emerald (Wendy)

Mixed Paint
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wendy wants to laugh. And at a very inappropriate time. If Joy or any of her friends saw her now, they’d probably smack her. Wendy, the careful, rational, and reasonable one, just threw away their relationship problem with a blink of an eye.

 

She knows they need to talk about this. Irene seemed prepared to explain since last night but she wouldn’t let her. Maybe she wasn’t ready to hear it.

 

She ended up cuddling with her girlfriend before falling asleep. She felt too much. It was indeed true. In the past weeks, she had imagined Irene coming to her to explain and they would cry. Wendy cried indeed. But she didn’t think past sleeping in the same bed as her.

 

She loves Irene, but at the same time, she is hurt. But that hurt itself makes her feel guilty, what with the sorry look Irene has on her face.

 

Wendy must have spaced out because when she turns to look at Irene, the girl is already awake. She looks serious, staring into nothingness that she doesn’t even notice Wendy staring.

 

“Irene…” Wendy says with a small smile that Irene returns.

 

She turns around to face the girl. Wendy gulps when she sees her bare body facing her. She reaches for the blanket and covers the both of them. There was no way she can talk it out with Irene with her looking like that.

 

---

 

Irene kisses her and Wendy just hums before melting into it.

 

She kisses her forehead… I’m sorry

 

her cheek… I will never leave you again

 

her lips…. I love you

 

She believes her.

 

---

 

They go back to dinner dates, short strolls after class, library study time together, etc.

 

It’s a routine they unconsciously made – lunch with their friends, dinners out, home-cooked meals on Fridays, and weekly sleepover. It’s everything but ordinary.

 

---

 

Wendy has a whole drawer set aside for her things in Irene’s apartment. Irene would have in her own if it weren’t for her sister’s strict rules.

 

Yuri is heartless. Well, she pretends to be. Irene shivered from their first meeting, what with Yuri bombarding her with questions. Wendy glares at her unn

Please log in to read the full chapter