Twelve

Another Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tossing and turning irritated Miyu when she couldn't sleep. Her eyelids were heavy not wanting to open but she could get comfortable. She kept turning over a few times until Jongup pulled her into his chest spooning her and held her tightly in his arms as his hand went under her shirt drawing small circles.

She couldn't help but smile as he did that. She didn't know why but it was some remedy just for her to calm down and go to sleep. She felt him press his lips to the back of head before he let out a sigh drifting back to sleep.

It felt perfect.

- - -

Gray fog.

Coughing.

Gasping for air.

Heat.

The young Mikako grabbed a few things from the living room before her older sister Mira pulled her to the basement. There was a fire happening outside and no one could understand how it happened.

Saki was by the front door trying to stop it and make it got away but nothing was working. It would do the exact opposite and the flames grew taller as the plants were now burning and the fire was spreading to the door.

Mikako coughed trying to be away from the smoke but it was spreading faster inside than it was outside.

"Mom what do we do?" Mira shouted at her.

Saki got pulled by Shou just before the fire was near the front door and it burned her. He pulled her to the basement and closed the door.

"What about Yongguk and Himchan!" the oldest daughter looked at her parents.

The exchanged looks and stayed silent.

"No.. No!" Mira felt to her knees crying her eyes out upon knowing her only love and brother was gone.

Mikako felt tears falling down her face as she looked around and saw more smoke coming into the basement.

It's like my vision...oh...no..

She looked around and more tears were starting to fall as she coughed in the process. Shou pulled Saki into his arms and kissed her passionately and they knew what they were going to do. Saki turned to Mira and told her to stand on her own feet.

They were whispering around each other and the more smoke came in the harder it was to see and gasp for better air. The smoke was filling their lungs and it was getting hard to keep their eyes open.

Mira pulled Mikako to the side to one entrance where only one could escape due to the space. She hugged her sister tightly letting the tears fall down from her cheek. But she had to be strong for the next ten minutes.

"Mikako listen carefully, you are going to make it out. You will run to the river where we play every day and stay there." Mira looked at her sister as tears were continuously slipping down. "Take the Larimar stone and keep it safe. Don't tell anyone about it."

Mira handed her the stone and closed her little sisters hand. Mikako shook her head and looked at her sister but mostly importantly, her parents were gone. "MOM! DAD!"

Mira pulled her back from going any further. "MIKAKO LISTEN TO ME! WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME! COME HERE!"

Mikako hugged her sister tightly one last time and pushed her out the one of the escape doors. Mira was willing to pay the price and let her sister live. It was the only way.

The young girl was fighting her sister to go out but she managed and Mikako went rolling out a few feet from the doors. She looked up and her sister could have made it too but inside she spelled it shut as the fire inside and outside took over everything.

'Element of heat, flame and burn.'

Those were the last words Mikako heard before she pushed herself up and ran into the woods going to the river. But before she went further; she stopped and turned to see who was behind and she widen her eyes knowing it was no accident.

Anna and Lillian were standing in front of the house chanting the same words she heard over and over. They wanted revenge for being kicked out for studying dark magic.

Dark Magic possessed evil spells and if they played around with it long enough. It would eat them up and they could not be saved anymore.

The house was slowly breaking apart and the house glowing with yellow and orange flames made everything look like a huge bon fire.

Mikako stayed in her spot a few more minutes saying goodbye to her family. She then turned and ran to the river. She tripped a few times since her shoes were untied and her vision was terrible with ever tear that didn't stop coming down.

She managed to reach the river and stay there. She looked at herself in the reflection of the water and saw black on her face due to the smoke and her red puffy eyes.

They are gone...

Everyone is gone...

- - -

The next week of the fire. Mikako stayed by the river in the same clothes and in the same spot. She had nothing to eat for a week. She wasn't hungry and wasn't in the mood to move. What was the point? She is an orphan now with no place to go.

All alone.

She cried every few hours and tried to do a spell to take away her pain or memory but nothing worked. The pain and the memories were still there and she was alive unlike everyone else.

They were gone.

Life was cruel.

Why did she live and they died?

It wasn't fair.

She looked at the stone in her hand and attempted to throw it into the river a few times but then she would be breaking the promise to her sister and keeping it safe.

Why couldn't the stone save her family?

Why didn't she think of using it then?

Why was she slow of thinking of such things?

Now she was blaming herself. Nothing was going to bring her family back. It was going to be hard to face this reality when all it felt like a nightmare.

What was worse, is that her nightmare did come true.

She had been seeing the house burning and she was the only one making it out alive. She saw it in a nightmare a few times and then in a vision. It was her fault now. It was her to blame.

Nothing was going to change that.

A loud screech flew above her head making her stand up and saw an owl. But not just an owl, he was a beautiful black barn owl with a hint of light tan around his chest and his feathers were dark brown mixed with black. He flew around flapping his wings and flew back into the woods letting out a screech.

Mikako was feeling her heart panic as she didn't know what just happened and maybe he was just passing by. He flew out again and not alone. A girl with platinum blonde hair came out with a long maroon cloak with her hood up. She smiled and the owl flew down to her shoulder as she came closer.

"I've been looking for you." the young girl was beautiful with the dark eyeliner around her eyes making her nice alabaster skin. "Well technically, Ash found you. She loves flying when she get the chance."

Mikako widen her eyes and mistook the barn owl for a male not female.

The girl saw her expression and smiled at the younger girl. "She is actually my closet friend, she is also dying though. I'll miss her when she is gone. But I could ask my friend to send me another one. Although, I'm not sure just yet."

Mikako met eyes with Ash and she tilted her head at her and screeched loudly at her flapping her wings.

"Shh Ash, we don't need everyone to hear you." The girl smiled and stepped closer to the young one. "I'm Kim Yoonji, your mother was my mentor when I was younger. I was on my way to see her but um -- " the words were hard to slip out of as well. "Anyways, I'm going to be your mentor. I had gotten a letter from your mother asking for my help with you. Mikako is it?"

Mikako looked at her and gave her a nod without realizing it.

"I'm going to change it to Miyu. I don't know much about what happened but I promise you. I won't let nothing happen to you." Yoonji smiled as he held out her hand. "Come on, we must leave before it gets dark on us and someone finds you alone here."

For some strange reason, Mikako didn't want to go with her because she hardly knew her. Just because she mentioned her mother didn't mean anything. She was gone, everyone was gone and it was her fault for not say anything sooner.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter