Replay

Me, Myself, and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           I sighed as I leaned back on my seat and replayed the things that happened in my life. It's been 10 years since I was sent to the States to live with my aunt. I was around 6 at that time and Jimin was around 8. My mother and father just had my older brother Jihyun (A/N: pretend that Jihyun was born on January) and then 2 months later, they found out they were having another kid. On December 14, the baby was born. That was me. I was named Park Jianhae after my halmeoni. 

          6 years later, we found out that my father's company was going bankrupt and next thing I knew, my mother called her sister and sent me to America to live with her sister and her family. No one ever told me the reason until I was 11. My aunt told me everything even though her sister didn't want her to tell me because she was a very proud woman. The reason was, when the company went bankrupt, our family couldn't support me and my 2 brothers. So of course, they gave me up because they believed that girls were harder to support than boys. I understood that but what hurt me was when they didn't even bother to take me back even though the company was finally back to its original state. 

         When I was 12, I looked them up. 'Park Industries'. It said that it did went bankrupt 6 years ago but the 'wise' owner found a way to settle it back to its original place. I looked my father up and it said that he had 2 sons. Park Jimin and Park Jihyun. But no daughter nor Park Jianhae. 

         Ironically, in that same year my aunt and uncle lost their jobs. We were literally living off of the government. That's how bad it was. But even when we were struggling with finances, my aunt never made a sign of ever giving her 3 sons and I up. How come my 'parents' did but my aunt didn't?

          That experience made me develop a very strong negative feelings towards my 'parents' because even though they were the richest and wealthiest company in Korea, they never helped us. My aunt did my '

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter