Chapter 11

Poor People Don't Deserve Happy Endings.

 

"I'm going, Sungjong. I won't be long," Haerin announced as she finished her shoe knot. "Okay, noona! be careful," Sungjong, who was lying on the mattress because his whole body ache, waved at her and smiled. Haerin waved back before heading out, not forgetting to lock the door.

*I knew it. I shouldn't have brought him out yesterday. Now, he's sick again* she sighed sadly as she walked out of the small alley. 

She turned her head, observing every inches of the road for any possible food to bring back home or maybe, just maybe, any opportunity for a job. She desperately need one right now. She decided to head to the right direction and just walked along the road. 

She was just kicking all the pebbles 'blocking' her way anxiously as she had been walking for 15 minutes and yet there's no food available. Well, there were lots of good people could buy for breakfast, but she got no money, as usual. Therefore, she was seeking for an opportunity to steal something. 

"Haerin!" Someone called her from a distance. Her head shot up, alert. Se turned to the voice direction and saw Woohyun running to her with a plastic bag in his hand. He stopped before her and straightened himself. She looked at him in confusion, "what are you doing here? Is your van handing breakfast in this neighborhood?" she asked.

Woohyun shook his head no, "we are handing breakfast far away from here, but on the way we passed through your neighborhood. There's my van," he pointed at a van parking quite far away from them. "I just want to give you this," he handed her the plastic bag. She looked inside and found 2 boxes of meal neatly packed. She smiled gratefully as she grip onto the plastic bag tightly. 

"Thank you and sorry for troubling you," she bowed down to him. Woohyun smiled and shook his head, "nah, you're not. i was the one who wanted to gave this to you. I just want to help my friend," he smiled.

Haerin's heart made beats faster at the word 'friend'. She hadn't heard that word for a very long time and it gave her warmth somehow. *This feeling, it's nice* she smiled.

"Alright, I need to go. See you tomorrow, maybe?" he asked, even though he already knew that he would see her tomorrow. It was because of his awesome brother Sunggyu. His brother was actually the one who suggested for them to deliver breakfast exclusively for Haerin and his brother every morning. He though that by doing that, he could help 2 people, Haerin and his brother. He could help ease Haerin's burden of seeking for food every morning for his brother and he could help Woohyun get closer to Haerin, because it was very clear that Woohyun had a crush on her. Sunggyu also told Woohyun not to tell Haerin about this as she could think that they just pitied her. Therefore, they both need to think for a reason to tell her every morning, not that Woohyun mind. *as long as I can get closer to you, I'll even go as far as Googling a reason* Woohyun thought.

"Sure," Haerin smiled. Woohyun beamed before giving Haerin a small wave and ran to his van. Haerin gazed at Woohyun's van disappearing down the road and unknowingly smiled *maybe my life is heading to a better direction now that I've met you, Woohyun-sshi*.