Melancholy Blossoms

The Reminiscence of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***Memory in a dream**

The young night had come upon the evening as the moon appeared bright and full. Was this a young memory? Or an old treasure of ones memories within me that became only dreams. I searched as I realized, all the while I carefully analyzed, that I had made my way from the palace to the courtyard in which, rare flowers bloomed seemingly, only at night. In my beautiful light colored silk sewn hanfu gown, I walked delicately down the pathway of the courtyard raising a slight hand over each flower in which bloomed as I passed. The young feeling of this memory felt so pure.. I had covered my face with a silk sheer material. Was this me? I watched this memory as if I were not in control yet I was smiling happily watching the flowers. Waiting as I walk, I wanted to reach the most thing I treasured the most.

I look up a few more steps away, the red cherry blossom tree that bloomed beautifully in the center of the large cemented pond. I had seen this tree once before in person, but it has appeared here in this iridescent garden. As if it were some anciently sacred tree that carried a powerful energy. The tree felt so pure, deep, and innocent; yet, so melancholy as I watched the blossoms fall into deep sadness, their petals delicately making their last goodbyes onto the concrete ground.

There was something so vast and unique about the tree just feeling its energy inside the garden. I felt a sense of rush all of a sudden, as if the tree knew something I didn't. It took me a moment to realize that someone had intruded.

It felt as if I was the only one allowed in this private garden. I felt a brother connection, this lady, whoever this person was, she had a brother. As if I carried her memories, I had a good feeling brother made this place as an escape room for me, as I am her. The knowledge I had of hers informed me, we were creatures of the night, and it was dangerous to come near the palace if a human intruded. In this sense, the intruder was a human being. Who am I really in this dream? Memory?..Unsure if this such human was going to hurt me, I hid quickly. I wanted my brother; I became so scared. I wanted to get out of there and report to my brother. This thing, seemingly brother always told me humans were dangerous beings. Strangely unlike us, they hated creatures like us and took selfish acts in killing. I was afraid to remember that thought as I waited. 

This young girl, what did her brother teach her and why did I just feel her deep emotions? As if they were really mine..

A moment passed as I saw the young man walk pass the bush of flowers I hid behind. Unable to hold still, I stood up and quickly ranaway towards the pathway to the end where the red blossom tree resided, I searched for its such security. Rushing I tripped hearing the quick steps of the young man who ran after me. I get up quickly wanting to run the path beyond the water to the tree. 

In the middle of the pathway, water surrounded as the young man caught up to me and ran his sword through the ribbons that tied my long hair and the silk fabric that covered the bottom half of my face. Brother told no man should ever see my face, it was crucial. But just why was it so crucial? Unsure I kept my face turned away. I couldn't really feel that I was in control and only thoughts my memories were to this yougn lady. Wanting to runaway, the only way was to escape as adrenaline rushed through me. I suddenly rushed too quickly and without a mind of sense, only do I then suddenly stumble as I am grasped on the arm by the man. The young boy forced me to look at him as he aimed his sword at my throat. Upset, we saw eachother..

Time paused for a moment as we stared at eachother for so long. My long hair flowed with the intense wind that came from the energy of the moment. ..The man looked so confused and afraid yet amazed at my beauty in which he couldn't stray away from. The young boy was scared, I felt it. But in this moment, as I watched through this young girls eyes, time acted as if it froze.. The blossoms that made their last goodbyes, the melancholy petals that rained down as they had for the last time, had not yet taken their last breaths, but I had only realized, that they were finally freed from the tree that held them for so long. I watched around me as those freed petals did not rain furthermore, but they had such courage to levitate themselves upwards towards the sky. As if each individual petal were their own selves. Was this the first time I have seen such mythical moments?..Or was it that such persons had a purpose in this world in which this red tree blossom knew.. The innocent moment moved me so..

Unafraid anymore I turn to the boy and raised my head, I reach to lower his sword away from my neck. .."Don't be afraid.."..I spoke softly as he kept his sword upward at me trembling in horrid fear. .."Are you lost?".. I asked calmly as he knodded. Unsure of how to re-assure him, I reached for his hand in which held the handle of the sword. I placed my palm gently on top his hand and looked at him kindly. "I won't hurt you, I promise..".. I smiled slighly in which he became unsure.. "D-don't come near me, don't hurt me"..he gasped and dropped his sword falling to the ground as he felt the strong energy of my hands. Hearing the voices outside, the guards had seem to k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter