[24] Winterland Wonder

BODYGUARD | Kim Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soft glistens of snow flew in and around the trees, dancing with the wind. The trees rustled in the wind as they guarded the house where it proudly stood on top of the mountains. Fifty metres away was the edge of the lake with a wooden dock.

I remember when my father and I sailed the boat around the small lake, it seemed centuries ago.

Our van emerged from the trees, the tires crunched through the snow. I slid open the door, only to see my father standing on the front porch. His knitted shirt, jeans and beanie brought memories back into my heart. He was my saviour.

I stepped forward and bowed with respect to him. 'Hey, Dad.' My father patted my shoulder as he grinned, 'welcome home, son.' He glanced over my shoulder to the van, eyeing our visitors.

'Who's in trouble?' He asked. I turned and looked towards Aera.

'That one.' I decided to take Aera, Jiae, Kitae and Jae to my family's house. It was far away from the city, far from the society and far away from the killer. We'd stay here for two weeks until it was safe.

A loud scream penetrated through the air. Aera gripped my arm and buried her face into my shoulder. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked down to see a small terrier sniffing Aera's shoe. I smiled and moved towards the dog. He wagged his tail and excitedly jumped into my arms.

'Hey, Buddy. Good to see you, old pal.'

 

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ -═══════ι▬▬

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter