Chapter 16

Poor People Don't Deserve Happy Endings.

 

"Boss," Dongwoo quickly bowed in respect and stepped back as Hoya approached Haerin. Hoya didn't even took a single glance at Dongwoo, his eyes was fixed on Haerin. 

She held her breath, afraid of any possibilities that could happen to her. Behind her, Woohyun was being held back by Sunggyu. "Woohyun," Sunggyu grumbled lowly, warning him. *Lay a hand on her, and you'll be a dead meat* Woohyun thought. 

Hoya stopped in front of her and she looked up to his face. No words came out from either of their mouth. Haerin was just frozen there, contemplating between apologizing or staying strong to her ground. Hoya, on the other hand, just grazed at her face with so much love and affection, there's not even a trace of anger on his expression. But, even so, Haerin kept glaring coldly at him. 

The unexpected happen. Hoya, the boss of the gangster ruling the Hongdae area, bowed. Everyone was taken back, especially Haerin. Her eyes bulged in surprise. Finally, after some minutes, Hoya looked up and straightened himself. 

Haerin looked at him, dazed.

"I'm sorry my boys had caused such a riot. We won't cause anymore trouble. You can carry on. I'm truly sorry," he said gently as he motioned all of his men to back off. All of them was surprised but left with no choice but to go back to their van.

"But boss…" Dongwoo tried to complain. "You should've known better not to go against any of my words, Dongwoo," Hoya grumbled. All colors were drained from Dongwoo's face in fear as he ran to the van. 

Sunggyu and Woohyun quickly went to Haerin's side, "You okay?" Woohyun asked. Haerin just gave a quick nod.

Hoya looked back to the three of them and once again bowed, "I'm apologizing on behalf of those hooligans," he sincerely uttered. 

"That's ok, it's our fault anyway for trespassing other people's territory," Sunggyu replied and bowed also. 

"No, that's alright. You can carry on with whatever you're doing. I better get going," Hoya said before walking back to his van and quickly drove away. 

The three of them just stared at the disappearing van with so much unanswered questions flooding each of their mind. 

"What had just happened?" Woohyun wondered loudly. Sunggyu sighed, "I have no idea. We should just be glad that nothing happened and no one gets hurt," he said wisely. The other two nodded their head to themselves before entering their van and driving away, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the gangs van, no one uttered a single word. Awkward silence filled the air instead of the usual loud and carefree laughs. 

Hoya was sitting on the passenger seat beside Dongwoo who tensely driving the van. Hoya was just staring out the window. Painful memories filled his head. As his tears were just about to fell from his eyes, he quickly shook his head, regaining his senses. Dongwoo just eyed him in confusion, and yet did not even dare to said a word. 

"All of you," suddenly Hoya's cold voice was heard, gaining all the attention of the passengers in the van, "listen to my words as I will only say this once. Do not, in all condition, caused such a riot like a hunch of uneducated hooligans. And especially, you're all banned from harming girls, even when you think they deserve it. First ultimatum goes to you, Dongwoo," Hoya warned them in such a cold and scary voice. All of the quickly nodded their heads without much question, although they do wonder the reason behind their boss attitude, but they're too afraid of their lives to asked. 

Hoya knew his crew were confused by his behavior, but he didn't even bother to explain to them, he just mumbled on sentence incoherently,

"I don't want any other man to feel the depression I felt when she was gone"