[26] Exploding Snow

BODYGUARD | Kim Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, I walked along the blanket of snow in the forest. My eyes scanned for any footprints, but all I could see was deer tracks. I suddenly got startled when a snowball wollapped onto my head. I turned around to see Aera with a stupid grin plastered on her face.

'Got you!' She gleefully shouted. I scoffed and bundled a ball of snow. Bringing my arm back, I threw it and watched as the snowball landed on Aera's forehead. A screeched escaped her lips as she fell to the ground.

'Taeby!' She angrily yelled. My hands held my stomach as I laughed loudly. Seeing her still on the ground, I walked and kneeled beside her. I offered my hand which she took willingly. I hoisted her up, until she gripped my neck and pulled me towards the ground. I fell onto her body, my hands lodged in the snow near her face and her hands were placed on my waist.

'Aera!' She laughed hysterically, closing her eyes while clapping her hands. Her sweet laugh blessed my ears, I couldn't get enough.

In the mindst of the joyful moment, my mind lingered to Jiae's words from last night, 'no wonder Aera hates you.' I looked back at Aera as her laughing died down, she stared up at me with bright eyes.

'Do you hate me?' I asked before I could stop myself. Aera furrowed her eyebrows and said, 'hate you? Why would I hate you?' I looked towards the ground and cleared my throat, 'nevermind.'

 

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ -═══════ι▬▬

 

Aera and I trailed back to the house, leaving our snowy footprints behind us. We met Jae on the way, in his hands held some firewood. 'Just thought we could use extra,' he smiled.

We continued walking, laughing together at Jae's jokes. My eyes caught something and I stopped. Aera turned around and asked, 'what's wrong, Taeby?'

There, near Aera's feet was a trail of human footprints. They weren't from us. It looked like heavy snow boots, except with sharp spikes. Like soccor boots.

My body started getting tense

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter