[41] Take Off

BODYGUARD | Kim Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- O N E   M O N T H   L A T E R -

"Thanks, Taehyung," Gun smiled as he gripped my hand, warmly shaking it. I gave a nod and replied, "You're welcome. Keep her safe, okay?" Gun patted my shoulder and walked away with a smile. Then Junsoo walked towards me and uttered, "I know I've been hard on you but just know that I appreciate your help." I half smiled and shook his hands. I watched as he tucked his hands into his pockets and walked towards the jet plane, ducking his head as he stepped inside.

"Taehyung." I turned my head to see Jaeho, approaching me with a sad expression. I chuckled and gripped his shoulder, pulling him into a hug. Jaeho wrapped his arms around my back and squeezed me tightly.

"Can't you stay, Taehyung? It won't be the same without you," Jaeho mumbled into my coat. I sighed and replied, "I'm sorry, Jaeho. You know I can't have a permanent position."

"But...how about Aera?" He whispered, releasing my grip as he looked towards the ground with sad eyes. "She'll feel really lonely without you." I sighed and closed my eyes, ducking my head down. "I know, Jaeho."

During the time I've spent with these people, I learnt many things. I'm not the rude and uptight person I was a couple of months ago, I've grown to become a happy and loving person. The person that was always caged inside me was now freed.

"I'll make sure to visit, okay?" I responded.

"I'll miss you."

"Me, too. Grandpa," I teasingly smiled, earning a smack on the head from Jaeho. He smiled and gave a last wave. I watched as his back became furtherer and furtherer away from me. Kitae ran up from behind Jaeho and wrapped his little arms around me.

"Hey, Kitae," I smiled. Kitae looked up and said, "Thank you for everything, Taehyung. Thank you for saving my Aunts' life." My smile grew even more as he continued, "My mum from heaven also says thank you." I bit my lip and looked up towards the sky.

Watch over them while I'm not here, Jiae.

"I'm going to miss you," I muttered, squeezing him tighter. "I know you'll grow one day into a big man. Look after your family, okay?" Kitae nodded and grinned, "I will!"

After Kitae ran off, there was one person left. I looked in front of me to see Aera walking towards me. She met my eyes and smiled. "Are you feeling better?" She asked, rubbing the cast over my injured arm. I warmly smiled and nodded.

We stood there in silence. Both of us didn't know what to say, we didn't know how to say goodbye.

"Let's just get this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter