One

Another Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day out was nice and bright.

Birds were chirping and flying free like they always do. Miyu smiled as she walked around her small forest enjoying her walk as she always does. Nothing made her day happy just as long she was out getting some fresh air. Being locked up in her small home can get the best of her and feel suffocating.

It was already bad enough she lived an hour away from town just to get food for the week and visit the only person she can trust. Everyone around her is gone. She had nobody since that night.

She closed her eyes shaking off the thought while she took a deep breath. When she opened her eyes, she looked up and saw a tree above her as its leaves moved against each other while the wind would come and go. The sun was trying to peak between the branches but the twigs wouldn't let it.

"Playful things." she mumbled to them.

In Miyu's eyes, everything has life. To the top of the trees to the bottom of the ant crawling its way back to his home with food on its back. She didn't always want to kill anything but spiders were one of her worst fears. So at times she did have to kill it and would question herself if she could use its poison for an herb or not.

She continued her walk as she took a turn around a tall tree and listened to ever crunch of the leaves under her feet. Today felt like a good day for some weird reason. Not sure for what but something was coming.

Ever heard that saying 'someone is coming when a broom falls unexpectedly?' That's what it felt like.

Suddenly, Miyu stopped in her place and her eyes widen as her body froze in spot not making her move at all.

- - -

Something in the shadows was running quickly but they were in pain. Blood was spilling from their left side and a cut was on their right arm. They continued to run away from whatever was chasing them.

They only knew they had to get away fast. Others were around but they lost contact in splitting up.

Thunder was around and lighting was flashing across the sky.

Then as lighting struck again, Miyu saw herself standing outside and only few feet away from them. She was suddenly knocked on the ground with the rain falling heavy. They were panting hard and soon they fell to the ground whimpering in pain.

Just before she approached them, their eyes were slightly open and their eyes were emerald green and their body was black.

- - -

An owl screeched from a distance as Miyu broke out her trance and blinked a few times taking in a few breaths. "What was that?"

Ever since she was eight, she was worried she was born with a special gift herself. Her mother and older sister were trying to help her but they could only do so much. Miyu was suppose to visit an old student of her mother to help her, but they never made a chance to.

The student had lost contact for a while and her mother didn't trust anyone else who wasn't family. Not even doctors since her mother was an herbalist. As for her father he helped the children that they took in and adapt to their gifts.

Everyone in the household was different.

Her father; Shou was a master in helping others who were different, especially gifts. He learned from his grandfather and father.

Her mother; Saki was an herbalist helping those who were ill and never charged them anything under ten dollars.

Her older sister; Mira was studying magic but for good use and being an herbalist like her mother. Helping those who need help.

Both of the boys were the same with their gifts and her father helped them adjust to their transformation.

The two girls were the same as her sister, studying magic but they enjoyed going a darker path that wasn't very pleasant for others.

Then there was herself, Miyu, she was studying to be an herbalist like her sister until one day when she was eight she saw something that was going to happen. She rushed outside her home and saved a baby fox from getting shot by a hunter.

Her visions were at random and didn't always happen the same time.

Her parents asked her what happened and she told them she saw something that was like a small film clip in her head. It was then later that her parents realized she might be psychic.

No one had the answers for the time being but her father helped her adjust to her visions. When she got them and learned each one took place and the most important thing; Miyu learned about her visions, is that they were always accurate.

No loopholes.

The screech from above came from the owl and flew down gracefully to Miyu. She held out her wrist and the beautiful white with a mix of golden brown landed down.

"Nox what took you so long?" Miyu spoke to the owl. She the white chest of the owl and he only closed his eyes as he liked her touch. "Did you see her?"

He opened his eyes and nibbled down on some thin laced rope that was attached to his ankle. Miyu noticed him nibbling down and she saw a small paper attached to the rope.

When she carefully removed it from the owl, she opened it with her fingers. It was from her mentor from town. Ever since that night she lost her family, she was found by her mother's old student and she managed to care for her until she was ready to live on her own.

'A storm is coming, be prepared for anything.'

- YJ

"That's one clue of my vision." Miyu sighed as she walked back home with her owl still on her wrists. The owl was a gift from her mentor for passing a few of her exams to prove she was ready. She wasn't sure what to call him but the word ' Nox' is another word for night. After all, her owl is a barn owl and he does help her watch at night in case something happens.

Just upon arriving her small comfy home, she let Nox fly off and he landed on the rail of the front porch as she unlocked the door to let herself in. Before she could even go in, Now flew in and settled in his spot by the window looking out.

Miyu smiled as she closed the door locking it behind her. She went to the other windows to have them locked and secure. When that was over, she went to the kitchen and looked at all of her twenty-five different jars for herbs checking if she had enough for a while.

Thinking back on the vision she had, she wanted to get something prepared but she would need to see how the wounds before she even prepares something. Although she did think of starting one that is common for cuts and then she would make something else if the cuts were deeper.

She grabbed the small jar of garlic and started cutting them in small pieces. Then she grabbed the jar of Calendula and grabbed a small pot of water to start boiling.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter