[37] Best Scare

BODYGUARD | Kim Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Swifty opening the door, I entered the dressing room. Aera was sitting in front of her mirror, applying her makeup. Gun approached me with a worried expression."What happened? I lost connection." I shook my head and said, "Don't worry. The staff took my mic, we'll find a way." He nodded in agreement and walked back to his post.

I averted my attention to Aera, who was beginning to get ready for the stage. The stage manager called out, "Aera will present the award for Best Sound. After you hear two beeps, follow the stage screw back to your dressing room." Aera understood and nodded with a smile.

"Let's go people! We have two minutes!"

I suddenly experienced a wave of panic through my body. Soon, Aera was going to present an award in front of thousands of people. The killer could be sitting in the audience, waiting for Aera to stand on stage. She was bare with no armour, nothing to protect her.

"Aera, let's go!"

Soon, the killer will see Aera on stage. Then he'll aim his gun towards her and...

"Taeby?"

I blinked repeatedly, snapping out of my thoughts. Aera stared at me with a concerned expression, "What's wrong?" I mentally cursed at myself for looking like a nervous wreck. I was biting my lip, fiddling with my fingers and tapping my foot.

Snap out of it, Taehyung.

Before I could reply, the manager shouted, "Okay, we're up!" He walked over to Aera, gripping her arm. My anger grew as I watched him pushing her out. I marched towards them and angrily slapped his hand away from Aera. The manager flinched at my actions and looked at me with wide eyes. "Don't push her, dickass," I said with a low voice, not wanting Aera to hear. The manager glared and gritted, "Fine, but can we quickly go?"

He led the way as Aera and I followed suit. "Good luck!" Junsoo and Jaeho showered her with encouragement from inside the dressing room. Aera smiled and gave them a thumbs up, "Thanks! Take photos of me on T.V!" Junsoo laughed and nodded.

We walked into backstage, there were several cameramen and staff members surrounding the place. My eyes scanned the area, looking for any suspicious looking people.

"Stay here for a minute," The stage manager left us standing by the stairs. I turned to Aera who seemed weirdly quiet. I patted her shoulder, she turned around with teary eyes. formed a frown as she gripped my hand, I was taken back by her sudden affection.

"Taeby, I'm scared," She quietly uttered. I caressingly touched her shoulder, hoping to calm her down. She looked terrified. 

"Don't worry, I'll be here in case anything happens," I whispered with a gentle smile. The stage manager returned and instructed Aera to start walking up the stair to the main stage.

"I'll see you soon," I said. Aera cutely nodded and smiled, "Okay."

"Let's go!" A stage crew yelled, readying his camera. Aera started walking, she turned around to look at me one last time. I nodded and smiled, giving her a thumbs up. I watched as she made her way up the stairs, lifting her dress to avoid tripping.

"Gun, stay here," I said as he nodd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter