiss on Hanbin's cheek, making it as loud as possible, and only then did Hanbin smile properly, that cute little dimple coming out. Bobby let go of Hanbin's hand and instead put his arm around his shoulders, pulling him a bit closer. That seemed to placate Hanbin, Bobby could feel it in his body language. Hanbin leaned into him and reached out to grab onto the menu Bobby was still holding, pulling it closer until they could both read it.

Bobby kissed his cheek again and wondered if he'd ever be able to stay upset with Hanbin over anything. Maybe it was a good thing that he couldn't. His father often said that the key to a long and happy relationship lay in being able to let go of things that weren't important.

So Hanbin had talked about ing that stupid violin guy—it's not like he would ever get the chance, though. So he'd changed his lock screen. Bobby doubted he'd keep that picture there forever. The concert had only happened two days ago. Hanbin had kept it as a picture of their first date for a month, it would still be their first date if not for the concert.

He'd just have to do something for Hanbin that was more exciting than a concert. He'd have to remind him why seeing Bobby's face should take priority over the violinist.

“So are we all resolved now? No more hard feelings?” Jinhwan asked, because he wanted to be sure. Surprisingly it seemed like Bobby had calmed down. It usually took longer for him to get over things. Maybe he wasn't really over it, though? Was he trying to move on because he thought he was outnumbered? Trying to save face?

Bobby looked up from the menu that he'd finally started to read, his eyes locking on Jinhwan's. “The only hard feelings I have are for my hot boyfriend.” He winked at Jinhwan before returning his attention to the menu, and he was rewarded with a kiss on the cheek from Hanbin, and squealing laughter from Donghyuk.

Junhoe, on the hand, gave him nothing but a disgusted sigh. “Can you two momentarily go back to being awkward, please? You're absolutely disgusting right now and I've lost my appetite.”

“Don't worry, Junhoe, I have something to feed you.” Hanbin grinned at him from across the table, winking when Junhoe finally looked at him.

“I hope it's not your .” Junhoe replied, frowning at Hanbin.

“Nope, that's exclusively for Bobby oppa.” Hanbin replied teasingly, punctuating the comment with a kiss to Bobby's neck. Bobby grinned and Junhoe huffed in disgust.

“Ugh, god you're disgusting. So what is it, then?” Junhoe stared at Hanbin, and even though he seemed bothered on the outside, on the inside he was happy and relieved that the tension between Hanbin and Bobby had abated so quickly. He thought Bobby had a point, but at the same time he knew that Hanbin didn't really understand jealousy.

Hanbin grinned back at him, balling one hand into a fist. “A knuckle sandwich.”

Jinhwan clucked and shook his head. “Ah, Hanbin! I don't think Junhoe is quite experienced enough for a proper .”

All five of them broke into laughter at the comment, even Junhoe, and it was like every speck of awkwardness was removed from them. They finally focused enough on the menus to order, and the conversation went back to basketball for a while.

A distraction came about half an hour later.

“Junhoe-ya! Second time this week that we meet unexpectedly.”

Junhoe looked up from his bowl of noodles. “Are you stalking me, hyung?”

Yunhyeong shrugged. “I might be, so you better watch out!” He looked around the table, not recognizing two of the guys but having a good guess as to who they might be. “Hey Hanbin, hey Donghyuk!”

Hanbin waved to him (unable to speak with his mouth full) while Donghyuk gave a proper greeting.

“Yunhyeong hyung, it's good to see you again.” He smiled warmly, more than pleased to see his newest crush again. It didn't even matter what it was for—Yunhyeong was just nice to look at.

Yunhyeong nodded back at him before turning his attention to the guy beside Hanbin. Had to be the new boyfriend.

“Hi, I'm Bobby, Hanbin's boyfriend.” Bobby stood up and shook his hand, and they both bowed politely to each other.

“I thought so! I've heard your name a few times, it's nice to meet you!” Bobby wasn't quite what Yunhyeong had expected, but Hanbin looked at him with such a fond expression that Yunhyeong thought it was cute. He turned to the other guy, taking in his appearance. Was it Junhoe's mysterious friend, maybe?

“I'm Jinhwan, I'm their chaperone.”

Yunhyeong grinned at the joke, and suddenly wondered if it was possible that Jinhwan was Junhoe's friend with benefits? Could it possibly be? They were friends now, of course, but had enough time passed for Junhoe to let go of all of his animosity towards Jinhwan? They didn't really seem physically close, but then he couldn't really compare them to Hanbin and Bobby.

And if it was Jinhwan, Junhoe would probably want to hide it from Hanbin, wouldn't he? Yunhyeong needed some time to process the possibilities.

“Well it's nice to finally meet the two of you, but I just came over to say hi, I have to get back to my date. See you around!” Yunhyeong bowed and left their table, heading back to his own. He sat down opposite a girl and Donghyuk frowned when he saw, letting out a sad sigh without realizing it.

Junhoe heard it though and looked over at him, guessing what the look of dejection was for. “Ah, don't be disheartened, Donghyuk! That's his sister.”

Hanbin's head snapped up and turned to look at Donghyuk too. “Wait, don't tell me you have a thing for Yunhyeong hyung?”

Donghyuk smiled shyly and shrugged. “Why, should I not have a thing for him?”

“No, I mean, it's fine, there's nothing wrong with him.” Hanbin replied, looking at Junhoe. “I don't think he's into guys, though, is he?”

“No idea, he doesn't really talk about himself when we're together.” Junhoe shrugged.

