[18] Toying Around

BODYGUARD | Kim Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'You know Aera is really mad at you, right?'

I stared blankly at the batteries in my hands. It was a luminous afternoon, Kitae accompanied me by the pool as we talked about Aera.

'She told me she doesn't get why you're so ty to her,' Kitae uttered.

'Kitae, I don't like it when you use language like that.' I dropped my shoulders and let out an imperceptible sigh. Avoiding his eyes, I stayed quiet and fitted the batteries into the toy boat.

'I know I hurt her but it was for the best,' I muttered.

'Why?'

'I've spent a long time training myself to be the best bodyguard. I sacrificed a lot of time with my friends to train. I had my first client when I was 18 years old. Since then, I've protected each client successfully except...' I drifted off.

'Except who?'

'No one. Anyway, I can't get distracted by Aera. I just need to protect her.'

'Why is she a distraction?' Kitae asked.

'Because there's a dangerous thing called love.' I said.

Kitae furrowed his eyebrows and said, 'I don't understand.'

'I'm 24 years old and I don't understand either. And I'm starting to get the feeling I never will.' I heard footsteps behind me. Jiae and Mochi, her dog strolled towards us.

'I have exciting news!' Jiae exclaimed, 'Aera got nominated for an Oscar!' Kitae grinned with joy and I slightly smiled and said, 'that's great.'

'I know! Everyone said she was a sure thing. Of course, you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter