Chapter 10

Poor People Don't Deserve Happy Endings.

 

Haerin and Sungjong was walking back home from the park hand in hand. They free hands holding their box of meal. Haerin kept on smiling along the way, which was completely strange for Sungjong.

"Noona," he called timidly. Haerin turned to him, a very satisfied and happy smile was visible on her face, "stop being creepy," he whispered. 

Haerin's eyes widened before flicking his temples playfully. "I'm not being creepy, ok!" she argued.

"That smile, they don't belong on your face. It doesn't fit your image!" he playfully whined.

"What image?" she raised one of her eyebrow.

"I don't know… um… scarily emo image?" he laughed at his own statement. 

She poked his forehead, but still laughed along with him. Sungjong was glad to see his noona smiling and being happy instead of her usual tired and depressed expression. He was feeling very thankful for Woohyun because it was clear that he was the reason behind his noona's smile. *whatever that creepy hung did to my noona, it clearly works like a charm* he smiled himself. He was still curious about her and Woohyun's history, but he decided to drop it because all that matter was that his noona was all smiley and happy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Haerin was not the only person who was being all smiley that afternoon. Woohyun, who was sitting beside his brother Sunggyu who was driving the van because their driver need to leave early, was all smiley too. It was, also, creepy for Sunggyu. He knew that his brother was a smiling angel, they both are. Their smile can lit up the whole universe. Their smile made everyone's day. But, he found it weird. It had been a tiring day for them today, because there were more homeless than usual. He was extremely tired and yet his brother was just sitting beside him, smiling as if he just won the lottery, showing no tiredness whatsoever. 

"Woohyun ah, you high?" Sunggyu chuckled at his own question while keeping his eyes focused on the road.

Woohyun turned his head to face his brother and gave him a look. Sunggyu saw it from the corner of his eye and giggled, "you know, high as in drunk," he added, causing Woohyun to elbowed his brother rib. Sunggyu oof-ed and rubbed his rib while keep on chuckling.

"No, hung. I'm not high, I'm not drunk," Woohyun rolled his eyes and smiled again, recalling what he just achieved this morning.

"Then, what's with the creepy smile?" Sunggyu asked without looking at him.

"Excuse me, it's not creepy. This smile can melt the hearts of people ranging from…" 

"Okay there, stove tops boy, who's the girl?" Sunggyu rolled and his eyes and cut Woohyun's too dramatic monolog.

"W-what girl?" he asked nervously. Sunggyu chuckled, "oh, come on. We're dudes. Only 2 things that can make us smile like that, a girl or a newly downloaded video." "HYUNG!" Woohyun yelped, surprised by his brother's vulgar expression. Sunggyu just laughed at his brother's reaction. Woohyun scrunched his nose and punch his brother's upper arm lightly. 

"So, it's gotta be a girl, right? Cause I can't even imagine my little brother getting all smiley and bright because of video," Sunggyu joked. 

"Don't worry hyung, I'm not you," Woohyun smirked, earning him a flick on his temple. Woohyun rubbed his temple and turned his head to his brother who was just laughing. He laughed along with his brother. "So, Woo ah, spill it," Sunggyu insisted. Woohyun sighed, "such a nosy brother," he teased before explaining everything to him. The first time Haerin and him met, the accident and all her stories she told him in the park. It's not that he wanted to spill her misery to everyone, it's just his brother. he trusted him and he couldn't think of a reason why Sunggyu should spill her miserable life story to other people, anyway.

"So, it's just the two of them, alone?" Sunggyu asked, his eyes still attached to the road ahead of him. Woohyun nodded. "And the little boy has been sick all along?" Woohyun nodded again. "And she got no job?" again, he nodded. "wow…"

"I know," Woohyun sighed sadly, "what a world," he added while shaking his head in disagreement.

"Well, that's life Woohyun. Some people got it handed on a silver platter, like us, while the rest was just thrown into the jungle," Sunggyu said wisely, as usual. He was always the wise guy. Woohyun looked at his brother, adoring him. He had always been Woohyun's role model. Woohyun can always seek his help whenever he got into trouble. He never judged, nor did he ever accused. He just listened and solved the problems. Woohyun smiled, grateful to have such a wonderful brother. 

"Hey, I've got an idea" Sunggyu suddenly said excitedly. Woohyun looked at him, fully curious. Sunggyu began explaining his idea and Woohyun's eyes began to sparkle. Oh, how he love to have him a his brother.