“Ah right, he just listens to you blather on about yourself,” Hanbin teased before looking back at Donghyuk, “even if you are going to have a crush on a straight guy, at least it's a cute one.”

“Hey now, Hanbin, watch yourself.” Junhoe teased, though he hoped that Bobby wouldn't take offense to the comment.

“It's fine,” Hanbin replied dismissively, grinning at Bobby, “I'm not into cute guys anyway, so it's okay.”

“Oh yeah?” Bobby replied, and he wasn't bothered at all by Hanbin's comment this time. He didn't know Yunhyeong, but he clearly wasn't a threat. “What kind of guys are you into?”

Hanbin dropped his gaze to Bobby's chest, travelling back up slowly. “I like hot guys.”

Bobby couldn't stop himself from smiling.

“Then why are you with Bobby hyung?” Junhoe teased before he could stop himself.

Bobby glared at him but Hanbin was quick to respond.

“Have you seen him without a shirt on?” He slid a hand over Bobby's chest before squeezing his bicep. “He's stacked, it's super hot.”

Bobby hoped he wasn't blushing. Normally he'd be the one showing his own upper body off at comments like this, but something about hearing it out of Hanbin's mouth just made it a little better. Of course he knew that Hanbin liked his physique, but it wasn't something he ever said out loud with words. It was nice hearing it.

Junhoe groaned again and everything went back to normal. They finished their dinner and left, and Donghyuk plead with them to go over and say goodbye to Yunhyeong, just to look at him again. Once they were outside Bobby and Hanbin walked side by side, Bobby's arm slung around Hanbin's shoulders, holding him tightly.

Donghyuk was right. Hanbin was crazy about him. Bobby just wasn't used to dating someone he was also crazy about, and he really needed to figure out how to get a handle on the whole jealousy thing. It wasn't something that should have made him so angry earlier. It was just wounded pride and insecurity, they were a dangerous combination that he sorely needed to avoid.

Eventually they decided to get drinks and sit down outside a cafe near the river. Jinhwan asked Junhoe about the dance moves he was teaching Donghyuk, and soon enough the three of them were up practicing, leaving Bobby and Hanbin alone at their table.

“So, about dinner tomorrow,” Bobby started, looking at Hanbin with a playful grin, “decided where you're taking me?”

Hanbin frowned and looked at his friends. Junhoe was demonstrating the move for Jinhwan, who was staring intently at him, and Hanbin once again was certain there was something more going on. “Ah, there's still one night left!”

“Not gonna happen,” Bobby replied, “especially not if Donghyuk's third wheeling.”

“You never know, Jinhwan might sneak out tonight and wind up at Junhoe's!” Hanbin joked.

“Nope, I'm locking him in his room as soon as we get home, he's not going anywhere.”

Hanbin shook his head and tore his eyes away from them, looking at Bobby. The look on Bobby's face was tenderly affectionate, and it wasn't really something Hanbin was used to seeing. Woosung had never looked at him like that, not once in their entire relationship. Bobby often looked at him like that, though, and it always made Hanbin feel warm all over. “Maybe you should sneak out some time and come visit me.”

Bobby's eyes lit up. “Tell me when and I'm there.”

Hanbin wished he had the nerve to do it, which was kind of weird when he thought about it. Everything with Bobby was so different compared to Woosung—he himself was most different, though. He was happy with Bobby, all the time, the way he thought you were supposed to be happy when you were dating. It wasn't just because it was new, either. Bobby was just a better match for him.

He leaned in closer and Bobby kissed the top of his head. “Well if you haven't decided on a place yet, I think we should go for barbeque, but at a top place, and get the best meat.”

Hanbin laughed at the suggestion. “So you're not only going to make me pay, but you're going to make me cook for you too?”

“Yeah, and you can feed me too.” Bobby teased before kissing him again.

Hanbin took his phone out, quickly typing in his password. He paused for a moment, eyes on his phone background. It was the first picture Bobby had ever sent him, before their first official date. Hanbin still thought it was the most perfect picture of Bobby that existed. He opened his browser, looking for higher end barbeque places in the city.

His dad had already promised him that he could use his credit card for the dinner if needed, and had told him that he could go wherever he wanted as long as he was responsible about the money. Maybe they should go somewhere nice, somewhere they could dress up a little.

Bobby heard Hanbin typing on his phone and he cautiously looked down, surprised to see him checking out restaurants. “So do you give up, then?” Bobby asked.

Hanbin sighed and looked out at his friends again. They were doing the moonwalk, and all three of them were smiling and laughing. But Junhoe's eyes kept lingering on Jinhwan, and it killed Hanbin. He just knew there was something going on. Junhoe didn't look at guys the way he was looking at Jinhwan, not unless he was attracted to them.

“Ah, I think I have to. They're hiding whatever's going on, I know it. It's like they don't want me to know.”

“Of course they don't want you to know,” Bobby replied, “they're probably worried you'd tease the hell out of them.”

“Well they're not wrong,” Hanbin replied with a laugh, “but still! You see it too, don't you?”

Bobby didn't mind admitting it now that the bet was pretty much over. “Yeah, there might be something going on. Can't say for sure, but it seems likely.”

Hanbin frowned again and watched them. Their behaviour was very flirty, and at one point Jinhwan caught Hanbin staring at them. Jinhwan winked at him before turning his attention back to Junhoe, and Hanbin was certain Jinhwan was doing it just to taunt him.

Oh well. They'd be open about their relationship eventually, and when they were Hanbin would tease them twice as hard.