Answers that lie hidden

The Reminiscence of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wake up immediately sitting up, drenched in sweat and gasping for some air. "Je Yeun". Joong Gi sat next to my bedside as he held the side of my face with the hand of his palm. I gasp seeing him, my thoughts gravitating towards concern. My heart worried to death after re-dreaming the devastating separation between us. "Joong Gi.. you're here"... I whispered to him holding his forearm and pulling him in for an embrace. I laid my head on the side of his neck, my arms wrapped around his broad shoulders. "I was so scared. They took you away and I couldn't reach for you.".. I tell him the dream I just experienced sobbing quietly in tears. 
"Je Yeun.".. Joong Gi tightened his hold as he caressed the back of my head gently.

He realized what I was dreaming of- they were memories of Yu Euns' in which I could not differentiate. "I'm right here".. He whispered pulling away from me to look me in my sad eyes, our foreheads gently meet. "You're dreams, they're just dreams. It's past now. We're here now.".. Joong Gi reached out his hand to hold mine as I nod my head in agreement. 

Coming to my senses, I realized I had past out for a few hours. The sun no longer present and the night prying upon us. I stare out the window seeing the darkness confused. I wasn't the one who needed the rest. Turning to look at Joong Gi, I held his hands. "I-...I didn't mean to worry you like this. How can-"... A flash of what happened before I past out came to me abruptly. Remembering the situation, I held the side of my neck, feeling a bandage on it. I look to Joong Gi searching in his eyes as he looked away. "How are you feeling now?".. I asked him accepting his true identity and ignoring the question I knew would anger him. 

Joong Gi smirked in sarcasm. "Much better if that's what you're getting at.".. He spoke seemingly ashamed to have shown me who he was. Without seeing any difference between him and I, I just smile lightly. "I'm glad. At least you're feeling much better..".. I caressed the bandage on my neck lightly with my fingers. "Aren't you scared? Now that you know who I am?"..Joong Gi asked conflicted between my reaction and what he thought how I would have reacted. Unsure of how to answer his question, nothing about him was scary, I was only worried all this time about him. "Why would I be scared?.. If I was scared, i would have ran away. If I was scared I wouldn't have worrried about you, but somehow my heart is only concerned about your well being.".. I tell him feeling my heart skip a beat. 

I watch as he stood abruptly grabbing my arms, my shoulders flinching. "Why aren't you scared? I'm a monster. I hurt you.".. He asked me in a sad tone of voice, his eyes watering with tears he seemed to have been holding back. I looked him in the eyes and pointed my finger to his chest. "Because whatever you are, whoever you are, I know in you're heart, you're still just human.".. I spoke words that I meant in which Joong Gi pulled me in for an embrace once more. He held me tightly as I heard him suddenly sobbing quietly. My heart feeling his pain, I closed my eyes caressing his back.

"Joong Gi.."..I called to him feeling his pounding heart. This poor man, was still just a boy who's been in the dark for so long. I couldn't help but to feel truly sympathetic. My heart began to skip beats over and over again. The tension between my thoughts of conflict over Yu Eun's feelings and mine were truly just one. What I felt for this man was pure love. 
Nothing can change the way I felt  about him in a million years, whether Yu Eun and I are one or not. I somehow felt this love connection between him and I. My heart said no more but poured out to me how it truly felt about him. 
 

.....................................

 

Days past and I walk out of my apartment to run some errands. I wanted to find Soo Hyuk and ask him how he made those peony flowers. But before that I needed to find a gift for him since he did end up helping me heal my wound. Also for disrupting him so much lately I felt I need to thank him and apologize so I wouldn't get suspended or hated again by Mrs.Choi. In all, I still needed to find answers to my visions and dreams. I was thinking, maybe if I got close to Soo Hyuk I could get something out of him. But would that be likely? 

On the way to the bus stop I spotted someone familiar. I looked at the tall slender man walking on the sidewalk right across the road. I quickly realized it was Joong Gi. Where was he off to? Seeing him made me remember the secret garden I kept dreaming about. I could maybe get some answers from him even though, he has given me such a cold shoulder when I asked these type of questions regarding Yu Eun and my dreams. 

Missing the bus as it passed in front of me, I see across from me that he had suddenly disappeared. I rush foward to look for him spotting him continously walking so quickly. "H-Hey"..I spoke my mind out rushing across from him as I followed his path. I watched him, feeling so lonely. I wonder how many times he had to walk alone like this all these years...Unable to stand myself stalking him deliberately, I pushed myself to go to him.

Still following Joong Gi and watching him walk alone across from me still. I catch a glimpse of something in his hand, a violin case. Was he going to play?..I really wondered now where he was off to. I run across the road to catch up with him as he notices me rapidly coming towards him, the cars on the road beeping at me like crazy for jaywalking. "Heyy!"..I shouted to him who stood still narrowing his eyes too see who I was. "Hey it's me, Je Yeun"..I shout to him once more waving my hand up in the sky. "Wait up!".. 

Finally catching up, I took a moment to breathe from running. "Sorry give me a second"..I reassured him, my energy almost runned down, Joong Gi stared at me confused. "Were you following me just now?"..He asked making me slightly chuckle. "No, absolutely not. I just spotted you and decided maybe I'll tag along with you, you know? Wherever you're off to I'll just go there too."..I explained nodding my head as if that was really my intention. Joong Gi unmoved by the fact that I almost tried to kill myself to come over to him- he scoffs and continues to walk. "Hey wait up."...I called to him who ignored me. 

"How are you feeling these days?"..I asked him who nods his head slightly. "I'm fine.".. He replied quickly in which I intentionally smile at him without an expression of intending to smile. "Where you off to?".. I asked him whom immediately replied. "You'll see when we get there"..He slightly looked at me who continued to walk next to him. "Are you playing?"..I asked him another question in which smirked at me who kept asking questions. "Maybe."..He mumbled as I nodded my head. "You should. I remember the first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter