yellow (Wendy)

Mixed Paint
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nervous is an understatement for what she is feeling inside. She has roughly 27 minutes, until she enters the auditorium with too-many-to-count singers inside. A college organization is holding a benefit concert next month and they also want to feature some student artists.

 

She’s trembling as she zips her pants in a cubicle for the 5th time today. She takes a deep breath, tries to think happy thoughts in her head, when she opens the door and sees a goddess in front of the mirror.

 

Okay, she’s exaggerating. But the girl is extremely pretty. For a moment, she forgets that she’s in the middle of a panic session and ends up staring at the girl. Until…

 

Their eyes meet and she smiles. Wendy hurriedly moves to wash her hands, two sinks away from the goddess. The smile may just be coincidental because it turns out the she was in the middle of a conversation with her friend.

“Let’s go? Amber might be waiting for us.”

Wendy sees her nod and watches her dry her hands, nobody else can do it so elegantly, before they walk out the door toward the hallway.

 

24 minutes to go…

 

---

 

An hour rummaging through her clothes was all it took for Yuri to peek inside Wendy’s room.

 

“Wendy, your clothes are scattered! You could have just asked me for help!” Yuri eyes the clothes on her sister’s bed, “and don’t dare wearing that thing on stage.”

 

“But you were busy talking on the phone with Yoona… also, what’s wrong with this dress? Doesn’t it look pretty?”

 

“No.” Yuri deadpans. “Sit down. I’ll find you an outfit.”

 

Wendy sits and watches her sister scrutinize her clothes, until she goes to her own closet instead and pulls out a yellow tank top, a jacket, and skinny jeans for her.

Please log in to read the full chapter