Chapter 3

Poor People Don't Deserve Happy Endings.

 

Ever since that day, every morning she had been running to the place just for the sake of meeting that boy again, well, also to get a decent breakfast for Sungjong, but no luck. The van had never come again. She waited until around 11 am every time before she went away to look for food before coming back home. 

She began to lose hope and stopped coming to the spot after 3 weeks. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Noona…" Sungjong whined as he curled his body in a fetal position to decreased the pain he was having.

"Sungjong-ah…." Haerin sighed sadly as she wiped the sweat off his poor little brother's warm and pale face. 

This morning, Sungjong's condition had been worse. His body was sweating all over and yet he felt really cold. His head was spinning as if there was a tornado inside. His body ached all over as if an elephant stomped all over it.

Haerin looked at him sadly. There was nothing she could do beside wiping his sweat and rubbing his body to warm him up a little. *I wish I could be the one that's sick instead of him. I can't stand the sight of him suffering like this* she sighed again. 

"Noona, it's cold…" Sungjong cried as tears began to slide down his cheeks. 

"Ottokhae…" she mumbled unconsciously. *We need medicine, but, I've got no money* she fidgeted in concern. *no other way*

"Sungjong-ah, hold on, okay? I'll get some medicine for you, alright?" she whispered as she brushed his hear out of his sweaty forehead. 

He knew inside what his sister's going to do, steal the medicine. Inside, he was really against it, but they had no choice and his pain was excruciating. 

He looked at his sister hopelessly before grabbing her hand and squeezing it. "Noona, please be careful," he croaked. 

She smiled at his brother's concern and squeezed his hand back, "I will, don't worry," she whispered before tucking his brother inside the blanket and heading out to hunt for medicine.