girlfriend (Irene)

Mixed Paint
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s a Saturday night spent reading, writing, and typing on repeat. Midterms are in a week and school requirements are piling up. They are in a coffee shop several blocks from the University, hoping to finish by midnight.

 

Wendy continues to type her homework while Irene excuses herself to answer a call.

 

She ends the call with Tiffany and puts on her most serious face before getting her girlfriend’s attention.

 

“My sister wants to meet you.” The sound of tapping on the keyboard stops but nobody’s talking.

 

Irene almost lets out a laugh upon seeing her girlfriend peek above her laptop screen with wide eyes and an open mouth as if she’s seen a ghost.

 

“D-does she know that you’re- and we’re?”

 

This time Irene couldn’t contain her laughter. “Yes. And yes. She just found out when we drove home during the holidays.”

 

“Oh… what did she say? Is it okay? Should I be worried?” Wendy’s asking but she’s obviously anxious.

 

Irene smiles and reaches for Wendy’s hand, intertwining their fingers.

 

“My unnie came out to our parents with her girlfriend and received big hugs in return. I’m sure she’ll be more than accepting.”

 

“Okay…” Wendy seems relieved but her eyes get big again after a few seconds of thinking. “Given that she knows you like girls, what if she doesn’t like me as your girlfriend?”

 

Although Wendy is obviously conflicted and needs assurance, Irene isn’t saying anything. Instead, she stares with a wide grin on her face.

 

“Why are you just smiling when I’m panicking? Ireneeeee~”

 

“You called me your girlfriend.” Her grin is now wider than ever her cheeks hurt. Wendy’s aegyo – no, her girlfriend’s aegyo – brought her back to earth. An

Please log in to read the full chapter