Chapter 5

Poor People Don't Deserve Happy Endings.

 

Today, Woohyun's family were handing out free breakfast at a different block than last time. Woohyun was busy spreading his warm smile while handling foods to the needy people.

"Here you go, enjoy!" He exclaimed as the old man receiving the packet smiled back at him, pleased by his cheerful attitude.

Secretly, he was hoping Haerin would show up, but he knew there's only skinny chance it would ever happened as the block was quite far away from the last block they handed breakfast, the block where he met Haerin. 

*This morning will be so much better if she shows up* he hopefully thought.

Suddenly, he saw 3 big sized man who seemed to be dragging the girl in between them just across the street. She seemed so hopeless and that made his heart worry for some reason. 

*is it some kind of kidnapping? Are they going to do something bad to her?* His eyebrows ceased in worry. 

"Sunggyu hung!" Woohyun called his older brother who was busy pouring teas into the cups inside the van.

"What?" Sunggyu shouted back while looking at Woohyun.

"Can you substitute me for a moment? I need to go somewhere," he asked while keeping his eyes on the men, hoping they would slow down. 

"Ok," Sunggyu said as he crawled out of the van to Woohyun's spot.

Woohyun smiled gratefully and ran to the men. He tapped on one of the man's shoulder and the man turned around, his face crumpled, obviously annoyed.

Woohyun was intimidated, but he tried to appear calm and asked softly, hoping his lie would succeed.

"Excuse me, where are you taking my sister?" he asked gently. Inside, his heart was palpitating like crazy. *Please don't let them be her family, or I'll be dead*

The girl looked up, her eyebrows ceased in confusion. 

*Her face's familiar….. She's the girl!*