Epilogue

Another Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two Years Later.

Looking at herself in the mirror, Mikako smiled at her hair as it had grown longer and it was passing her shoulders. Jongup would comment every now and then saying he missed her short bob especially when they would be in bed and he ran his fingers through.

Just thinking about it made her cheeks burn and she had to fan herself to stop thinking such things. It had only been a week since she and Jongup last bonded and it wasn't the first. They had done it before and not once did she regret it.

A soft knock was heard on the bedroom door. She smiled knowing who it was. Even though Jongup had been living with her for two years, he always managed to be a gentleman with manners. "Come in."

He opened the door and in flew Airy and then Nox. "Damn it."

"Airy come here." Mikako held out her arm and she flew over to her.

"Nox." Jongup held out his arm and he flew down. "Do they know something we don't?"

Mikako giggled Airy as she closed her eyes. She was Yoonji's new Sawhet owl that arrived a year ago and she had to cutest round eyes. There was a few names to choose from but she picked 'Airy' since she flies in the air. How classic. "I don't think so."

"Then why are they together?" Jongup was Nox's wings in the back.

"Because they are playing." Mikako moved out from the room and gave Airy a push to go to her log. "Plus Yoonji didn't want Airy going out tonight because of the festival. So she is safe here until we come back."

Nox flew again and went to his spot and looked out the window. He let out a screech and flapped his wings. Mikako looked out the window and saw the fireworks in the air popping.

"Let's go! The fireworks are going off!" She pulled Jongup, who chuckled and grabbed their jackets since the air was changing and getting cool. "You both behave!"

Jongup pointed his finger at Nox and Airy. "Listen to her."

- - -

It was incredible how fast the years had passed.

It felt unreal but true.

Things around them had gotten better, a lot better for Mikako and her brothers and their pack. They adjusted into living in their new home. The one who had it a bit hard was Yongguk. Knowing it was a built on where they used to live it only made him toss and turn at night until Yoonji gave him a tea to help him sleep at night. It was Junhong's job to give it to him until Yongguk did it on his own.

Which took about a few months or so.

Every other day, Mikako would go and visit taking new herbs for the boys since they were sparing a lot for fun and from the full moon. Thankfully, the basement down below was different and there were a few chains and shackles on the floor for when they turned.

Most important, Mikako was glad Jongup didn't have to go too far.

Ever since they bonded, it was a stronger pull for them both.

They weren't sure how but it was.

Himchan and Yoonji felt it too when they first bonded but they learned to control it somehow.

Mikako and Jongup were still new to it and the bond was strong. He would feel the emotions that she felt with whatever she did. He would be there no matter what and didn't stay away from her too long. Suppose their bond became attachment.

Sometimes to them, it felt like they were living in dream.

A happy dream.

Especially with everything that happened two years ago. They had hoped one day they would be free and live the way they wanted from harm and no one telling them what to do.

Well, except maybe Yongguk.

He is still the Alpha of is pack and leader of them all.

But he learned to lighten up a bit and let others be equal. As long as they all can agree on the same thing whatever they were discussing.

It was nothing but a pure and happy life for two strong years of carefree trouble.

- - -

Once they arrived at the festival that was around a huge open park open to the public, Mikako couldn't help but to jump on her heels and pull Jongup everywhere. He could only chuckle seeing her excited at the little things.

There was people playing music.

There was people selling handmade necklaces and bracelets which got her attention. Within the two years since that night, Mikako had turned the hexagonal quart bullet of the Larimar stone into a necklace and has kept it on her neck at all times. She saw all the different stones that were into necklaces and wanted to give one to Jongup.

She looked around and around until one did catch her eye. She asked the old lady how much it was and paid for it. Jongup had been looking at some handmade bracelets but got tugged away before he could purchase on for his Precious girl.

"For you." She held up the hexagonal quart bullet of a jade stone that was already into a necklace with a thin leather piece large enough for a necklace. "It's also matches your other 'eyes'."

Jongup smiled knowing not many people heard her and took the necklace from her as he put it on. "Now we kind of match."

Mikako smiled cupping his face pressing her lips on his. He didn't mind as he gladly responded and didn't care if others were watching. They deserve to be happy, which they were.

They were happy more than they ever been.

It felt great.

It was like a dream a wonderful dream that wasn't a dream but real.

Jongup pressed a bit harder into making her slightly breathless but a scent went up his nostrils making his hair stand on his arm and he pulled away from Mikako suddenly making her confused.

"What is it?" She asked feeling the anxiousness rush inside of her.

He felt it too but his mind went to a scent he didn't know but had an idea of more or less what it was. He closed his eyes and pulled Mikako into his arms making her feel his tight grip around her waist.

"Jongup?" She asked in whisper as people were walking around to the different stands that were set up.

He opened his eyes and he knew exactly what he was smelling.

Vampire.

He looked down to his Precious girl and held onto her tightly. "Come on, I need to check something."

She had no say but to follow him, he was quick with his steps taking the trail that was around the park and more people were near the west side of the park as they were watching live music and people were on stage dancing and singing gaining that attention.

Jongup stopped in his tracks as he had Mikako at his side.

"Can you tell me what's going on?" She asked trying to get some answers.

His eyes were busy scanning the area until he spotted what he found. He was about to walk over but he felt a hold, pulling him back. He turned and saw the annoyed look on Mikako's face.

"I'm waiting for you to tell me or I'm going home."

He sighed knowing she as right and he didn't want to ruin her night. "I caught a scent of a vampire. I just want to make sure it's not a Renew."

"Renew?" Mikako tilted her head to the side confused.

"They are those who are newly turned vampires and they are 'Reborn; new'." He took at step to her and cupped one side of her face. "You can come with me or stay here?"

She shook her head. "I'm going."

He nodded and they stayed hand in hand as he went toward the crowd as he kept his eyes on a girl with short blonde hair. She was hearing normal cloths and clapping her hands enjoying the music. She was whispering into a boy who looking younger than her but almost her height.

When she looked back at the music she then turned her head to the side and she met eyes with Jongup. He stopped in his tracks, he let go of Mikako's hand and put both hands up. He came in a friendly manner.

The girl with short blonde hair saw him and pulled the young boy over to him. As they got closer, she could catch his scent and the scent of the girl next to him. The girl put the young boy behind her for protection. "What do you want?"

"I just have to know... are you a Renew?" Jongup asked putting his hands down and grabbed a hold of one of Mikako's hands.

She scoffed rolling her eyes. "What's it to you?"

The boy peaked behind her and stared at Mikako and Jongup. "Who are they Sis?"

The girl didn't answer as she stared at them. Her eyes flashed a violet color making her upper lip go up.

"That's enough." A voice came towards them and stood in front of the girl and the boy. "What do you want wolf? "

Mikako blinked her eyes at him. He had a very masculine jaw line that went with his facial features well. He had plump lips and high cheek bones with cute eyes. Not to mention both of his ears were pierced. She had to stop looking and break up the mess Jongup was creating. "I'm sorry... we didn't mean any harm. My boyfriend's nose has a mind of its own and --"

"Boyfriend?" The male said to her tilting his head. "You're with a werewolf?"

Mikako looked at Jongup for a moment and nodded. "Yes. Why?"

He turned to look at the girl with blonde hair and then the boy. "I thought you both were a weird mix."

The boy glared at his comment and smacked his shoulder. "Don't be rude!"

The girl giggled making the male glare at him. She stopped and cleared . "Nothing wrong with being different."

"He's an Angel." The boy spoke out to them.

"Dennis!" The male widen his eyes and looked back at the couple.

Jongup knew what that meant. He automatically hid Mikako

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter