Outré Peonies

The Reminiscence of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The weather was delightful as my sickness had suddenly gone away all the while I was walked home by Joong Gi. The awkward silence filled the air making the silence quite loud to my ears. Irritated by the sound of nothing, I pulled myself together and took a deep breath.. 

"Joong Gi..is there anything you do for a living?"..I asked with slight flushed cheeks...Joong Gi kept walking alongside me and gave me a pause..

"I-if it's something personal or you don't really do anything then-"...I decided to just forget about his reply to my question as he suddenly replied..

"I..search..and I wait, until I know when the time is ready for me to finally fulfill my duty and move on... to go some place far away in which I belong..."..He mumbled with such a sad tone..I didn't understand what he meant..but I tried not to look into it as I felt, what he meant was personal..I just felt it. What was he searching for? Why was he waiting??.. I began to develop my own questions as if asking would be such burden...

"I- I am not sure if I quite I understand but I am sure you have your reasons..Just so you know..I'm sure you'll be able to accomplish what it is you're looking to fulfill..Some things aren't easy- I mean most things.."...I glanced at the tall man and felt unsure to being open about my childhood. I grasp my hands together.."My life was never easy..I don't think it ever was..I spend countless days trying to find myself..then in the end, I find nothing. All I know is, I was lost for a long time and then left at an orphanage..I really don't know who I am or who my parents were..or if I was intended to even have any."...I pause for a moment to rethink. "Nothing makes sense to me, especially about my origin..I feel indifferent yet not much different from regular people..".. I explained as Joong Gi listened..

Unsure about going on..I begin to walk a lot slower just to take a moment to look over the bridge at the vast waters that lied beyond..next to the bright green wooded trees.. 

"I only had my mother..but she passed away so soon, so I lived most my life with my uncle who was not fond of me.. It wasn't until I met a special friend of mine who made everything just bearable to live in..to keep going.. I would play music for her because it was her favorite..it always reminded her of me..and it made me feel special..like I had a purpose.."...Joong Gi paused with a sigh unsure of what to say next as I realized he finally opened up to me after all the few times he's been around me. 

"What happened to your friend?".. I asked hesitantly with my hands curled in fists.. 

Silence filled the air as I watch Joong Gi stop and just stand staring at the ground.. Unsure if I asked the wrong question, I hesitantly reached a hand out to him to touch his arm slightly..

"Hey.."..

"My friend died in my arms.."...He mumbled as I suddenly experienced a flash in my eyes and was struck with yet another vision..

 

*a mans voice sobbed deeply as he moarned in grief.."I couldn't protect you.."..**

 

The voice echoed in between my ears as I stumbled upon my steps. I trip and slightly fall onto Joong Gi who caught me by my arms. I stare at the ground for a moment to realize these visions were related to him. In some way, I also didn't understand why I was gifted these visions..

"Ji Yeun?."..He mumbled my name as I looked up into his eyes.. I blinked twice unsure what had happened.. "Are you alright?".. I asked him as he gave me a confused look.. "What do you mean?"..

I slightly laughed and pulled myself together as if nothing happened.. "Sorry I am still recovering from my cold..".. I chuckled as we continued to walk me home..

"Min Seo was right..I think I still need some rest".. I explain to him who nods his head slighly.. 

 

 

...............................................

 

All the while the walk home was quite long, the time spent together was short..we had to say our goodbyes for the day. We arrive to the front of my apartment complex outside. I turn to Joong Gi and smiled.. "Well you have a good rest of your day..I am sure you're busy..Hopefully a moment of my time spent with you meant something..".. I chuckled as he responded.. "It's more than that..".. He said with a sligh smile..

Joong Gi's expression suddenly changed staring behind him in which Soo Hyuk made his way with a small bundle of red peonies..

I watch as they both stared eachother dead in the eyes. Without stopping, Soo Hyuk makes his way towards me with a smile. I keep a straight face as I was still upset about my last incident with him in which got me suspended from work.. 

"Hi,..I just wanted to apologize about last time, pardon me if I intruded. I went to check at the hospital but you weren’t there and I heard you weren’t discharged yet but I see now with this situation you have yourself here’ a discharge wasn’t needed? But regardless ..".. Soo Hyuk politely handed the flowers to me making me hesitant. I stare at the flowers which were as red as blood. Joong Gi stood awkwardly staring at me to see if I would take the flowers..This made me uncomfortable as I didn't know what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter