Chapter 14

Poor People Don't Deserve Happy Endings.

 

Sungjong was fast asleep in how hospital gown, IV planted into his left hand. Haerin sat beside him, gazing at her brother's feature. His expression were soft and he was very calm at this stage. She softly rubbed his forehead. *Sungjong-ah. You'll be ok now* she smiled gratefully.

The two brothers were standing at the end of Sungjong's bed, Woohyun gazing at Haerin whilst Sunggyu gazing at Sungjong. They were both glad they had made someone happy today. *Haerin-ah, I'm here for you now. Don't worry too much about everything* Woohyun softened.

Haerin finally stood up from her chair and faced the siblings. Her lips clasped firmly and she bowed to them. "Thank you, thank you so much for your help. I promise I would find a way to pay my debt to you guys," she said gratefully.

"There's no need for that, Haerin-ah," Sunggyu said humbly. "How about we get something to eat and let Sungjong rest here?" Woohyun suggested. Haerin was hesitating at fist, but finally she agreed and they all headed to the cafeteria downstairs.

Haerin sat down across from Woohyun as they both wait for Sunggyu who was buying the foods. They both just fiddled with their fingers, not knowing what to say. Finally Sunggyu came with 2 trays filled with foods and he handed each of them a serving. 

They all began to eat in silence. She play around with her food as her mind was not focussing on it. "What's wrong? You don't like it?" Woohyun finally noticed her dazed. "Ah… No, no. I like the food, it's just…" she sighed as she paused for a while. The siblings looked at her in confusion. Haerin nervously looked at them before asking, "Is there really nothing I could do to pay you guys back?" she asked hopefully.

They both softened. "Haerin, stop worrying about it. We love to help people, ok? we're doing it because we want to. It's not like you asked for it," Woohyun explained. "Yes, Haerin. Stop worrying about it," Sunggyu added.

Sunggyu knew she was still thinking about it and would never stop thinking about it. therefore, he came up with a solution. "Well, we could use some help handing out meals, though," he said. Haerin looked at him and excitedly nodded. 

"I'll do it," She quickly said. Woohyun looked at his brother, confused. But, Sunggyu just gave him a wink. Woohyun quickly nodded to himself. *Sunggyu hung always have ways to help people* he admired inside. 

"Well, sure. If it's ok for you to wake up early…" "I'm use to it," Haerin quickly added with determination in every word. Woohyun and Sunggyu was amused by her reaction and looked at each other. They both nodded and looked back to Haerin, "You're hired," Sunggyu said as he held out his hand. 

Haerin shook his hand while smiling and they all continue to eat.

*I can get closer to her now* Woohyun danced inside as he happily finished his meal.