[27] Dead Bar

BODYGUARD | Kim Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Click.

I carried out my normal routine of locking each door and window, being extra peculiar today. After the boat incident, everyone was hysterical. Jae kept blaming himself, repeatedly saying that he should have checked the boat like I asked. I wasn't angry at him, I was just concerned about Aera's safety. The killer knows where she is, he knows her every move.

Tonight, he will strike. I just know it.

I kept walking around the house, my gun was securely tightened to my waist.

'Protect Kitae, if anything ever happened to him...' Aera voiced repeated in my head. She would rather die than let Kitae get hurt. After the boat incident, she couldn't stop crying. She kept saying how it was her fault, how she brought this danger to everyone.

But, Aera was my main priority. She's my client, not Kitae.

Opening the door to the dark office, I found Jiae. She grudgingly sat on the desk with a glass in her hand. She's been drinking.

'What do you think about today?' She quietly said as I entered the room. I could feel the tension in the air. Reaching for her drink, I placed it on the shelf as I quietly muttered, 'whoever it is, he knows what he's doing.'

There was a long pause.

'You're right, he does.' Jiae quietly cried as she buried her face in her hands. I instantly turned around with bulging eyes.

Oh, my God.

I rushed to her side and harshly turned her body towards me. 'Who is it?!' I yelled.

She doesn't reply.

I gritted my teeth and asked quietly, 'Jiae...who is it?' Tears escaped her eyes as she started sobbing loudly, 'He almost got my Kitae!' She kept shouting and gripping my arms. I couldn't get any answers from her if she was being like this. I placed a hand on her damp cheek, calming her.

'Jiae, I'm asking you again, who is it?' I asked and she finally spoke, 'I don't know, I was drunk.' I brought my hand and rubbed her back soothingly, 'did you hire him to kill Aera?'

Jiae sighed and nodded in shame. I wasn't even surprised, it didn't shock me. I should have realised earlier.

'Is it all paid for?' I asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter